abhishek mehta / didnt check my passport

1 1900 marlboro ln Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7732088379

Hi,
I am Dr Mehta(abhishek mehta ).I was schedulled to travel from chicago to india with stopaage in germany(frankfurt) .I am US passport holder .I thought I didnt require a visa to travel to India on an American passport as it was just my first flight after getting the american passport .The airindia missed checking my passoprt that it wasnt stammped for Indian Visa, and now I am in stuck frankfurt germany as they checked it and told me that it should have been checked in US, Had it been checked there I would have easily got it stamped there in chicago instead now I am applying from a different country here in frankfurt and have to stay here till it gets stamped for atleast 3=4 days and i have to do all the financial expences and the waste of my time and vacation .Not only that i was told i have to pay extra penalty as my flight schedule has to be changed for that.
Please let me know what Airindia can do about that because i believe if that had simply checked this in Chicago, i wont have to go through all this

Comments

• Su
      24th of Feb, 2010

the passenger is responsible to have the correct documents and not the carrier. AI in chicago should have caught that at check in.
    good luck trying to have AI pay for your expences. they may even charge you a change fee-