Aaron's / poor service!

We rented a TV, had been paying for 3 months, then on Labor Day weekend, we took off on a trip to look at some property in northern NV where we bought some property. My wife works overnight shifts, and I am self employed where I work an hour/half from home. We got back from our trip that Sunday, and thought we would take care of all bill that were due that following Saturday when we are both home. Well Aaron's didn't wait a day over our due date, that they were sending an employee to our house. Not at a reasonable hour. The first time the guy came by was a little after 6am! My wife had just got to bed, when the door bell was ringing and pounding at the door!! She told him we would take care of our payment that Sat. when we could come in. Two days later same guy came knocking (pounding) on our door again!! This time was around 7:05 am!! My wife told they guy NOT to come around so early and said we will take care of it!. Then three days later that Sat morning, the same guy (again) showed up a little after 7am!! This time I was home!! I told him NOT to every come to ur house that early!! He laughed at me and told me he could come any time he wanted too!! I them told him to get off my property or I would call the Sheriff! he once again laughed at me!! I was really mad, so when my wife got up we went to pay the bill, then decided to call them and pay over the phone, while we were on hold waiting for them to process our payment, the manager came on the line, and started yelling at my wife, that his employee made a police report against me for threatening him!! What kind of business do they run?? They are worse than loan sharks!! No professional business would ever come knocking on someones door so early in the morning!! The manager said to me that he wanted them to come and pick up our tv!! Then he told us that they are charging us $10 for every time they send some one to our house!!! Convenient for them, when the guy lives right here in this little bitty town? Isn't it just a "bit" unreasonable to send someone over, not only that early in the morning, but 3 times in one week, when my wife specifially told him we were on a trip and coming in to take care of the payment in 7 days???... We called the corporate headquarters and made a complaint. The business is a franchise we were told, and the owners nema is 5 star corp and a man and wife owned it, he also gave me their names... The complaint was sent to them. We should be hearing from them on Mon or Tues. This is ridiculous, they took our payment and now want to come and pick the tv up! We have a 6 month agreement with them, how convenient it is for them to take this back??? Our suggestion before leasing anything from Aaron's is check them out before leasing with them. Even though Aaron's has a standard policy for all the franchises, we are told by corp headquarters, that because it is a franchise, the run things the way they want to. Even if they are out of line. But they CAN get in trouble if they cross the line. They can have their franchise license revoked... Beware!!

Kl

Comments

• Ki
      15th of Feb, 2011
    Aarons Rentacenter - Rude service
    Aarons Rentacenter

They charged me 3 times in one month by check. They try to take advantage and try to bully people untill I sent my great boy friend in their.. the guy actually called my job and said he wascoming to my job I said foe. What u have 3 payments illegally and I have proof long sttory short I proved them wrong he got theahir scared out ofhim and.he was acting like hewas coming to my job to beat me up instead of them aploging forbeing wrong he got a attitude the next time he called knowing I still had one more month left.they r rude and I will never shop their again

• Wo
      19th of Mar, 2011

I worked for an Aarons Franchise for almost 3 years. I was a Customer Accounts Manager. Our policy was to work with our customers to obtain ownership of their merchandise. As long as I had contact with you I would work with you on a late payment. We would come visit your house if we had no contact with you. I always made my monthly numbers by being nice to people. Than one day our franchise was taken over by the corporate offices and all hell broke loose. They told me I had to do home visits after one day late and basically be rude to customers I have worked with for years. The new managers expected me to treat customers like they were stupid and it was my job to educate them..."Pay us before you feed your kids" thats how they operate. I lasted 3 weeks before I told them to kiss my *** and walked out. Once I left most of the customers I worked with either paid off their merchandise or returned it and told them to kiss *** and have not gone back. Aarons Corp does not care because they feel there is always another sucker around the corner. What they dont realize is that people pay when you are nice. They are not really doing you any favors by letting you pay on monthly payments. When you have finished paying on a 24 month "affordable" payments you have paid double what the actual cash price was...so as their motto goes DO THE MATH and you will see how they cheat you...

