Abella Studios Photography / Disappointing wedding photos

NJ, United States Review updated:

I had the same experience too!!! Who was your photographer??? They aren't fast at all with turnover of the proofs and are difficult to work with once you raise any sort of question or complaint. Everything is fine until you voice your opinion on how you'd like it better. As for the day itself, I was given a full wedding shoot that our photographer did and we didn't like it from the get go, but we figured once we met with him we could tell him exactly how we wanted our shots. We didn't get the posed shots that we wanted and how we wanted, although he kept on insisting that he took them and for us to let him do his job (which we found to be VERY rude) so from the start my husband and i were not happy with his attitude and unprofessionalism. Also, we found him borderline obstrusive and our priest even had to stop in mid sentence because of the distraction. We flat out told the photographer he couldn't take pictures before or after the ceremony, just during, and he still went on, in which we had to be spoken to by the church. This was unbelieveable and I feel the need to let people know of this. We feel this was so unfair to us and the way we were treated once we brought this up to the studio. They basically don't care because they know they have your money and are stuck with them since they have your proofs. They told us we aren't professional photographers and the pictures are "one of the best" they've ever seen ever... yeah RIGHT. The way we were spoken to and how condescending the tone was really upset us. We thought all the stress was gone after the wedding but with photography, you have to wait and wait and follow up with the studio to make sure they get the job done right.

But, we had a beautiful wedding and are so grateful our friends and relatives took such great pictures themselves and have sent to us! Don't let bad photography ruin your day!!!
Cs

Comments

Li
  10th of Nov, 2008
I booked abella studios thinking I made the right choose They were horrible !!! I never made it to the gardens to take my Wedding pictures because my photographer didn't know were she was going but my point is abella studios are the ones who recommend me to go to the gardens because they told me that they do many pictures there so I had to end up taking my pictures behind my reception hall in the woods
Sf
  23rd of Jul, 2009
My husband and I had used Abella Studio's and had the opposite experience. We were very pleased with our photographer. We did know that the photographer was contracted. He showed up on time, and took unlimited pictures which was one of our requirements. He was NOT intrusive at all - to tell you the truth, I didn't personally see him at all during the ceremony.

I do agree with the statement that most of the pictures were of myself and my husband, but that is what we wanted. I do give my photographer a 2.5 stars out of 5 for being creative, but when we suggested poses or places he was more than accommodating. If we had a specific request for a shot, he was great about it.

The photo package that we requested was just photo's only, no videography. The photo's were digital, and when we requested proof's on CD, the wrong CD was originally sent to us, my husband had called and we received the correct CD about a week later. Our problem was resolved with no issues. When we discussed the wedding package with Abella's we asked questions and they were answered. We knew upfront about photo editing, and we were told that the touching up was a separate apt., and was done so because we had to approve the photo's prior to finalizing them.

Buyer beware, the service is as good as the customer. Another words, communication is the key, if you don't like AT THE TIME OF SERVICE like what you are getting DON'T keep you mouth shut - Speak up! Remember - You are paying their salary. If you don't like a pose (Even on your wedding day) say something. You make suggestions on how You want to look, or be posed.

Sorry if this seems a little too blunt.
Re
  25th of May, 2011
WHAT A MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT! The photos came out looking like an amateur photographer had taken the photos not to mention it took 5 weeks for Abella to post our photos. I am so upset because we spent over $3K on photography. Their customer services is horrible. After they receive your final payment it is extremely difficult to get in touch with them. Abella is also very deceiving because you see all these great photos on their website but what they don't tell you is that your photos WILL NOT look like the ones posted on their website! They only enhance a handful of photos and they say they enhance the photos that you choose for your wedding album but they barely put any work into it!

Abella Studios Logo Abella Studios