Aamco / the truth about free engine check light on
We are really pissed off with AAMCO. Our car (98 Honda Civic) had a Engine Check Light On, so my husband called AAMCO and asked about Free Engine Check service (as we saw the add on the TV) KEN (the guy at Lake Forest, CA location) said bring your car on Monday at 8:30am and we'll check it. My husband took the car on Monday and KEN said it will take about 4 hours to get the free estimate, so my husband called me to pick him up and drop him off at work. Then after 4&1/2hours we went back to AAMCO to get our estimate. KEN said I know the problem & your info is saved in the system and i have the CODE, but it will cost you $85 to know what is really wrong with the car. We were really upset because KEN didn't tell us that it will take over 4hours, he said nothing about the coupon or anything about the free service requirements. KEN wasted our whole day. We are really unhappy about the service & we won't recommend it to anybody.
More Aamco Complaints & Reviews
- Aamco Transmissions - rip off 
- Aamco - didn't offer services they claimed to offer
- Aamco - I was scammed at aamco! 
- Aamco - $4,000 job gone wrong
- Aamco - fraud and cheating 
- Aamco Transmissions - 2012 buick enclave replaced transmission
- Aamco Transmissions - timeliness of service, don't depend on what is told to you.
- Aamco Transmissions - transmission
- Aamco Transmissions - installation of a transmission
- Aamco Transmissions - negligent, poor and very dangerous transmission installation.