Aarons Sales & Lease - Lancaster, SC / harassment of children

Please dont buy from Aaron's Sales & Lease. I leased from them in 2002 at the Lancaster, S.C. store. Paid off three items. I have made it known to them every month I have two disable sons and I am at dr. or hospital alot. They may not hear from me for days, but I will always pay my payment before the other payment is due. The day after due date they start calling, harassing my children by telling them they are coming to get our furniture. They upset my children and get them crying. This is very unprofessional business.

N  4th of Oct, 2007 by
### you go pay your bills first
A  11th of Oct, 2007 by
I was employed with AARONS and disgusted with their collection techniques. The stores got in trouble with the Texas Attorney General and placed on probation. They still don't get the message , and continued with their previous behavior , even collecting on Sunday!
N  6th of Jan, 2008 by
I was employed at this exact Aaron's for almost a year. I quit in November 2007.

I know from working there, that as long as you call and let them know when you are going to be in to make your payment, they will put in a "promise" for that date which lets them know not to call until that date has passed. Granted, you may have told them about your situation, but you can't expect them to remember. We had over nine hundred active customers when I left. As long as you call and aren't trying to ### them over...there is a lot that they can do for you. Usually if you pay within the month, or before your NEXT due date, you are good. They can also rewrite your agreement or give you a service extension. Communication is key, and if you don't communicate with Aaron's about where you are as far as your payment goes every month (before you're late), then that interferes with the business relationship. There are too many people that go into Aaron's, pick out a 73" HDILA, make one payment, and then move states away...never to be heard from again. You can't expect for Aaron's to just know you're going to come in...it's all about communication.
N  6th of Jan, 2008 by
And about your children, my sales manager told a customer's son once that he had a piece of ### father and that they were going to have to buy a cooler after he comes to pick up their fridge. They don't care.
D  22nd of Jul, 2008 by
You should never have agreed on a contract to repay if you are so STUPID! They have to be partially to blame for being dumb enough to let you have the stuff anyway. YOUR PROBLEMS ARE NOT THEIRS, GET OFF YOUR LAZY @SS AND PAY YOUR FRIGGIN BILLS U MAGGOTT!

Aaron's Logo Aaron's