ABCO Leasing / JLA Credit Corporation / Equipment financing rip off

2005 Niagra Falls Blvd.Buffalo, NY, United States Review updated:

I was contacted by Mr. Jim Flemming on June 14, 2007 in regards to funding new equipment for my well drilling business. This was cold call marketing by Mr. Flemming. He emailed me a financing application which I filled out and returned. He called me the next day to tell me that he ran my credit and I was pre-qualified for equipment leasing up to five hundred thousand dollars. I was then contacted by Mathew O. Burke from JLA Credit Corp., 4246 Lea Road, Suite 40, Amherst, NY 14226, [protected]. He said I was pre-qulified based on ABCO Leasing's credit check of me and my business and he required $2,500. to handle the leasing paperwork. I paid the $2,500., in three payments over one month, to JLA Credit Corp. After the final payment was done, nothing more happened. Any contact with ABCO Leasing or JLA Credit Corp., after the last payment was made, was initiated by me and the response from Jim Flemming and Mathew O. Burke was they were working on it. Here is the kicker; NEITHER COMPANY RAN A CREDIT CHECK DURING THE PREQUALIFYING PERIOD. I was told that my company and I were prequalified for the lease but that was not true. These guys were only interested in the $2,500.
Va

Comments

Mu
  15th of Feb, 2011
Obviously, this person tried to scam someone and was caught. Would have contacted a lawyer and sued if true. Complaints Board has another motive in printing this story. Is this a true complaint or was this provided by a ghostwriter for Complaints Board to collect money for advertising?
Pa
  23rd of Jul, 2015
Sounds like someone that tried to rip-off the leasing companies. The borrower's story just doesn't make sense. Who is this mystery complainant?