Aaron's / poor service!

We rented a TV, had been paying for 3 months, then on Labor Day weekend, we took off on a trip to look at some property in northern NV where we bought some property. My wife works overnight shifts, and I am self employed where I work an hour/half from home. We got back from our trip that Sunday, and thought we would take care of all bill that were due that following Saturday when we are both home. Well Aaron's didn't wait a day over our due date, that they were sending an employee to our house. Not at a reasonable hour. The first time the guy came by was a little after 6am! My wife had just got to bed, when the door bell was ringing and pounding at the door!! She told him we would take care of our payment that Sat. when we could come in. Two days later same guy came knocking (pounding) on our door again!! This time was around 7:05 am!! My wife told they guy NOT to come around so early and said we will take care of it!. Then three days later that Sat morning, the same guy (again) showed up a little after 7am!! This time I was home!! I told him NOT to every come to ur house that early!! He laughed at me and told me he could come any time he wanted too!! I them told him to get off my property or I would call the Sheriff! he once again laughed at me!! I was really mad, so when my wife got up we went to pay the bill, then decided to call them and pay over the phone, while we were on hold waiting for them to process our payment, the manager came on the line, and started yelling at my wife, that his employee made a police report against me for threatening him!! What kind of business do they run?? They are worse than loan sharks!! No professional business would ever come knocking on someones door so early in the morning!! The manager said to me that he wanted them to come and pick up our tv!! Then he told us that they are charging us $10 for every time they send some one to our house!!! Convenient for them, when the guy lives right here in this little bitty town? Isn't it just a "bit" unreasonable to send someone over, not only that early in the morning, but 3 times in one week, when my wife specifially told him we were on a trip and coming in to take care of the payment in 7 days???... We called the corporate headquarters and made a complaint. The business is a franchise we were told, and the owners nema is 5 star corp and a man and wife owned it, he also gave me their names... The complaint was sent to them. We should be hearing from them on Mon or Tues. This is ridiculous, they took our payment and now want to come and pick the tv up! We have a 6 month agreement with them, how convenient it is for them to take this back??? Our suggestion before leasing anything from Aaron's is check them out before leasing with them. Even though Aaron's has a standard policy for all the franchises, we are told by corp headquarters, that because it is a franchise, the run things the way they want to. Even if they are out of line. But they CAN get in trouble if they cross the line. They can have their franchise license revoked... Beware!!

Kl
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Lo
      4th of Feb, 2019

I have gotten stuff through Aarons for a long time and I have never been treated as bad as have lately there a very rude and hateful employee that works there who is extremely rude and hateful instead of trying to help out with the u have to pay gets very rude and will not accept the money I do have he told that he don't care if I have grashiments coming from my other job and demand that I pay the full amount I pay want I can and I usually pay in full my next payday I do not appreciate the rudeness I show them respect at least he could do is the same thing I will after I get my stuff paid off I will never to back to that place again

13th of Aug, 2018

I have informed Aarons since 7/3/18 that my oven door needed repair since I have the warranty thru Aarons and my item has yet to be paid off I requested this through the Aarons on Wheeler Road, Central Islip, NY. I also purchase and pay for the Extended Warranty to cover all my products purchased through Aarons. On 7/3, I was advised by the person who came to repair my oven that he had to return to the store and could not fix the door. After not returning on 7/9 and my appointment being ignored with no phone call or no one coming to my home even after being placed in the schedule book I filed my 1st complaint and Nia the regional manager contacted me and advised that someone from Aarons will come to my home on 7/13. After that date I was informed that they had to outsource the repair to AllPro and register the product with Frigidaire, after a Month on 8/3 I called Frigidaire for status and was told NO ONE from Aarons called to register the product. I, Myself went to register the product and called AllPro to try to schedule an appoint and was then told by AllPro that NO one from Aarons called them because if they did they would know that AllPro does NOT SERVICE the Brentwood Area. I am very UPSET since I have to do all the work to have my own items repaired when I am making my payments and also am paying for an EXTENDED WARRANTY!!! How is it that when it is time to make a payment Aaron calls me 5-6 times a day even when I make payments online. When I told that to Aarons in Central Islip, I was told what does that matter one has nothing to do with the other. I find that this has been the worst experience ever I have a Family gathering on SEPT 1st... Very Important and I do not have an oven for Over a month trying to just cook on a stove is somewhat very difficult with children. as to my 2nd complaint on 8/8 no one has even bother to call me not even the regional manager. My 2nd Complaint number is HSC0246774 and the 1st complaint number is #HSC0235815. I hope to have this resolved ASAP.