19th of Mar, 2011

Alright walmart pays more than any other retail store period. You do get paid for overtime worked. As for the treatment of employees it varies based on the mamagement team they have. To sit here and say all this crap is hogwash. Ive worked for target meijer kmart and kroger. Walmart has benn the best place to move up and make more money. Just because theyre not unionized is the only reason you all are [censor]ing. Guess what unions dont do a damn thing for retail employees. Never once did my union rep stand up for me at meijer but he made sure the union got their money. So [censor] all of you unionizers. Im glad that theyre not union. They get stuff cheaper tuan other stores hence the cheaper prices. That is all [censor]es

• Ki
      5th of May, 2011

I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH 1-888-333-3785 A NUMBER SET UP TO TELL YOU IF YOUR DELL COMPUTER HAS THIS SECRETIVE SPYING DEVICE LOADED ON IT. I WAS GUARENTEED THAT MY DELL DID NO HAVE THIS DEVICE. WHEN I ASKED ABOUT GETTING A "NEW" COMPUTER (AS I THOUGHT THIS ONE WAS) ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT IT HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY RENTED. I WAS SWITCHED OVER TO THE AARON'S STORE HERE IN CARTERSVILLE, GEORGIA WITH ONE PERSON TELLING ME THAT THEY HAD ERASED THE MEMORY BEFORE I GOT THIS COMPUTER...IF THEY HAD WHY IS IT TELLING ME THERE STILL VIRUSES ON IT? WHY DID I HAVE TO TAKE IT BACK AGAIN? NOW THEY TELL ME THAT THEY CAN GET ME ANOTHER COMPUTER BUT NOT WITH THE SAME SPECS. AND IT WOULD BE CHEAPER! THEN THE MANAGER CALLS ME BACK AND TELLS ME THAT THE ONLY WAY THAT I CAN GET A "NEW IN THE BOX" COMPUTER IS TO VOID OUT THIS CONTRACT AND START ALL OVER AGAIN!!! NOT!! WHY SHOULD I LOSE THE MONEY I HAVE ALREADY PAID TO PURCHASE THIS ONE? WHY CAN'T MY PAYMENTS GO TOWARD THE "NEW" COMPUTER? YOU CAN BEST BET THAT I WILL NEVER EVER DEAL WITH AARONS AGAIN! HOW DO I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THIS IS NOT ONE OF THE COMPUTERS WITH THAT SECRETIVE SPYWARE ON IT? JUST BECAUSE THEY SAY SO? THEY HAVE LIED BEFORE WHAT MAKES ME BELIEVE THEM NOW? I DON'T!!! CAN ANYONE HELP ME???

• Di
      26th of May, 2011
    Aarons Sales And Lease - Rude Manager
    Aarons Sales and Lease
    Pearland
    Texas

I have been a valued customer of Aarons for years. I have purchase many high end items over the years, and have always been pleased with the service I received for my local Pearland location. Currently I am purchasing a washer and dryer and had requested that my payment due date be moved to the 20th of each month. The original manager agreed to the arrangement and noted my account. The new manager Lisa Perez refuses to honor my due date change and insists (agressively) that the late fees that I refuse to pay will be added to the end of my note. I have filed a formal complaint with the corporate offices. I will not be a return customer at this location in the future. Future customers beware...

• Mo
      2nd of Jun, 2011
    Aarons Furniture Rentals - Harrasement
    Aarons Furniture Rentals

I am renting 3 beds with frames only from Aaron's in Marietta, Ga. I have this place for 2 years, and despite my effort to inform the manager of late payments i still receive harrassing phone calls.I notified the store that I will be late with payment, and yesterday at 10 am Ireceived a call from the store demanding money.The general manager Steve had taken down the information and still demanding that I pay even though I a scheduled time that the manager Mick had agreed too. Aaron's has been very uncooperative and deameaning. Aaron's is a rip off 2, 000 paid and these clowns posing as professional business men still took my beds.Stay away from aaron's not a good place to rent from.

