AACOA Management Inc. / Sweepstakes

1 2002 Bond StreetBurlington, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 647-869-6404

I received a check in the mail for $3, 975.00 along with a letter stating that I had won $250, 000 from an international sweepstakes. My name was chosen at random along with 19 others, from a consortium of selected US stores. They claimed that the shoppers sweepstakes was accredited by the BBB and was sponsored by those stores. In order to claim my $250, 000, I was to call to activate the check they sent me and I was to go to the nearest Western Union and send AACOA the tax fees of $2, 970 - then I could receive my winnings. They make the letter seem so official but of course, I would have never gone forward without checking it out. I wasn't able to pull up their company on the web, until I just went ahead and Google searched the inquiry phone number of [protected]. Search results showed many scam/fraud comments. BTW, the letter had some "funny" things about it - missing words in sentences, mispelled words, and no capitalization for words that should have been.

Comments

• Ca
      13th of Dec, 2010

I received the same letter from AACOA securities Inc. is it not wonderful that these people are giving this money away? I think I'll send them the fee when I can cash the check they sent me. They even chose a tax agent for you. Mr. Harry Bent. Why has the police not arrested these people? They clearly have a paper trail or is that all they have?

• Lm
      16th of Dec, 2010

I also received this letter as I am sure many people did. The sad thing is that someone will take this seriously and then be out their own money. I am sure that all the corporations listed would not be happy knowing that they are being used in this manner.