15th of Jun, 2017

I live in Fall River MA and I have had trouble making my payments for three months. I understand that they have a business to run and I have had no phone to contact them letting them know that I am having issues with making my payments. I have known the general manager from when he owned Colortyme another rental company and they still lack customer service skills. I don't let them in my house and one time, when they tried to get my furniture, I was not home, and they came in without anyone letting them in. I have told them not to come to my house because they are sneaky, they park a block down the road and knock and pound on the doors and you don't even know who it is coming for their stuff. They knock and pound on every door and window. One day, they came at 9 pm when my son and I were sleeping and knocked so hard, that it woke me up and when I went to answer the door, I was so mad that I slammed the door in their face. Now because I have been trying to work on getting furniture somewhere else, they are taking me to court. I have found other furniture somewhere else, they are refusing to pick up my stuff. I had to put some of the furniture outside just to get my new stuff in and they are so sneaky that they drove by my house to take pictures of the furniture on the lawn . COME GET YOUR STU[censored] I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH YOU ANYMORE. A VERY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER.

Aarons Furniture Rentals - Delivered wrong furniture
    Aarons Furniture Rentals

We picked out some furniture from internet catlog at aarons store in dayton ohio easttown shopping center 2 weeks before x-mas, we were told the furniture would be delivered 29th of dec. i called to check when they would be here for delivery they said they just found out that they did not make that set anymore after i paid downpayment prior to delivery actually i paid for it the day we ordered it . anyway come to find out they did and got the furniture delivered two days after it was promised. when it got here the tables were not the right ones they had the gall to send me tables that they thought i might like without even asking me first and they were broke corners were knocked off and colored in with some sort of marker the coffee table had a hole in the bottom of it the couch was broken needless to say i am a very dissatified costumer. you know we are supposed to pay $3000.00 for some piece of crap i don't think so!!! so my husband and i went down to the store and supposedly got things taken care of and picked a total new livingroom suit expecting that everything would be delivered right this time two days after the promised day we were wrong about everything being okay they still did not bring the lamps that we picked out and guess what no recliner who would have guessed!!! so i just want to say thanks alot ken and chris the only two managers in the whole world who doesnt know their a** from the hole in the ground!!! you really either need a new job flipping burgers or need some type of traing in a mad since.

• Br
    Aarons, Inc - Manager Dispute
    Aarons, Inc
    4355 Eastex Freeway Beaumont
    Beaumont
    Texas
    Phone: (409) 896-2828
    aarons.com

The Manager Black male over 30 accused me of stealing a financed Laptop until I ask or gave him information of who was involved in the stolen case from the suspects Jerry Smith and Megan Byrd, who used my truck keys from the Authority holding them over blackmail issues being charged against me which caused my College Laptop to be taken out of my truck. The security briefcase with Laptop in it was locked up in my truck and secured but in my backseat .The provided evidence is from those two deciding to steal my truck keys from the Authority I ask to secure them my Aunt Stephanie Byrd who gave them to her daughter and family who Megan explained was given to Jerry Smith involved until I had moved safely to my living address from being accused of doing and smoking drugs.

• Cr
    Aarons - RUDE UNPROFESSIONAL EMPLOYEES
    Aaron's Rent to own
    Fort Campbell Blvd
    Clarksville
    Tennessee
    Phone: 9204141

This place houses the rudest employee's. If you get behind the slightest amount they will harass you continually. Not to mention home visits where they will try and push past a family member in a wheelchair. They will not provide you with any information that you ask for including what you owe or management information to file a formal complaint. If you complain or call them out on their lies they will threaten to retrieve their items that you have on a contract thus making you lose thousands of dollars that you have already spent on the merchandise. Their business practices are unethical and very unprofessional. I warn anyone not to rent anything from this company as you will lose your money. I have never been so appalled by a businesses conduct before in my life.

