Aamcototal scam dont ever go to aamco

Hi my name is D, I am having a problem with an AAMCO auto repair shop, located in queens, ny. I own a 1999 ford expedition, which had a check engine light on in the dash and also my A/C system was blowing warm air. I visited the aamco on june 24th, I spoke a man who claim to be the station manager/owner named "marty " he asked me what was the problem with my truck and i explained to him that my check engine light on in the dash and also my A/C system was blowing warm air. He told me that he could check the car, but that it would take about two hrs, and would have to leave him the truck. i arrived at his location at about 9:10am. I returned to the location and my car was still in the same parking space that i had left it. He didnt have anyone look at my car until about 1:15 pm. thats when i was told that they were not sure what was wrong with the car and that i can leave them the car and they would call me when the figure out what was wrong. I did not hear back from the shop for 3days, and they told me that they found something wrong with an engine valve"evr" which cost them 40 bucks as stated in reciept and that my A/C condenser had a leak. marty stated that since it was saturday there wasnt much that can be done. Marty stated that if i wanted to i can pick up my truck and use it for the remander of the weekend. when i returned monday at 8am which is when the shop opened, marty told me that since i ownn an extended warranty thru us fidelis, he would contact them and see if my repairs would be covered. Marty did not call me the entire day with any information. I called Marty about 8 times and he claimed that he was left onhold for 20 min and that he did not have time to waste, so he claimed that he left us fidedis a message for someone to call him back. I called the warranty company back myself and was able to reach them right away. I asked the person to please call the repair shop, so that marty would give them the results and we can move foward with m y possible claim.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Elmhurst, NYthe company called the shop and told marty that they would cover 500 towards the A/C unit and not the valve. marty still did not let me know what was said until I called him for the 10th time that day. marty told me what the company would cover and that i would cover the rest. I asked him how long would it take because i really need my car and that i would have to get a rental, he said dont worried that by tuesday morning the work would be completed and my a/c would be working. the work was not completed until july the 3rd. when i went to pick up the car the a/c blew cold for about 2min and the check enegine light was no longer on in the dash, i went into the office and made the payment. when I got back in the car the a/c had stopped working and started blowing warm air once again.also my car started
shaking and even shutoff 2x on its own. i told marty who inturn said hey u can leave the car here for us again and pick it up on monday. i explained to him that i am still paying for a rental and that intotal they have had my truck for almost 2 weeks. he told me that my truck must have something else wrong but that he did what i paid for which was just change the condenser and that anything else was on me. i told him that doesnt make sense and he said that he has nothing else he can do for me. That my truck must have what he called an-underlined problem which they cant figure out yet. I told him to just refund my money which he sad "no way will i ever give u a refund as i said my work is done. I told him to look at this situation as a human being and not like a business man which he inturn replyed to by saying I am and since u think that I am looking at this like a bsiness man then u owe me 89.99 an hour for each hour that my worker has been looking at your truck since this morning. So now im out 351 from a rental 902.00 for the repair and my car still has no a/c. and now my check engine light is back on in the dash I can not afford to be ripped off by some con man. Stay away this place is a scam and the manager/owner is very rude. I really want to know can I sue them, and how do I go about it? anyone else with this drama please let me know.

Dp

Comments

• Ta
      Sep 14, 2009

I just had an experience where I left my car for about 7 hours at an AAMCO in Decatur, GA and the "manager" never looked at the car even though he promised to have a diagnosis by 3pm. His statement was to the effect of don't drive your car hard and bring it back tomorrow. Sad company!

Oct 30, 2009

go to aamcolawsuit.wordpress.com your welcome!