[Resolved] ABC Financial / Retro Fitness Manassas, VA / membership cancellation

11714 Sudley Manor Dr , Manassas, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (571) 208-0737

My husband and I cancelled our membership in December 2011. I got a call yesterday that my account is going to be sent to collections because of lack of payment. Showed up at the gym and their General Manager, Melinda Rose said there was a glitch in their system and that they couldn't receive payment. Well that's because we cancel our accounts. She asked if we had documentation and of course we didn't because we did it over the phone. She said that our transaction was done with the old manager and that there was no way to contact her. Asked to speak to a higher authority, and she said there was no one higher than her...asked if she was the owner? NO... but no one else we could talk to. While talking to her she continued to roll her eyes the entire time. I asked her why my wife's account got cancelled and mine didnt? She said she could not look up that info for me. It is not right to do this to customers because they lost documentation and cannot manage their gym properly so they put the burden on their customers. When we told her to go ahead and charge us whatever was needed to close the account she said ok... asked for documentation and she said there is none?!! How can she ask me for documentation when she stated herself that there was none? So I will be charged for 2 more months plus a $39.99 fee?!!! For a gym that I am not going to.

• Resolution statement

• ABC Financial Services Customer Care's Response, Apr 09, 2012

Hello,
    We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services and Retro Fitness was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make your situation was handled properly.

I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post, however, should you have additional comments you would care to discuss, please email me at Stephanie.[protected]@abcfinancial.com.
    Stephanie Cook
    Data Research Analyst
    ABC Financial Services, Inc.

Comments