• Kr
      25th of Aug, 2016
    Aarons Rents - Harrassing my family, been with them for 13 yrs!
    Aarons Rents

I have rented stuff from Arron's for over 13 yrs now! I miss my payment date due to weather conditions and then call all my references at 9 am on a saturday!! The allentown Arron's on south fourth street has gone down hill quickly! Your lucky to speak to the same person twice and hope they speak english! Last time I made my payment three people it took to wait on me! The first girl was too busy texting on her phone to complete my payment, so another worker came to pick up her slack! If I coul dhave understood this worker the transaction would have been done from there! But no a third person came to finish my payment!! Never will I go here again!! Ur losing a value customer!!

• Up
    Aarons Sales Lease - Customer Service and delivery
    Aarons Sales and Lease
    Western Blvd
    Jacksonville
    North Carolina

I am having problems with the Jacksonville, NC Aarons store which is idependently owned and operated.
    Well I rented a washer and dryer from them back in March 08. I was very happy with them until about a month later I looked behind my dryer and found that when theys delivered it the kicked a hole in my wall which they failed to mention. I was very upset called the sales person I got it from and told him he apologized to me and told me the GM will call me to take care of it. Well a month went by still no response, so I went to the store to talk to the GM and he told me he needed to talk to the owner about it first. But the owner was on vacation so I had to wait till he got back. Another month went by went to the store again to find out what was going on I was told the GM was on his honeymoon and when he got back he would contact me. Another month went by still no response went to the store again and the GM said there was no way his driver could kick a hole through my wall I told him to come out and he would see it was a foot that had gone through my wall. He still didnt believe another month went by went to the store again very upset this time he sent a delivery person out to look at it and he took a pic by his phone and txt it to the GM. Confirming that someone had kicked a hole in my wall he apologized and said he would fix it right away. Well another month went by still have a hole in the wall I went to the store and told the GM that I wasnt going to make another payment until they fixed my wall. He said I understand I wil get someone on it right away. Well another month past went into the store again and the GM told me the employee that they had that could fix it was no longer with them. He would have to find somebody else well another month went by they finally came by one time to repair my wall I wasnt at home at the time. They finally came out and started on the wall he put a patch on it which looks horrible and they want me to paint it and finish sanding it . I will not pass my move out inspection with the way they did this and want me to finish it I am pregnant and can not do that kind of stuff they did the damage they need to fix it. Well know they are harrasing me for my payment I keep telling them when they fix my wall I will pay them. They keep sending this guy out to harrass me and he didnt know what was going on when he was out here I told him the story he called the GM and told him what was going on. I got on the phone with the GM and he was yelling and screaming at me I told him I wasnt going to deal with him anymore. I wanted to talk to the owner since this store is independently owned the owner got on the phone with was yelling and cursing at me saying my wall was finished I need to stop being a deadbeat and pay my bill I told him to take me to court and he hung up on me. Well still have unfinished wall and getting harrassed on a daily basis. Anybody have any advice.

• Uj
    Aarons - What should have been new
    2900 S Cobb Dr SE # C
    Smyrna
    Georgia
    Phone: (770) 333-9870

Ordered living room suite under the impression it was a brand new suit. upon delivery the bottom of the love seat was torn away, the sofa legs were missing the studs to mount them. I was promised that they would take care of this issue its been over a month, I haven't seen anyone. I have gone to the store several times to resolve this issue, and to my suprize nothing has been done. I have asked the manager to get me a new suite again they refuse to do that even though this is "a new suite " .

• Br
    Arons - hurasment
    arons
    Jacksonville Beach
    Florida

My family has been getting phone calls none stop from the arons we are renting from asking for the little money we owe them.But its not just the fact that we have already told them that we will pay them by the end of the week its the way they talk to you when u answer the phone.I my self just got a call from one of there sales reps who was the most arigant person i have ever talk to in my life. He called and asked for my father and i told him he was not home at the time so i asked if he wanted to leave a message and he say that he doesnt know is my father going call him back this time. witch to me was a very uncalled for reply to a very nicely asked question.

• Le
    Aarons Furniture Rentals - Unauthorized charges
    Aarons Furniture Rentals

I have dealt with arrons for about five years and never had a problem until now I got behind and they were either tring to knock my door down or calling me all times of day. I explain I would bring the payment in on the 21 and they told me to send the stuff back until that time and they would bring it back. Then they asked for a posted dated check and told me they would submitted it that day the next day I recieved papers to go to court. This morning they called again. I never realize they would act this way.

