Aamco / ripoff

1 3936 Monroeville Blvd, Monroeville, PA 15146Monroeville, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (412) 856-9500

I dropped my car off on November 28th. They said they would call me with what was wrong. On Dec 5th they called and the torque converter needed replaced. I asked if they were going to replace it with a new one they said yes. I asked them to fix the e-brake. They replaced the caliper in the rear.

I was charged $437.03 on 12/10/08 and picked up the car. I found out they installed a rebuilt torque converter. One week later the ebrake was not working. I stopped there and they dislodged the stuck ebrake. They said to call back after the New Year because they were swamped. I called twice in January they said to call back because they were swamped. I also told them my transmission was having issues again. I called on 2/4/09 they said to come in the next day. I went there, and they said they didn’t have anything until a week later.

From the day AFTER I dropped my car off the 2 guys I spoke to every time were extremely rude, short and mean. They would tell me different things every time I called. It felt like I was being treated that way due to the 2 men being racist. The day I picked up the car, 12/10, I asked what time do you close, he said 3:15pm. When I got there I asked why did you tell me you close at 3:15? He said you must have spoken to someone else. I don’t know why he said that.

My car still has ebrake issues, $529.26 repair at the dealership and there is transmission fluid leaking in the rear $243.56 repair at the dealer.

I have called Aamco customer care 2 times now and left messages.

I have called the warrant company to tell them what they did, I am waiting to hear back.

I am looking to be reimbursed for my cost at Aamco, because of the cost I incurred at the dealership.

Sr

Comments

• Co
      18th of Feb, 2009

Oh yes, it MUST be because they're RACIST.
    We white people are always looking for new ways to hold you down. On the great white email list, we came up with the brilliant idea of using AAMCO to do it!
    Success!
    :rolling eyes:

21st of Dec, 2009

Never take your car to this aamco. i had just replaced my evap control valve solenoid at a diiferent auto shops. after the light came back on two times, i decided i wanted a second opinion so i dicided to take it to aamca by me. they confirmed that the engine was tight to the same problem i had just replaced which was a lie. they charged me double of what it first cost me to replace. i felt like i no other choice because i wanted this problem to go away so i asked them go ahead with the repair. i even down down and paid the full amt in full the day after. i came to find out that they did not even know what they were doing. there was no parts; none professional; however, went i went to get my car back, i was charged for labor that was never done and we had to even get the cops involved in order for me to get back my car. this was one horrifying story i wouldn't want anyone else experiencing.