ABSA Bank — internet banking - adding new french business beneficiary - no assistance / response to telephone call
At about 15h30 I telephoned [protected] as I was unable to add a new beneficiary. The first call was answered and assistance was given regarding an "unacceptable" French address.
The next call was made at about 15h45 as there were further problems regarding SWIFT codes and IBAN numbers - something that I have been doing at Sandton City (ABSA) for about 18 years - whatever I tried seemed unacceptable ...
This call was dropped at about 15h50 (by the call center). I telephoned again at 15h50 and was told that there were delays due to high call volumes and patience was needed.
At exactly 16h30 the call was cut.
I called again and was told about your business hours - and to 'phone again'
And to think that:
1 My clients pay me for my time
2 We pay you a service fee for ?
3 Other service providers offer to telephone back if call volumes are high.
I am angry and appealed
More ABSA Bank Complaints & Reviews
- ABSA Private Security Provident Fund - provident fund 
- ABSA Bank - refusing to close credit card account
- ABSA i-Direct - vehicle claim 
- ABSA - provident fund payout 
- ABSA - clearing cheques without waiting 7 days
- ABSA Bank - internet banking
- ABSA Bank - home loan judgement will not removed absa home loan dept/legal/credit
- ABSA Bank - inward transfer funds 
- ABSA Bank - credit card application
- ABSA Bank - debit order