Aamco Transmissions / awful company
I took my car to Aamco for a transmission repair. I signed an agreement for $995 to have them remove, inspect the problem, and re-install the transmission (Minus parts required to correct the problem). When Steve the General Manager called me with the results, he wanted $4000 to correct a first gear synchronization problem. There was no relief for the list of parts that he stated needed to be replaced to correct the problem. I paid to have the transmission put back in the car with no repairs. Aamco is in the transmission business, this was not the first transmission they have seen with a similar problem. Had they told me up front they were going to charge me three times the market value for the replacement parts, I would not have let them touch my car.
More Aamco Transmissions Complaints & Reviews
- Aamco Transmissions - rip off 
- Aamco - didn't offer services they claimed to offer
- Aamco - $4,000 job gone wrong
- Aamco - I was scammed at aamco! 
- Aamco - the truth about free engine check light on 
- Aamco Transmissions - transmission
- Aamco Transmissions - installation of a transmission
- Aamco Transmissions - negligent, poor and very dangerous transmission installation.
- Aamco Transmissions - cv axel / barring
- Aamco Transmissions - we had problems with our gmc 2500 van. and we had a bait and switch scenario.