• Co
      8th of Jun, 2011
    Aarons Rents - Consumer fraud
    Aarons Rents

I bought a computer i3 dell the guy sold it to me as a tricore and i called dell 6 months later because arrons would not honor the repair agreement they informed me it was only a duel core this is consumer fraud and should be delt with as such. I want the phone # for head office so I can call and get this problem delt with. I think that if the people who work at arrons don't know anything about computers then they should not be selling them. If my problem does not get solved I for one will end the agreement due to a false sign up and thier breach of contract and request a full refun or no more payment and i keep the computer. I may be the little guy but I can get the job done.

7th of Dec, 2011
    Aarons Rents - Consumer fraud
    Aarons Rents

Look, if you rent furniture you should know what the contract says and what you are responsible for. They cannot just change the terms.

• Mo
      7th of Dec, 2011

that should just be common sense

• La
      5th of Apr, 2012

Look this issue is about respect.. I too been renting from Arrons for years..As a landlord I purchased items for my rental units and write off these cost on my taxes..

Yet about 2 years ago Arrons fired all the good people working there..Now I get harassing phone calls the day items are due, not even end of day but all day even when paid on line that day!!! Up to ten calls a day on the actual due date not at the end of the day or even a grace period...

I warned the manger to stop these calls or I will go else where.. The people they hire seem to be losers who feel empowered even threatening you demanding you when you coming it to pay... As if you owe then thousands and 30 days have passed...In the last 4 months I had problem paying on the due dates as my tenants are having it hard and paying rent late but with in ten day grace period, , , as for myself I working part time and finishing my schooling for a better job...It doesnt matter if you call them, talk to them the calls will not stop.. Then they have the nerve to come to my property to REMIND ME PAYMENT IS DUE...Look guys just make your payments and dont let these losers get you down.. If you have to use Arrons only use them for the 120 day plan if not just send it back..MAKE SURE THEY DONT PUT IN THE 6 MONTH RENTAL MIN in the contract so you cant bring it back.. They are so greedy they will take it out of contract, , , , I rented and purchased thousands of dollars with 120 day plan and in last 10 years allways had an active contract yet no respect as the last two years with the calls and harassment... if you cant pay in 120 day just use rental center.. Clearly the losers they hire dont care if you having it hard or if you purchased thousands from them...They have lost me as a customer period !!! I will finish last 2 payment when receiver my rents this month a pay off freg NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.. I think they will be out of business soon enough.. You cant treat people like dogs when your making 200% interest..Arrons was great in the past even lowing pay off the get new items !! even allowed skip a month if you long time client, , Now with these losers that think they are IRS agent with their broken English, , , best just to give stuff back or pay off items and never use them again...I believe the real issue is about how they pay the employees. In the past the sale agents were paid a commision per customer so hence you get same agent and they respected your long term business, , , , They fired them all and hired losers border line criminals and put some Arrons agent clothing on to harrase you and pay them low wages...I could personally never call some one 10 times on a due date when my rents were due..Right? Even if you call them it doesnt stop...Like I said give it back go to rental center or just hang in there until your paid off...I dont have the time to do law case against them but they are upsetting me where I am tempted to keep the HARRASING CALLS ON VM UP TO 20 A DAY AND legallyCHALLENGE THEM.. EVEN THIS VISITING YOUR PROPERTY I WOULD JUST CALL THE POLICE REMIND THEM THEY ARE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY EVEN START SOME THING IF YOU CAN TO GET A RESTRAINING ORDER...THEY ARE SET THEMSELVES UP FOR IT SO HARRASSE THEM BACK WITH YOUR RIGHTS !!! I MIGHT JUST DO IT !!! FOR NOW JUST GOING TO PAY THEM OFF THEN TO HAVE THEM COME TO MY PROPERTY AND WORRY MY TENANTS AND HAVE TO DEAL WITH SOME LOW LIFE SALES PERSON LOOKING FOR A CONFRONTATION AND DEAL WITH MANAGERS WHO HAVE NO CLASS OR ANY CLUE OF THE LAW, , LEGALLY THEY CANT CALL YOU MORE THAN 3 TIMES IN A DAY !!! MORE IMPORTANT SHOULD BE REPEAT BUSSINES FOR THEM TREATING CLIENTS LIKE DOG^$&^*&( NO COMPANY WILL SURVIVE WITH THAT KIND OF MODEL!!! USE YOUR RIGHTS RECORD, DOCUMENT HOW MANY TIMES THEY CALL YOU...CALL THE POLICE IF ON YOUR PROPERTY IF THEY TRY TO STOP YOU FROM CLOSING YOUR DOOR CALL THE POLICE !!! THEY DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PREVENT YOU FROM CLOSING YOUR DOOR AND ENDING THE HARRASSEMENT VISIT.. IF THEY TRY TO OR PUSH YOUR DOOR OPEN HAVE THEM ARRESTED AND USE YOUR DOCUMENTATION, VOICE MAILS WHEN YOU GO TO COURT TO PLACE RESTRAINING ORDER AND FOLLOW UP IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT AFTER YOU WIN YOUR CRIMINAL COURT CASE AND REMIND YOURSELF YOU LIVE IN THE USA AND HAVE DAM RIGHTS...THE MANAGER OF THAT STORE SHOUD YOU BE HURT DURING ONE OF YOUR " REMINDER "VISITS FOR TRYING TO CLOSE YOUR DOOR WILL LEARN THE HARD WAY THAT BEING BROKE DOESNT GIVE ANY RETAILOR THE RIGHT TO NOT FOLLOW THE LAWS...GOD BLESS AND GOD LUCK WITH FUTURE LEGAL CASES AND HOPE YOU ALL GET PAID IN FULL !!! EASY TO DO IF YOU DONT LET THEM MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE DIRT AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE HARRASEMMENT CALLS AND PUSH A COUPLE BOTTONS TO PUSH THEM TO OVER THE LEGAL LINE.. THEY ARE PUSHING YOU EMOTIONALLY!!!... WHY NOT? THEY DESERVE IT RIGHT? MAYBE THEN AFTER THEY HAVE TO PAY YOU, YOUR LAWYER AND GIVE YOUR STUFF FREE THEY LEARN AND THIS WILL HELP EVER ONE !!!...It not a crime to be late !! No judge going to understand their harrasing tactics when they are making over 100% interest and you paid for years on time... Trust me guys Arrons legally putting themselves in a bad position legally and theese workers are ignorant and cocky and will not need much to cross your right inside your home...Document, document and push just enough and push ALL THE LAW ON THEM FROM POLICE BEING CALLED TO RESTAININIG ORDER AND THEN FOLLOW UP FOR THE KILL... DONT SETTLE FOR FREE TV JUST GET YOURSELF A GOOD LAWYER WHO WILL DEMISTRATE THESE PRACTICE AND IF YOU GET SMALL INJURY DONT BE AFRAID TO MAN UP TO THESE ASSH...L

