AAPT AUSTRALIA / BAD SERVICE AND RECONECTION CHARGE

1 Tully, Queensland, Australia Review updated:
Phone: 0740665686

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT THIS COMPANY, HAVE GIVE ME A BAD SERVICE FOR ABOUT THE PAST 12 MONTHS.
INTERNET VERY SLOW, CUT OFF MY SERVICE.
CHARGING ME RECONECTION FEE BECAUSE THEY CAN NOT KEEP THE RECORDS A DAY, I WAS NOT ABLE TO GET MY BILL ON TIME BECAUSE THEIR SERVICE DID NOT ACCEPT MY PASSWORD, SO I WAS GETTING IT LATE.
SO, I CALL THEM AND SEND EMAILS TELLING THEM I REFUSE TO PAID THE RECONECCION FEE AND THEY ACCEPTED IN THE PHONE FOR ME TO PAY ONLY THE NORMAL BILL TAKING OUT THE FEE AMOUNT OF RECONECCTION AND FEW DAYS LATER I GOT A LETTER FROM A DAN RECOLLECTOR SERVICES CHARGING ME DOBLE SO I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I CAN DO BECAUSE I BELIEVE THIS IS NOT FEAR, THIS ABUSE HAVE TO BE STOPPED.

Je

Comments

• Jt
      21st of Jul, 2009

I had a very similar problem with AAPT in relation to a telephone bill . I'm terribly disappointed with the service.

AAPT without notice stopped charging my direct debit, and then cut off my phone for non-payment. I rang to reconnect and was told no reconnection fee would be charged... and then it appeared on the bill. I've tried to resolve the issue with them, but I couldn't even get through on the phone as the main number when I rang was abruptly disconnected after I went through the menus. AAPT responded to an email I sent through their website, but the person who answered nevr gave a name. But their response, and that of the AAPT complaints department is to refuse to waive the fee.

I think its opportunistic and wrong and so I've referred the matter to the TIO.

Don't choose AAPT people!

Poor service doesn't just happen to bad customers: I've always paid my bill on time for over 1.5 years and paid the bill that was "overdue" because of them cutting off my direct debit within 24 hours of realising there was a problem and AAPT are STILL refusing to waive the fee.

• Ti
      6th of Jan, 2010

i too have had nothing but problems wouldn't reccommend them to my worse enemy they are rude nothing ever gets fixed without you busting a boiler trying people stay away from them try more proffessinal service provider remember this is a new zealand telecom company and they dont give a rats ### about there australian customers

28th of Dec, 2010

Hi, I know how you feel. I rang AAPT just to down grade my plan as I only had 2 people living in the house now. What a complete mess that became. First I was told that I couldn't as my plan didn't finish for another 5 months even though I signed up for that plan on 26/10/2008 and it was now 15/10/2010. Then I was put on and off hold over a 40 minute period. In the end I told them not to bother as I will just go to a new carrier. A few days later, I received a call from AAPT to tell me that I was correct in which I replied I had taken my business elsewhere and to send me my final bill. About 3 weeks later I finally received my bill and on it was a early termination fees of $155. I tried several times to phone them but as I was not a customer anymore, I sat on hold up to 45minutes without answer. I hung up. Then I sent a email disputing those charges and explained again the dates and the fact that I had contacted them several times and had been told that these dates were correct. Then it really became juicy!!! I started receiving debt collector letters from Dunn & Bradstreet collections, then phone calls on my mobile. I explained to them that my bill was incorrect and to please stop till rectified. Guess what, they didn't. Finally got a reply from AAPT and they stated that they were wrong and would fix. In the mean time, my internet was finally diconnected from AAPT which took a total of 37 days for the line codes to be removed via AAPT and hooked up to telstra. Then I received more demanding for the revised amount but this time it had early termination fees for the internet from Dunn & Bradstreet. More and more calls were made to me from this collection agency even though again I explain that the bill was incorrect. They continued to harrass me over the next few weeks with letters and calls. I phoned AAPT AGAIN to tell them that they had got it wrong again and that I was being harrassed by their collection company for a bill that I told AAPT would be paid when and only when it was correct. This has been going on for 7 weeks now and I beleive they have listed a default on my credit history. I have just received my 3rd different amount on a collection letter and was even receiving collection calls on xmas eve all for $214. I really wish I had the money to sue their behinds off. Real bullies. gmc.45069@bigpond.com