Aamcodisrespectufl, untruthful, belligerant

I wasn't only duped, I was accosted and assaulted. This was probably the worst experience I've had in recent memory. Honestly, I still can't believe what happened. 2 years ago I had the transmission in my F150 rebuilt at this shop. At the time, I was debating whether to do the work or just trade it in. The salesman who is also the manager, Vince, convinced me to do the work and promised that I would not have any problems after the work was done and a great warranty if I did. He claimed that he had 3 F150's and he knew exactly how to fix it. Under 2 years and only 9000 miles later my truck started throwing transmission malfunction errors.

I made an appointment and brought my Truck in for service. A few days had passed and the shop hadn't called, so I called them to check in. They explained that they found the problem, that a valve needed to be replaced. They explained that if they couldn't find the valve, the would replace the valve body. 9 days later I got a call that they were ready to do the repair, but that I would have to pay for the electronic components that needed to be replaced. I stated that I was disappointed. This goes completely against what I was told when I had the initial work done. I was offered a free oil change for my trouble. When I declined the $15 oil change, Vince said that he would see what he could do. When I arrived to pick up the truck, I was simply given the bill for the $288.85 with no mention of anything else. I paid it and left.

When I got to my truck and opened the door, not only was the truck filthy on the outside, but my light tan leather drivers seat was smeared and covered in oil.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Los Angeles, CA The inside of the door panel was dirty from dirty hands and the paper on the floor mat, covered in mud was not even removed. I returned to the office and told Vince of what I found. Instead of coming out to see it himself, he sent a worker to clean it. The worker wiped it for a few seconds and told me it was clean. I explained that it wasn't at which time he exclaimed "you're full of ###" and repeated it several times. I returned to the office, quite angry and stated that the employee had just told me that I was "full of ###." Vince lured me outside and immediately got in my face. I asked him if he wished to fight me and he accused me of "disrupting his business." I repeated again what the worker had said to me. At this point, Vince turned to my vehicle and looked inside. With the worker still arguing that it was clean, I tried to say something. Vince cut me off and stated "I have 3 F150's, I know the truck very well." Not sure what that meant. I asked him if they used seat covers when they worked on the truck. He stated "we have them". I asked him if they used them, he admitted they don't. After inspecting the seat, he turned to me and asked me what I wanted to happen. I simply stated that I wanted my seat cleaned. He went inside. HIs worker returned with some cleaner and after a few minutes it was clean. As I got into my truck to leave, the worker who had the passenger side door open tried to continue to argue with me. I just told him to get out. After repeating myself a few times as he continued to argue, he closed the door and I left.

I'm taking the time to write this review because what happened at this shop, to me goes so far beyond the simple fact that they lied to me when I had the work done initially. They're irresponsible and disrespectful. I do not recommend this shop. I don't trust them and I didn't need the aggravation.

In
Dec 30, 2014

Comments

• Le
      Mar 30, 2009
    AAMCO - $2950 failed after 11,000 miles... no warranty
    California

After only 11, 000 miles this $2950. AAMCO transmission rebuild failed. Aamco charged another $2750. to fix it which took 7 weeks... lots of drama & stole the cars battery in the process. The trans was rebuilt by Transmission Rebuild Center (San Jose) who refused to warranty it to Aamco.

• He
      Apr 21, 2010
    AAMCO - Lame excuses for the poor service
    aamco.com

Rubens AAMCO, Moca, Puerto Rico has had my car 41 days as of Oct 11, 2009. The manager keeps coming up with lame excuses for the poor service, that is, when he bothers to return my calls, which is not often.

• Oz
      May 13, 2010
    AAMCO - car repair fraud
    209 New Brunswick ave
    Perth Amboy
    New Jersey
    Phone: [protected]

This aamco took my transmission apart without authorization, then tried to charge me $750 for itthen wanted another $750 to put i back together. When they were supposed to just computer check it and road test it.

Dec 04, 2011
    AAMCO - Failed Rebuild
    HWY 20
    Cumming
    Georgia

Spent over $2500.00 for a transmission rebuild. Transmission failed less than 2500 miles later. Original Franchisee went out of business and AAMCO will not respond to my e-mail.

• Ge
      Jan 24, 2012
    AAMCO - Lied to us
    AAMCO Transmissions
    2767N. Dixis Highway
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Phone: [protected]

Doug told me that the worst scenario was $1200. He tore it down and then told me the charge would be $2300. This is absurd. Don't ever use. We have someone else that is going to do it for $750 if we can get it from these people. They sound so good on the phone but are only crooks.

• Fa
      Mar 06, 2012
    AAMCO - This place is a total rip off and scam
    AAMCO

Left Dodge Neon for repair estimate. He guessed about $2000. Told them I can not pay with their financing. They fixed the car anyway. Now $4600 and turned me down for financing. Plus now they want to charge me storage fees! This place is a total rip off scam.

AAMCO - bad bizz
    Phone: [protected]

owner gary otto no good lying man not to be trusted in any way stay clear bad bizz lying man his day will come gods watching gary are u people stay away cortez aamco there no good

•   Jun 06, 2012
    AAMCO - not to be trusted
    Florida

not a man of his word or any thing . bad bizz not to b trusted tell the people the truth gary otto gary otto owner & lying man god will get u you looser do not trust aamco on cortez rd or gary otto the lying man

•   Jun 06, 2012

gary otto americas bigest looser owner of a bad bizz & liar not to be trusted

AAMCO - gary otto
    Florida

gary otto liying man cant fix nothing cant be trusted cant even fix his wife bad bizzness man stay clear of cotez aamco he will loose because he is a looser lying no goodman out to hurt the real workingman right gary

reep it gary otto

• Ke
      Jul 20, 2012
    AAMCO - broken fishing pole
    300 w
    Salt Lake City
    Utah
    Phone: [protected]

AAMCO broke my fishing pole and the owner refuses to replace it.. he is a ###. DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. between my wife and i, we have spent close to 8000 dollars there and our cars still run like crap. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE.