• La
      5th of Apr, 2012

For some of you out there... ThaT have settled legal issues with these jerks...

PLEASE LET OTHER KNOW HOW OU DID IT...WE ALL HAVE RIGHTS... FOOLS PLAY GAMES THINKING IF YOU FEEL LIKE ### BECAUSE YOUR PAYMENT LATE YOU BE TO SCARED TO FIGHT BACK LEGALLY FOR FEER OR LOSING YOUR BELONGINGS...

FIGHT BACK GUYS, , , LOOK UP THE LAWS AND DOCUMENT, , , , THESE FOOLS SO ###ED THEY WILL VOILATE EVERY LAW RIGHT DOWN TO BREAKING INTO YOUR HOUSE OR NOT ALLOW YOU TO CLOSE YOUR DOOR .. TECHNICALLY DETAINING YOU IN YOUR OWN HOME !!!SORRY ABOUT SPELLING GUYS IN RUSH BUT KNOW IF THESE ARE THE THINGS YOUR DEALING WITH YOU GOT YOURSELF A GOOD CASE, , , , DOCUMENT...KEY PART IS THE THE DETAIING IN YOUR DOOR WAY... GET SMALL CAMCORDER HIDDEN...CALL POLICE AND KEEP USE UPDATED...GOOD LUCK

