AAA Carolinas / Bad experience

1000 Aaa DriveLake Mary, FL, United States Review updated:
We have an old car that needed towing to a recycling center. I called several towing companies-all wanted $60.+

Called AAA explained it was going to junk yard- we had hit a deer, car has sit for months- the tags had expired so we needed it towed. AAA sent a towing company that I had called for a quote. The tow truck driver was on the cell phone with his dispatch when he got out of the truck- he immediately wanted the registration- I had the registration and title. AAA has towed cars for me for years- has never asked for anything except my driver's license and AAA Card. He refused to tow because the tags were expired (I think he refused to tow because I had already called him for his price). A dispatcher from AAA called me- said AAA would not tow the car without tags. AAA web site states there's a member's handbook- if so I have never received one- perhaps this is something new since we joined in 1995. I called customer service to cxl. I was told I could not cancel- only my husband could. I joined, I filled out paperwork, I sent a check to pay in my name- and AAA tells me I cannot cancel-I've been made an "associate" & my husband is the "Primary" and the only one that can cancel is the Primary. My husband will be back in town tomorrow- I'll have him call. So, you may or may not get what you paid for (towing-) and ladies be prepared to be treated like second class citizens. AAA will be happy to cash your check, but apparently your husband is the "Primary" and we really don't count- except on the invoice.
Va

Comments

Ri
  21st of Jan, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I called AAA CArolinas for emergency roadside service after locking my keyw in the car. I was told that my membership had been cancelled because I had recently moved from Florida to NC. I had to sign up for a new membership at the rate of $54. Then, After two hours of waiting outside in the cold, and no one showing up, I recieved help from a local police officer. I called to cancel my request for service and was still billed $35 for service and can't get this charge refunded. I am cancelling my membership.