ABC Financial / Gold Gym / attempting to get more money out of consumer

1 Flowery Branch, GA, United States Review updated:

I cancelled my membership at Golds Gym Buford GA in which was going bad conditions such has shutting down the gym for 3 days failure to pay the power bill, no cable, the bathroom shower of them not working, no paper towels to dry your hands and on top of it people were not getting paid.
I cancelled my membership on December 10, 2010. I sent a certified letter to ABC Financial in which they received December 14, 2010 and signed by a Jeff Haas. I told them that do not charge my credit card and if any questions feel free to call me and or email. However I received a letter from ABC Fiancial dated December 16, 2010 stating that I owe $49.98. I flipped out. FIrst of all my contract I signed back in January 2009 was month to month and can cancel it anytime. I was billed last on November 21, 2010 and I cancelled on December 10, 2010. How do they figure I owe 2 months.
I made a call to ABC Financial on December 20, 2010 and a female rep answered the phone who did not know how to pull my acct and took her at least 15 minutes to look at the acct. After a brief discussion, I asked for her supervisor, waitied another 10 minutes and a male supervisor came on and afer a brief discussion started to overtalk me and had to scream over him. I then asked for his supervisor, and a female supervisor came on and I told her the first rep did not know how to pull up the account. The second supervisor overtalked him and had to scream. I told her pull the tape and if not I will subpoena the tape and this is showing me no class. I told the female supervisor I AM NOT GOING TO PAY THIS. Well they kept saying you have to give a 60 day notice. WRONG. In the back of the contract states a 30 day written cancellation. I did that. However they asked if I had the contract in front of me, told them NO, I am driving how do you except me to have that in front of me. However I stated also I am not going to pay it and if it comes down going to court in small claims court I will do it. I told them I deal with contracts all day so I know what I am talking about. I asked 3 times do you want to go to court. All she could say that is up to me. I told her Ok, will see you in court and hung up. I even asked before I hung up who was her supervisor who gave me a statement NO MATTER WHAT WHERE EVER YOU GO THEY WILL TELL YOU THE SAME THING. REALLY. Of course the letter they sent me, well lets say, the consumer has the advantage.
After reviewing the contract, I know where they got the 60 day of the automatic renewal in which I never signed or inital it, but ONCE AGAIN IT WAS STATED on their end it was. Even if there call was recorded they better review the tape again because the next step I will record my own call since I am in GEorgia I can.
This ABC Financial claims to have a A rating in the Better Business Bureau. Wrong. They have a F rating with me. This company will try everything in the book to attempt to fraud the consumers in getting more money unless you read the contract carefully. Now they want me to send the back of the company in whcih they claim in the computer they have a copy. I forgot the reps do get paid cheap wagers so they act this way. UNREAL, Unprofessional conduct, make false statements to consumer, unfair business practices, fraudulent billing.
Of all the complaints I see on the interent about this company, I could not see. I am surprised this company is still in business and not have been shut down for their billing practices and unfair business practice. I guess and it seems no attorney wants to take this company on for a class action suit. I wonder if they are afraid of this company. It is sicken to me that a company like this can attempt to scam consumers, treat consumers with disrespect the consumers, and making false statements and still in business is beyond me. Maybe a website needs to be started to see how many complaints of ABC financial has I am sure it is about 50 pages wrong.
I will fight this matter over $50.00. It is sad.

Tom

Comments

• Su
      28th of Dec, 2010

Dear Tom,

We regret to hear that your experiences with ABC Financial Services were anything but satisfactory. All consumer concerns are taken very seriously and we would like the opportunity to review your situations and satisfy your needs.

Should you have additional comments you would care to discuss, please email memberservices@abcfinancial.com.

Susan de Long
    Customer Relations
    ABC Financial Services, INC.

• Wh
      7th of Jan, 2011

Mr. Johnson:
    I agree about your bill. That is an extreme in December. This sounds like something wrong with the meter. I would call customer service and asked for a test meter to be installed. Make sure you write down who you talked to. If refused then asked for a supervisor and get a name. If it does not work, sent a complaint to Georgia Public Service but again they really don;t help since they protect GA power. I would send a certified letter to the CEO that way you have a record. If you are not getting any help, then your best bet is going to the media for assistance. If your bills were $120.00 all the time there is something wrong. If you want to know the GA OFFICE address it is on the bill. but it is also on the internet. I would find out from next door neighbor and see what their average bill. If it is lower, then
    it is GA power problem. You have to fight this.

• Wh
      15th of Jan, 2011

Well I cannot believe ABC financial. I sent them a second CERTIFIED LETTER that was signed on December 28, 2010. and asking them to provide the necessary proof where I owe $49.98. A Daniel Rose signed the letter. Well as of January 15, 2011 I received a letter dated January 03, 2011 stating I still owe them the amount and I have till Feburary 20, 2011 to pay it otherwise they have threaten me to a collection agency. This tells me that they do not take CERTIFIED LETTERS SERIOUSLY.. Well looks like to me now I will have to take them to court. It is sad for this low amount. I begin to wonder this other person that responded on this site, I wonder if she is valid since I even emailed them the complaint to member services. They have 20 days to respond and send me the necessary proof and I get a letter within 5 days date stamp by them after the certified letter was signed. This tells me that they do not even look at the letter.
    Now I do believe that ABC FINANCIAL attempts to defraud consumer out of more money that is not valid. They do need to be aware now that anything they say will be used against them. It is sad that this company continues to do business this way and not be concerned about the consumer.

• Su
      25th of Jan, 2011

Dear Member,

I understand your frustation and I apologize that your experience has been as such; however, I am unable to research any information on your account without some details from you.
    If you are willing to provide your nine digit agreement number I will be happy to look over your account.

Susan de Long
    Customer Relations
    ABC Financial Services, INC.