Aamco / ripoff
I dropped my car off on November 28th. They said they would call me with what was wrong. On Dec 5th they called and the torque converter needed replaced. I asked if they were going to replace it with a new one they said yes. I asked them to fix the e-brake. They replaced the caliper in the rear.
I was charged $437.03 on 12/10/08 and picked up the car. I found out they installed a rebuilt torque converter. One week later the ebrake was not working. I stopped there and they dislodged the stuck ebrake. They said to call back after the New Year because they were swamped. I called twice in January they said to call back because they were swamped. I also told them my transmission was having issues again. I called on 2/4/09 they said to come in the next day. I went there, and they said they didn’t have anything until a week later.
From the day AFTER I dropped my car off the 2 guys I spoke to every time were extremely rude, short and mean. They would tell me different things every time I called. It felt like I was being treated that way due to the 2 men being racist. The day I picked up the car, 12/10, I asked what time do you close, he said 3:15pm. When I got there I asked why did you tell me you close at 3:15? He said you must have spoken to someone else. I don’t know why he said that.
My car still has ebrake issues, $529.26 repair at the dealership and there is transmission fluid leaking in the rear $243.56 repair at the dealer.
I have called Aamco customer care 2 times now and left messages.
I have called the warrant company to tell them what they did, I am waiting to hear back.
I am looking to be reimbursed for my cost at Aamco, because of the cost I incurred at the dealership.
More Aamco Complaints & Reviews
- Aamco Transmissions - rip off 
- Aamco - didn't offer services they claimed to offer
- Aamco - I was scammed at aamco! 
- Aamco - $4,000 job gone wrong
- Aamco - the truth about free engine check light on 
- Aamco Transmissions - 2012 buick enclave replaced transmission
- Aamco Transmissions - timeliness of service, don't depend on what is told to you.
- Aamco Transmissions - transmission
- Aamco Transmissions - installation of a transmission
- Aamco Transmissions - negligent, poor and very dangerous transmission installation.