• Mm
      Sep 17, 2012

• Tuesday April 3rd 2012 – The A/C in my Hyundai Santa Fe is out. I took it to AAMCO of Bradenton (at the time owned by Gary Otto) for diagnosis and repair. After leaving the car there for several hours I was told that they tested the system for hours and found nothing wrong with it. They charged the system with Coolant and performed a transmission fluid service that I requested. I picked up my car on April 3rd and paid in full $350.91. The system stayed charged for about 2 weeks when I realized that it was not getting very cold?.

• Thursday April 26th 2012 – I returned to AAMCO of Bradenton (at the time owned by Gary Otto) with My Hyundai Santa Fe to have it tested and repaired?. They said now they see the problem and that it is the condenser and that they will fix it for under $500 and I would have “Ice Cold A/C” it would take a day for the parts to come in|. On Friday 4/27/2012 they called me telling me that now that the condenser is fixed they can tell that the A/C Compressor is leaking and that it is not going to work unless I replace it.. They said that if I paid them about $1225 I would have “Ice Cold A/C” and a 1 year guarantee;. I picked up my car on May 1st 2012 I paid in full $1231/.48 The system stayed charged for about 2 weeks before I noticed that the A/C was not getting very cold again, .

• Thursday June 7th 2012 – I called AAMCO of Bradenton (at the time owned by Gary Otto) and told them that my A/C was no longer cold and wanted them to look at it, . They informed me “over the phone and without looking at the car” that I was advised to replace the compressor at my previous service and that because I hadn’t that this was probably the problem. I reminded them that they had replaced the compressor and that I have my receipt and that they had promised me a 1 year warranty and “Ice Cold A/C”. They asked me for the compressor number from my receipt because they didn’t’ have it. They said they couldn’t get me in until Monday June 11th 2012.

• Monday June 11th 2012 – I took my Hyundai Santa Fe to AAMCO of Bradenton (at the time owned by Gary Otto) because my newly repaired “Ice Cold A/C” was neither repaired or “Ice Cold”. After a couple of hours of diagnosis they called me to tell me that the problem was not the compressor but rather the high pressure hose. They told me that it would now be $500 to fix this. At this point I told him that I had already paid over $1400 to them to repair my A/C System and that they had promised me “Ice Cold A/C”. I told them that if I had wanted to replace every part of my A/C system I could have done it myself and I took it to them so I didn’t have to guess what the problem was. I suggested that he make this repair which seemed to me like the original problem since every 2 weeks after their repairs my car lost A/C. He said he couldn’t do that but could only charge me for 1 hour of labor instead of 2 “half price”. I told him I would be taking my car somewhere else for a second opinion.

• Tuesday June 12th 2012 – I took my Hyundai Santa Fe to Sparks Computerized Car Care and explained my situation. The people at Sparks took a look at my car and told me that where the high pressure hose is leaking could make it look like the compressor is leaking. They told me that the hose does need to be replaced and that this was most likely the original problem. I had them replace the hose and note on the invoice what they had said about the hose and the compressor. They repaired the hose and the A/C System has been working correctly for Months.

• Tuesday June 12th 2012 – After speaking with the people at Sparks I called AAMCO Corporate and filed a complaint. The representative listened to my story and told me he would be calling AAMCO of Bradenton (at the time owned by Gary Otto) to hear their side. He said that he would get back to me. He has never gotten back to me.

I have replaced my own A/C condenser in previous cars this takes hours but saves a lot of money. I didn’t know what component was broken in my Hyundai Santa Fe so I took it who I thought was a professional “AAMCO of Bradenton (at the time owned by Gary Otto)” for competent diagnosis. Instead of competent diagnosis I received no diagnosis at all. What I received instead was a part swapping scam designed to maximize gain for “AAMCO of Bradenton (at the time owned by Gary Otto)”. Several times I was promised “Ice Cold A/C” from Jeff at AAMCO of Bradenton (at the time owned by Gary Otto) if I would just pay the amount he was requesting of me. I did not receive “Ice Cold A/C” from AAMCO of Bradenton (at the time owned by Gary Otto) and do not believe that I should be paying $1231.48+ when I did not receive the service that was promised.

Since then I have contacted AAMCO of Bradenton and found that the store has been taken over by AAMCO corporate as of August 1st 2012. I guess Gary Otto took advantage of one too many people. I was able to contact Gary Otto before taking him to court and he said that I cannot prove anything and that I signed for the repairs that he told me were necessary to have Ice Cold AC.

Beware of any Auto Repair Shop affiliated with Gary Otto. He is not legimiate. Gary and Kimberly Otto own Sunwest Automotive, LLC which looks to be at the same location of the AAMCO site in Bradenton on Cortez Rd.

• Ro
      Oct 02, 2014
    AAMCO - dishonest
    Aamco
    Lisle

This is a horrible dishonest business. The weasel that runs it named Brian is a crook. I would not give them a nickel of my money nor will I let family or friends use this shyster of a company.