Aamco / aamco sabotaged my car!

1 6629 Lomas Boulevard NortheastAlbuquerque, NM, United States Review updated:
Phone: (505) 404-0592

errible, awful, horrible place full of dishonest untrustworthy people to be avoided at all costs.
The Aamco store located at 6629 Lomas Boulevard Northeast, Albuquerque NM Lomas Street in Albuquerque NM 87110 had my classic Ford with a four-speed manual for literally 3 months attempting to repair a leak in a recently rebuilt transmission which was installed at the Aamco store at 68680 Ramon Rd.

in Cathedral City, Ca 92234.
Despite being given literally thousands of dollars to completely rebuild the transmission, clutch and U-joints, neither the Albuquerque store, nor the California store ever fixed the problem or took responsibility.
When I first picked it up, and took it home it did not take me long to notice it leaked about a quart a day. Then, after a several week "repair", the car drove seven miles before blowing a front input shaft seal and dumping quarts of fluid into the clutch. Ruining it. Then, after another few weeks, I was again told to come pick up my car. This time, I drove it for a few days and it now it occasionally engaged BOTH first AND reverse gear at the same time. So, again it went back to Aamco. They spent another two weeks trying to fix the sticking in gear problem, and told me to pick it up for the fourth time. At which point, during the test drive with the head technician named "Mike" in the car with me, it had a new vibration so bad you wouldn't drive over 50mph on a dare. The tech swore it was normal even though the car never did that before. When I complained, I was threatened by the staff and told to take my car home despite it not being repaired. So, I took it home. I had spent almost $3000.00 and now it is worse! So, I immediately reported the case to both BAR and NM attorney general. The Albuquerque NM Aamco store blamed the other California Aamco store and so forth, and the car never got fixed, and I never saw that money again.

Aamco

Comments

• Jf
      12th of Dec, 2012

After dealing with AAMCO myself, I have to agree with this complaint