• Ek
      12th of Jul, 2016
    Aarons Furniture Rentals - Rude and stealers
    Aarons Furniture Rentals

I got a TV from them and signed a 24 month lease agreement. It's been past 24 months, I paid every month for past two years, yesterday I found out that I only made 19 payments, how can that be?? I looked at the printed payment schedule that was given to me with their lease agreement and my last payment was suppose to be 7/15. They are liers, and stealers. The guy that I spoke over the phone was yelling at me and tell me that I'm a liar. Couple of months ago they charged my debit card, to some one else's account, if I was the person that didn't check my account daily I would have paid for some one else things. I mean what is going on? Don't lease from them.

• Ri
      17th of May, 2016

Aarons is a cheat!

• Ri
      17th of May, 2016

I paide my account with Aarons, they attempted to collect an amount beyond the contract. They carried me to Court. General District Court, Gloucester, VA Dismissed their case w/prejudice against them, on 2/6/2016. They knowingly misrepresent me as a debtor and Charge Off account, after paying in full. This company is corrupt!

• Gh
      12th of Sep, 2014

are they allowed to text you from their personal cell phone? Seems odd. They're trying to find my soon-to-be x-husband

• Fl
      15th of Apr, 2014

When they came to my door they told me to pay my beeping and stop being a dead beat. this was at 715 am and they woke up the whole neighborhood that saturday morning. So i told them instead of me paying my payment to come get their stuff and I can go somewhere else. Then they decided to come back AT 1030 knowing that my son had a football game at 11 and i would be leaving the house soon. we have been dealing with this company for 3 years and i took my complaint all the way to the top. they were a franchise as well but they ended up paying me 5, 000 for harassment and defamation of character. they also fired their district manager but i still do not go to that company at all. I even got all my money back that i paid to them. having witnesses is a beautiful thing the whole neighborhood came out to testify and the suing process was amazing. they will pay you before they go to court.

• Le
      16th of Dec, 2013

Well I've dealt with then to. If they come on your property. Tell them to leave . If they don't. Call sheriff .. if they will not leave your house or remove foot from door then whip there ### or shoot there ###. There in your home against your will. I pulled gun on Aarons guy and he ran for the hills. He called sheriff and sheriff told him I was in my rights. And that I could've killed him legally. So people. Don't put up with it

• Ca
      14th of Dec, 2013

We rented from Aarons really no problems, we paid money on 20th on 18th rent a center was calling us telling us Aarons was our of business and they took over, we had some issues with are furniture called rent a center, they have no idea what we even have help? Aarons is still open in next town, they also acted like I had more furniture then we do also. Called Aarons main office and they told me to write a letter to company is this all legal?

• Pa
      3rd of Oct, 2013

These people advertise falsely and have fine print in the terms of the contract .

• He
      21st of Jun, 2013

If you have purchased any furniture from an Aaron's in West Virginia, YOU HAVE BEEN ROBBED! I am not exaggerating; WV has strict regulations limiting the markup for retail pricing, and while Aaron's prices for electronics and computers appear to follow those laws, many of their appliances and ALL of their furniture is priced far higher than allowed. The law has been on the books since 1994, but they do not seem to care. I worked for Rent-A-Center for several years, and had a good relationship with the nearby Aaron's franchise; I was able to compare prices over the years. Their general manager claimed had never heard of the law; with his knowledge of Aaron's cost on individual pieces of furniture, and a calculator, I was unable to find even one piece with a legal markup.
    I believe it is only a matter of time before some Aaron's customer files suit over their cash prices, and it will quickly become a major class-action. Rent-A-Center faced a similar suit in 2008, claiming they overpriced used items; while they never broke any laws, they thought it wise to settle the case for over $3 million in cash, and nearly as much in lost revenue due to changes in their pricing policies. Imagine how much Aaron's would be on the hook for, with prices that ARE actually illegal! Aaron's has many loyal customers, who pay off their purchases either quickly, or over the long term--and all of them have been victimized. It's just a question of who will be willing to step up first, and go through the hassle; if the Rent-A-Center settlement is any indication, it's worth the trouble. The named plaintiffs all received a lump-sum cash award for their efforts, on top of their share of the settlement. I'm out of the industry now, so i don't have anything at stake--but I'd love to see tens of thousands of customers get back the money Aaron's stole from them.