[Resolved] ABC Financial Services / planet fitness gym membership cancellation policy

1 Oakland, CA, United States

I signed up for a Planet Fitness membership on 1/29/2015. Membership No. [protected]. I tried repeatedly to cancel online but could not.

I sent an email to Planet Fitness on 7/20/2016 requesting the cancellation of my membership. The response stated that cancellations must be done in person or via certified mail and delivered by the 10th. It also stated "Membership dues are fully earned and non-refundable once received."

I have never accessed my benefits of membership by going into a Planet Fitness and using the facilities.

Additionally, since I was able to establish the membership online it follows that one would be able to manage and cancel said membership online. Requiring me to come in to the business or send request via certified is inconvenient and punishes the consumer.

Making a process cumbersome and inconvenient for the consumer is a predatory in nature. To date Planet Fitness via ABC Financial Services have taken $400 of my money.

I am seeking a refund of $400.00.

• Resolution statement

• ABC Financial Services Customer Care's Response, Apr 20, 2018

Hello Eddie
    Please be advised that cancellations are processed solely by Planet Fitness. Please contact Planet Fitness regarding your cancellation as ABC is unable to modify the cancellation terms.

Ed