[Resolved] ABC Financial / canceling

Waltham, MA, United States Review updated:

I wanted to cancel my membership and auto deduction with WOW and ABC Financial. Called ABC Financial and explained that my Health Plan would pay for my gym membership, but WOW was not included. The customer service rep said she would note all this on my account and all that I had to do was send them an email saying that I wanted to cancel. I did that and thought that was the end of it. They charged my account in February as they said they would because of the timing. They charged my account in March also and when I noticed it I called them back. I was told that they never received my email and there were no notes on my account about canceling. Again they told me to send them an email which I did, as well as a registered letter. So now they tell me that they will charge my account again in April because I did not give them 30 days notice and the charge will be $24.95, more than they had been charging me ($19.95/mo). My next action, after this complaint, will be to file one with the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's Office here in Massachusetts. If you are joining a health club make sure that they do not use ABC Financial.

• Resolution statement

• ABC Financial Services Customer Care's Response, Apr 09, 2012

Hello,
    We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make your situation was handled properly.

I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post, however, should you have additional comments you would care to discuss, please email me at Stephanie.[protected]@abcfinancial.com.
    Stephanie Cook
    Data Research Analyst
    ABC Financial Services, Inc.

Ri

Comments

• Ri
      7th of Apr, 2012

Another chapter has been added to my problems with ABC Financial. I got an email from ABC saying that, because I was canceling my EFT, my new payment that they were going to deduct was now $24.99. My new payment for what? I canceled my membership at WOW back in February and so far because of ABC's deceptive and possibly fraudulent business practices, I will have paid so far 3 months dues for a gym that I do not belong to. My next step is to file a complaint with the state Attorney General's Office and with my lawyer.

• Ka
      15th of Mar, 2013

I'm trying to cancel a membership that I have only had for a month. Technically two weeks because I had to pack up and move to another town due to losing my job. I joined Blast Fitness on february 4, 2013 and found out a week later that my I was let go from my job.
    In all the hurry to pack and get out of my apartment I simply emailed Blast. They got back to me a week later and said contact ABC Financial via email. So I did and ABC had already charged me $20 for February plus $22 for whatever...not sure what. Now they are saying I owe them $54.11 for canceling!
    How does that even sound ethical? I wasn't even there for a month! Now they say I need to give them the $54 or they will keep charging me.

I deleted my bank account but I'm terrified to call and give these people a credit card or my new bank info in order to just pay them off And get them out of my life! I'm afraid they will come up with some fraudulent reason to steal from my new account! How sad is that? One month ...less really considering I spent the last two weeks of february packing and moving yet I've ready given them around 44.00 bucks and they want another $54!!!

Thieves!!!

• Sm
      5th of Sep, 2013

I agree! I am in the same situation they wont let me out! I contacted them to let them know i wanted to cancel and they agreed but a month after i see that they still charging me!!! I been fighting with them for over 6 months, trying to get out and now they want me to pay those 6 months or they sending my account to collections! What kind of bs is this if i had already cancelled, they are trying to get me to paid or they will ruin my credit and they will never let me go. I will be contacting a lawyer. If anybody else wants to join me email me at [protected]@gmail.com

I will not let this crooks keep taking my money or any other hard working american!