Abella Mayfair / "free sample"

United States Review updated:

I too have been scammed by this company. I saw the add and it clearly stated that they would send me a free sample for just shipping and handling. I got the sample and saw the shipping and handling charge on my credit statement. A few weeks later I noticed a $142.00 charge from the same company. I called them and they insisted that I checked off a box agreeing to be charged monthly if I didn't return the product within 14 days. There is no way I saw any such thing when I ordered the free sample. This is a total scam, the product is a scam! When I called they immediately offered me a partial refund if I agreed not to dispute the charges, which we all know they are depending on people not hiring a lawyer over $100.00 . Well they are getting very rich by deceiving people!! I believe I should be totally refunded as they can not prove I checked some box agreeing to these ridiculous terms and conditions.

Su
Oct 27, 2016

Comments

Dec 17, 2016

Same complaint as everyone here but I did get them to cancel my account after they charged my Mastercard over $200.00. I wrote a few emails saying I wanted my money back and finally got a response from a Wesley Aragon at almost midnight right after I sent another email. He said they'd give me $100.00US if I sent them an email saying only these words, "Yes, I agree, " Agree to stop bothering them. I couldn't believe his arrogance but what choice did I have. I was so angry I said no. Now I'm out all my money but I'm not going to agree to that which he said was a "settlement." Someone should try to have these products tested because I suspect they are seriously dangerous. I had a severe reaction and their site said no side affects. My eyes swelled so I could hardly see within minutes.reaction. It is obvious this company if a scam, fake and the guy Wesley Aragon is a scam artist. I believe they're doing these trials in many names. If anyone wants to contact me I'm at [protected]@hotmail.ca

Dec 17, 2016

I just wanted to add here that I was offered a refund of $100.00 that would be taken right away off the approx. $220.00 they charged my credit card if I'd agree on a settlement by sending an email that said 3 words only, "Yes, I agree." I wonder If then that would be a legal binding statement. I said No, but I also said I wanted all my money back. They haven't sent a reply back and I'm sure they won't. The last email was from a Wesley Aragon. When I'd called my credit card company they told me there's nothing they can do. They sent me a dispute letter to fill out.
    My bank Mastercard is issued from the National Bank. I asked if I could cancel my card and they told me if I did it doesn't matter because they are legally bound to let this company charge to my account. So, there's nothing we can do to stop it unless we dispute it with out bank and send copies of emails etc. If anyone is wanting to go further into this I would love to be part of this. Maybe we should try to get this on a news show or Dr. Oz ..any other ideas?? Better business bureau. There is a facebook page Abella Mayfair Scam...might be worth corresponding with each other.

• Mp
      Dec 20, 2016

@SandieR The US Federal Trade Commission wants to hear complaints like these from you. Contact FTC at www.ftc.gov and they will investigate these fraudsters, guaranteed.

I was also misled with the idea I am going to be receiving a FREE TRIAL for only $3.95. So far they have charged my card CAN$5.41 after I already cancelled my order!. I contacted my card bank and must go in and fill out forms to stop additional charges. I cancelled my order same day after reading these reviews online.

• Jn
      Jan 21, 2017

@SandieR I need help. They just ignored my emails. I kept asking them to cancel my order for a month now and they just ignored me. How is it legally bound when they don't even have terms and agreement written on the website. If anyone knows what to do, please share your wishdom. I have been charged over 500 dollars

Dec 17, 2016

I agree with everyone. This is a scam

Jan 06, 2017

I am also one of those people who never fell into this "trial version for shipping fee only" scams until this came... I swear I didn't check off any thing that says about 14 days trial period that I have to cancel as it is an automatic enrollment to their product. I only heard about this when I called them to complain and inquired on the charges. What kind of product offering is would start its 'trial cycle' counter as soon as you 'placed' your order and NOT when you received it??? The trials came in 5 days after it was placed, as if the package was express delivered. I then went to check the inserted paper in the package which also didn't even mention anything about the trial period but only savings you will get if you 'call us for another product'.. Too bad my MasterCard cannot do anything about it - seems this scenario didn't fall under 'Fraud'.
    This is just one expensive lesson learned on how scam artist can find a way to milk hard-earned money from people.

• Su
      Jan 20, 2017

Hey guys, I just tried purchasing it and at the end during checkout process my phone screen got freeze and i had to go out of the site before the process completed. But i did put my credit details in it. Now i am scared as hell. What should i be doing? :'(

• Su
      Jan 20, 2017

Do they send you any email or confirmation? I am not even sure if the item has been processed yet. What should i do now?

• Jn
      Jan 21, 2017

@Suprima Shrestha that's the problem. I have the same problem. They dont' send receipt.

Jan 24, 2017

Just got off the phone with this company over the same issue. They claim under terms and conditions it states after 14 days if you don't cancel you are the charged full price. What kind of ### is that. They offer a $100 refund which still leaves me out $160. This company needs a visit from a lawyer absaloutly furious. I hope this company gets caught up and eventually fixes their serious issues

• Ta
      Jan 25, 2017

ATTENTION GERRY SHARPE/GWEN FINHERT/SUSAN OMAN/ChevyB/Kryrich86/MARY MENZIES/SandieR/Matheena PLS EMAIL ME ASAP. IM QUITE SERIOUS & HAVE AN IDEA OF HOW WE CAN ALL FIX THIS ISSUE WE HAVE ALL BEEN THROUGH
    NOTHING SHORT OF FALSE ADVER
    IM ALSO A CANADIAN CITIZEN
    I WOULD VERY VERY MUCH LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU ALL
    MY NAME IS TAVIA DUNLOP.
    THIS IS NOT A JOKE IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER!!!
    ABELLE MAYFAIR HAS AN OFFICE IN NORTH YORK ONTARIO CANADA (&ACCORDING TO AN EMPLOYEE IVE SPOKEN WITH;THEY HAVE ONE IN NORTH YORK, NORTH CAROLINA)
    NOW THAT SAID-I HAVE NAMES/DATES/COMPLAINTS/ETC. ALL RECORDED. YOUR WIFE AND YOURSELF (&ANYONE IN CANADA READING THIS!!!)PLEASE
    WE CAN SEE JUSTICE WELL DONE; THERE ARE SPECIFIC LAWS IN PLACE. THIS COMPANY HAS TRIED TO GET FUNDS AS THEY FEEL SAFE IN "LOOPHOLES" IN THE LAW.
    ANYONE WHO HAS HAD ISSUES WITH THIS FREE TRIAL OFFER TO PAY ONLY SHIPPING & HANDLING PLEASE PLEASE GET AHOLD OF ME
    THE MORE THE BETTER.
    I WILL TRY & REACH MOST OF YOU FIRST IF IM ABLE TO-EVERYONE PLEASE EMAIL ME @ [protected]@gmail.com
    That's Tavia Dunlop @ [protected]@gmail.com

•   Mar 26, 2017

@TAVIA4UndrDog Feel free to inbox me. I think this website has a private message feature.

• Co
      Mar 15, 2017

YES, I Agree 100 % with what Tavia said ! We all should stand up and fight to protect our consumers right!
    I thank you very much for representing us. Though we have got our money back after 4-5 months hard time, we will not stop here, we will continue to fight against Abella Mayfair the Online SCAMMER until they run out of business! Thank you again Tavia!