Above The Smokies / No refund

This place shows cabins on line to rent. I looked thru all cabins in the area and chose this place. My husband and I made reservations for a cabin for December 1 and 2nd 2006 for our anniversary. It costs us a total of $288.00 for 2 nights. The place was very unhealthy. There were dead bugs and dust in window seals and on floors. The bed had a nasty spread we had to remove and the bed looked like sheets were slept on. The fireplace didn't work, the hot tub was nasty. I reported these things to them and said maid service would come, no one came, no one has done anything to compensate other then to offer us 10% off our next visit, like we would try to stay with them again. They said they had reported this to higher people, on the 18th of Dec, still no answer. I feel they falsely advertised and our week end was ruined. For something that I wanted to be special was ruined and you cannot get it back. I feel I should get a refund for what I went thru.

Ge

Comments

• Jg
      11th of May, 2009

It's taken 2 years and you still have not received a reply? This long after I don't think you'll get one either. If you haven't already, you should report them to the Better Business Bureau, and whoever the regulatory agency for residential/hotel business is in that state as well.