Able Debt Settlement / Scam charges

I got a call from ADSI (Able Debt Settlement) in October to help me with my credit card debt. They gave me a plan and it seemed reasonable. They did not tell me the dangers of debt settlement and but said that all of my creditors would bend to the settlement because it wouldn't be worth it to them to pursue me any other way. Well it got really bad. I talked to someone about it about a month in. She told me to stick with it. I started getting letters from attorneys in my local area and just got a really sick feeling about this.

I decided to file BK and called to cancel ADSI. I was told they would process my cancellation and refund. Since they had not done anything but contact my creditors once I figured I would get half of the $600 + I had paid them. Well I got a letter in the mail stating that their fees had totaled $1600 + for what I don't know? They are not willing to provide me with a breakdown of services. They said they would not pursue the fees that they had not collected... yeah because there is NO basis for these fees! I feel like they misrepresented what they could do for me and now they won't give me any part of my money back nor provide a breakdown of services.

Va

Comments

• Ro
      3rd of Aug, 2009

These guys are scam artists. I too was taken by these guys. Unfortunately $1900 later they could not provide a detail of services provided and had to go back and negotiate with my creditors directly. Filing a BBB complaint and also with the Texas Attorney General. Stay AWAY from these guys. BAD NEWS!!!

• Jh
      11th of Jan, 2010

Same here. ADSI takes the fees upfront. when the balance you are to retain in your account is available they do not settle accounts. I was in the program and could have paid off an account 3months earlier. Best to negotiate with the creditors directly or with an attorney.

• Ed
      1st of Sep, 2010

When in need of debt help, it is always best to contact a company that offers many debt management programs to give you more options. Personal Credit Solution will discuss all the debt relief programs available to you and provide you with unbiased information for each one. They make sure you also understand the pros and cons to each debt relief program available, so that you can weight your options fairly.
    When searching a debt relief company to work with always look at their fee structure. If they charge anything up-front or charge monthly dues, it's better to stay away. Settlement companies should only charge a fee once a settlement has been finalized by the debt agency and the client's creditor. They should also charge minimal fees based on what they save their clients. www.personalcreditsolution.com operates with this fair fee structure and offers a full satisfaction guarantee to each of their clients. Remember, there are honest settlement companies out there...you just have to do your homework and see what you're really paying for their service. Contact Personal Credit Solution as they offer a free unbiased consultation to all their clients. They also inform clients of all the debt relief options out there, so that their clients are fully informed of their options. www.personalcreditsolution.com 1-888-727-4505

• Vh
      24th of Feb, 2011

Able debt is nothing buy a scam. They don't settle your debt. But steal your money. They are crooks and should be jailed for scamming people and in the end driving people into bankruptcy and worse. And Jason Erwin the so called Christian that represents that company should be the first one to get no free pass and straight to jail.

• Vh
      24th of Feb, 2011

Able debt sucks. There chapter 11 upcoming bankruptcy needs to be investigated they didn't settle my debt or many others, if any at all.

• 94
      31st of Mar, 2011

I agree 100% This company should really be investigated!!! They did the same thing to my fiance...they charged him these "service fees" but for what? They didnt do anything. He decided to file bankruptcy instead and they said theyd review his account to see if hed be refunded and they denied him. What determines who gets refunded and who doesnt?! I called just to ask a few questions about the refunds and the staff there was very rude!