Aaa Insurance Company / Chose another company for car insurance

1 P.O. Box 5823Irvine, CA, United States Review updated:

I was recently in a car accident and have AAA for car insurance. My car is going to be in the shop for a while so AAA suggested I get a rental and I was told that unless I got a rental car with upgrades I would not have to pay for it so I agreed to get a rental. AAA then set up a rental for me with Hertz. Once I got there though they did not have a car that was $20 a day which my coverage covers so being that I was already there and now in need of a car I was forced to rent a car for $23.99 a day. I tried calling AAA and of course got only voicemail. When I did finally get a call back from them they told me they would not cover the extra $3.99 so as I tried to explain how I feel since it was their fault for not bothering to check if the place they set up for a rental had a car that would be covered by my insurance that they should have to pay for the difference. The lady I was speaking to, Felicia Tucker, would not let me get in a word and then hung up on me. I then called her supervisor, Tony, who not once apologized for his employee's rudeness and then proceeded to tell me how this was my fault and that is why AAA would not cover the difference. One more thing is that Ms. Tucker told me that she had contacted Hertz to see when a cheaper car would come in and that I could then switch cars so I wouldn't have to continue to pay the extra. She told me a cheaper car would come in later this week which would have caused even more inconvenience for me to take time to go all the way down there to switch cars but the next day I receive a call from Hertz telling me they don't even have cars for $20 a day! So now I have been lied to twice once about not having to pay for the rental and once again about there being a car within my coverage limits. The whole reason I even decided to rent a car was because I was told I would not have to pay for it. It also would have been nice if at the time I signed up for my AAA coverage they told me that the $20 car rental coverage would not fully pay for a rental should I need one. Had I known I would have gotten the higher amount. I will definitely be switching to another company for car insurance.

Va

Comments

• Lu
      3rd of Nov, 2009

Hi, my name is Luz Rivera, last monday, I called to change my address in advance, but I'll move by Dec 1, 2009, and you increase my amount of the premium effectively now. Why? Policy:NVS-OO2902472 Account: 9999999628. Please call me. 702-418-4153

• Jb
      27th of Jan, 2010

To the original poster, It is your fault. you should of known you can't get a rental car for $20 a day. Next time don't skimp out on coverages to save a buck because we all know thats why you didn't get more coverage (that's why your complaining about spending 3.99).
    To Luz Rivera, do you honestly think someone will contact you from here?

• Sp
      14th of Dec, 2010

Do not do business with the AAA Champions, Houston location. This company is a nightmare. Extremely poor customer service. These folks are playing games when it comes to auto claims.!!! Thanks, but no thanks!!! I am getting as far away as I can. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH AAA again!!

• Te
      26th of Mar, 2011

I believe AAA set you up for the fall. This happened to me and when my car transmission when out AAA would not tell me if the local AAA mechanic shop had any complaints against them. In fact they said it was fine and that they could do the work. I got a rental car and 5o dollars turned into 500.00 and then 550.00
    dollars and the AAA rated body shop started stripping the car parts off my automobile and the employees started to be alarmed and called me. I really dislike AAA for lying about there rateing of the shops. Not turning all the parts over to be for my pontiac. Probably a 1, 500.oo loss on racing cam parts and engine decore. Not to mention we called the police and they made him give up the car. I took it to another shop.

Terry ( I have been lied to by AAA).

• So
      22nd of Jul, 2011

We took out a homeowner's & auto policy with AAA. We got a quote for $200, 000 (manufactured home) @ $515.00. Signed the deal and paid for home & auto policies. Two weeks later, we received a bill for an additional $248.00 because they revalued the home at $408, 000. We argued that our home wouldn't cost that much to replace, we would agree to a $300, 000 policy. AAA said that we HAVE to pay for the entire $408, 000 because the tables they use said so. We went to AAA in the first place to save money since we are retired with a fixed income. If I had known that everything was based on an inspection that took 10 minutes by a "qualified" inspector, I would have never agreed to pay up front for EITHER policy. I feel that they deliberately set us up... How could our home value double and the policy go up by an additional 50% on a double-wide manufactured home in just two weeks????? And now, to keep the policy from being cancelled, we are going to be required to pay the hostage ransom for our homeowner's policy. Lesson learned. I also guarantee that I will file complaints with the Indiana Insurance board, the BBB, and send a letter to the Pres of AAA & anywhere else that I can find info on. In the meantime, I will be looking for a new homeowner and auto insurance company. Now I see why people can't afford insurance and have to cancel their policy & have to lose everything because insurance companies REQUIRE you to pay high rates.

• Je
      30th of Sep, 2011

was rear ended by AAA policy holder, could not get in touch with them!!
    Filed under my own collision--State Farm what a difference, let them fight it out with AAA. Unfortuneatly did not have rental car insurance. So I rented a care, next model down from what I drive. Finally after 15 calls the adjuster finnally calls. Stated they will not pay for the entire rental bill, should have call them first-- I DID!!! so it is off to small cliams court to seek my money from AAA or the policy holder, especially if they do not show up in court! So beware, you could still owe money if that liablity insurance does not pay out it due amount. So cheaper insurance may not be a great investment!!!

30th of Jun, 2013

AAA, what a nightmare, car totaled in flood.. Could not get ahold of anyone.. When I finally did I have received nothing but a run around.. Claim changed hands times three and never once was I notified.. It has been three weeks and still nothing..
    Stay away