•   4th of May, 2012
    Aarons Furniture Is Garbage - everything about this place
    Edison
    New Jersey

This place is garbage and so are the people. I don't know how this place is still in business. The employees are liars and they treat customers like ###. They have no idea how to manage a store. The service sucks. They sell people junk..they try to sell you the used floor models and when you ask to purchase a new item that is still in the box they ask you what could possibly be wrong with the floor models that we need something that has never been used before. Instead of pleasing the customers like a normal and professional company they tell you to get the [censored] out of the store and then the employees leave the store and try to fight us and make threats to come back at 9 when the store closes to fight...get the [censored] out of here..this place is a dump dont waste your time what a disgrace they way they treat people.

• Lu
      10th of May, 2012

I am sorry to hear about your experience with your local Aaron's store. Please email [protected]@aarons.com to discuss further. Thank You, Jessica.

• Rt
      1st of Jun, 2012

aarons only has 2 due dates 1st and 15th ask for 1st and pay on 20th and you will always be early.

• Ax
      5th of Jun, 2012

Totally agree...I called to get my payoff amount because I'm tired of dealing with their crooked a$$es and the not so intelligent Danie who is 'allegedly' a store manager tells me that because my bill is late she can't give that info until I make a payment. First off my bill is due on the 1st it's only the 4th. My mortgage company gives at least a 10 day grace period. I digress...this is not the first time I've filed a complaint against this store!!! I guess it's safe to say that you do not need a GED to work in this place.

25th of Oct, 2012
    Aarons Sale And Lease - Trying to make me pay for something not in my name
    Aaron's sales and lease
    Calhoun
    Georgia

This guy that lived with us went to aarons and got some furniture and he moved out and left it I sent it back a week later they call me saying it was messed up and could not resell it told me I had to pay for it but its not on my name and was in good condition when it left my house. Then they came out and dropped it in my yard and keep calling me saying I have to pay for it what can I do or do I have to pay? They keep threading me but it was not my stuff

• Re
      23rd of Nov, 2012

If you didnt sign the agreement then its not your problem. I would sue them for disposal fees for illegally dumping it on your property.

• Tr
      26th of Jan, 2013

I brought a maytag. Fridge. And freezer . Brought in september . In January had to put a new thermostat in it. I call a repair man to fixed it . But illnever agian by any thing from. Aaron's rental agian. The guy from Aaron was rude and said I had to wait for there repair person to fix it. That could' be whole month. They should sell junk items.

• Co
      11th of Feb, 2013

I understand alot of the issues I agree with mike . you have to understand they DO NOT do credit checks so needless to say anybody can lease. So more often then not items are either pawned ruined stolen traded you name it. they charge more because they are taking a bigger risk than anyone else. But they still report positive to your credit report once paid of even if you had tons of late payments and extensions. I work as an accounts manager and no Im not dumb as someone stated. I am a graduate a veteran and a people person. But what people dont realize since all of the above mentioned incidents happen they have to be strict because people are rude and dont always follow through...brutal but the truth. All the customers need to do is make contact and explain. Personally I help people as much as possible and save field visits for people who dont make contact at all. I get cussed out everyday for simply calling im never disrespectful even when being disrespected. So the poor service or people skills work both ways. The truth of the matter is if you cant pay your bills dont take on a lease.

• Pi
      21st of Feb, 2013

I rented a furniture set thinking I was going to pay it off in a week... well the couch already has a rip in it somehow.. the coffee table they brought me was all chipped up on the side... so I called them on Monday asking for them to come pick it up.. they hung up on me. So I called back.. theu were very rude and told me they would be at my house to pick it up Tuesday. That didnt happen... so I went to the store and asked them to please come take it.. mind you ive paid a months payment and only had it a week.. so they said they would be out between 5 and 7 I said ok. Well at 5:30 the driver called me saying they were broke down and couldn't make it... I said ok thats fine... just to find out twhen they got back to the store they told their boss that I called and had a family emergency and canceled... im so pissed... now I have to waste another day waiting on these people...