A1-writers / ripped me off with £200

1 Philippines Review updated:

On the 7th January 2009, I paid A1 writers (they advertise on the google search engine as being professional writers) a sum of £192.90 with an additional service fee to XOOM of £25.00. The fee paid to A1 writers was done through Xoom.
This was for the company to write an assignment for me. They suggested that if I wanted the assignment done within a deadline of 3 days it would cost me extra. I went for this as I needed the essay finishing.

A1 writers informed me that they had received the money and that they would commence the assignment following the guidelines I had sent. The target for completion for them was Saturday 10th January.
I had specific guidelines to follow, such as the assignment needed to be 3000 words and had to cover all that I had sent otherwise I would fail.
A1 writers constantly failed to fulfil the 3000 words (see emails) and did not follow the specific guidelines I had asked of them. Despite me continually having to point them in the right direction and resending the guidelines they still failed to come up with the 3000 word count (only managed 1700 words at the most) and the standard was appalling.
Besides this they had failed to meet the target of 3 days, they were still trying to alter the essay 4 days after they were due to complete it! This was completely un acceptable and in order to get an essay done following the guidelines outlined I decided to write the work myself.
I have not utilised anything at all from A1 writers, the work was not up to sufficient standard. I therefore requested a refund based on the following;

1/ The target of completion for the 10th Jan had passed (it was the 14th Jan and the essay still was not done). I paid extra for it to be completed for this date.
2/ Only 1700 words had been done and this was not good work. I would not be able to use it.

3/ They had plagiarised certain aspects of their work (copying directly from a published article).

4/ They did not follow any of the guidelines I sent.

5/ They admit failure in their emails to me.

6/ They state that the money is refundable if the work is not done to satisfaction (see attached)

Despite numerous emails to A1 writers I have not received a refund or any reply.

This company is still advertising on Google. I am so angry that I cannot get my money back . They are ripping people off.

Comments

• Su
      8th of Feb, 2009

A1 Writers are a complete utter scam. They also ripped me off. You cannot leave any feedback as there is no way to do this. They only advertise positive feedback. I know i am probably being punished for paying them to do my work but I was desperate as my mum had died. I lost less than you but they ignored all my messages. Their level of work is so poor and they plagiarise too! a ten year old could do better. Surely there must be a way of stopping them from scamming others? please help anyone!

• Su
      8th of Feb, 2009

At last, others found out about this company!! A1 WRITERS advertise on GOOGLE as a professional outfit, claiming they are are fantastic outfit capable of writing essays, etc at an exceptionally high standard. They are absolutely USELESS. my advice is 'DON'T USE THEM'!! They ask for money up front, and promise a refund if the work is not to a standard you agree. They are LIARS, . I lost hundreds of pounds through them!! The work was so bad I couldn't use it! it was more like o'level standard! They used old references. They agreed and actually apologised that they had failed..but still did not refund me! see parts of their emails below! AVOID A1-WRITERS at all cost!!! BE WARNED!!
    ERIKA is the woman who takes your money and does all the liaising!!
    The message below is an excerpt of an email from ERIKA following my complaint that the work was poor;

"Oh I am so sorry about this. Can you still give us until tomorrow to> revise>> it and if by this time, the
    writer still hasn't followed your> instructions, >> we will process the refund.>>>> Erica"

This is part of my message to them;
    Hi Erica
    this essay is still only 1736 words! I need 3000.

and from the writer to me!!
    The writer has an email for you.

Email for client:

I'm sorry about the low word count, I depended too much on the notes that you entered before and you specifically said there to use that website. I asked the first time that I revised the work for the password and username. I tried to look for other updated sources about the topic but to no avail. I'm really sorry about this and it's not like I did not try. About the guidelines, i followed it but i failed to include the ethics portion. I can rewrite the paper to compensate for this. I'm really, really sorry.

What an absolute CON, the paper was never done by them..they are scammers!! how are they managing to stay online advertising, ?!?

• Sm
      27th of Feb, 2009

BEWARE FRAUDSTERS. I'VE MANAGED TO GET MY MONEY BACK FROM MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY. SORRY ABOUT THE REST OF YOU ALSO BEEN RIPPED OF BY ERIKA AND HER USELESS CRONIES! LET THIS BE A LESSON TO ANYONE CONTEMPLATING USING A COMPANY THAT SOUNDS BRILLIANT BUT ARE IN FACT ONLY AFTER YOUR CASH!!

• Li
      16th of Jan, 2010

i dont know about you but they helped me in so many ways. they are a blessing. i passed my dissertation thanks to their help.

• Li
      16th of Jan, 2010

i dont know what happened with you but there must be a pretty good reason as they do not rip people off. they were able to help me quite a lot and i consider them a blessing. i passed my dissertation with their help. maybe it was just the writer's fault. maybe they should screen their writers and select the best. erica is so helpful and she took care of me by giving my work to one of their best. =D

29th of Apr, 2011

I totally agree that websites like dissertation-services.co.uk, ukdissertation.co.uk, essaysreasy.com and expert writing help.co.uk are fraud companies. Scam!!!
    I would definitely recommend www.engineeringhelpdesk.co.uk relating to Engineering, Science and Management subjects only. I got 2 distinctions in 2 courseworks, following their help/feedbacks.

• Al
      5th of Sep, 2011
    A1-writers - Avoid them
    A1-writers

A1 WRITERS ARE COMPLETE FRAUDSTERS. THEY POSE AND ADVERTISE AS PROFESSIONAL WRITERS PROMISING A REFUND IF THEY DON'T GET THE ESSAYS CORRECT OR TO YOUR LIKING. LIARS..THE WORK IS SO SHODDY I ASKED FOR A REFUND AND THEY REFUSE TO ANSWER MY MESSAGES. THEY HAVE STOLEN £200 FROM ME. I DON'T HAVE THE FINISHED ARTICLE EITHER.

i SENT THE PAYMENT TO SOMEONE CALLED ERIKA. SHE IS THE PERSON ON THE 'GOOGLE'ADVERTISING AT [www.a1-writers.com] (link: http://www.a1-writers.com)

OR JUST GOOGLE A1 WRITERS AND YOU WILL FIND THEM.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE DISAPPOINTED THEN PLEASE TAKE THIS WARNING AND AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!