a1 mailing or typing / i think i have bein scammed

1 Blackburn, England, Lancashire, United Kingdom Review updated:

I applied for this mailing job and after sending my payment i have heard nothing but bad news evreryone says its a scam and i want to know how to get this low life back.I want my deposite money back anyone no how?

Comments

• Bu
      15th of Mar, 2010

I looked at this also but was very dubious as it looked too good to be true, so I called them. Glad I did because the guy was rude. When I asked him if he had work for ne to do in my area he replied he couldnt tell me until I had paid and sent the form in. So I then said, well what happens if I pay you but you have no work for me to do? He replied, there is no guarantees. So I told him he wouldnt be getting a penny from me.
    I then looked online and found so many reports on this scam. Ive emailed BBC's Watchdog about it to see if they can broadcast something to prevent people getting ripped off and to expose this rip off merchant. I would kiss goodbye to your money and put it down to experience.

• Su
      19th of Mar, 2010

Hi I just wanted to say thank you, as I also called the number and the guy was really rude and couldnt ask any questions as all he was interested was the money, but as I currently need a job working from home I was thinking about it but decided to search and seeing your comment I wont be sending him any money. Something should be done about people that do this scams as people that apply for these sort of jobs are people the really need jobs and need the money.

• Ca
      20th of Mar, 2010

I saw the adverts for homeworkers yesterday and decided to email them to see if I would be guarenteed work, I thought if they were legit they would email me back. Well they did email me, but did not answer anty of my questions, just said they would be able to answer me once they had recieved my payment and I had my membership. I am so glad I have looked up reviews, as they will certainly not be recieving any money from me. Thanks for all your previous reviews, as this has helped, me, to hang on to my money.

Caroline

• Ta
      30th of Mar, 2010

I ALSO RANG ASKING ABOUT THE DEPOSIT AND HE WAS SO RUDE TO ME AND JUST HUNG UP ON ME AND TOLD ME ALL THE INFORMATION WAS ON THE WEBSIRE. THIS GUY JUST SOUNDED LIKE HE WAS AT HOME TOO IF IT WAS REAL AND AS BIG AS IT IS MAKING OUT SURELY YOU'D BE SPEAKING TO A CALL CENTRE

• Ca
      28th of Apr, 2010

I have also fell for this scam, i was so desperate for money to get backon my feet after having cancer and when i sent my form and payment i received this so unprofesional peace of cut up card with my name on it and a number and a letter telling me there was no work in my area, but still took my money. i have written to watchdog also to catch this ignorant person out. I hope i can find a way to get my money back

• Fk
      10th of May, 2010

I have also been scammed I just recently sent off my £30 deposit and received the yellow membership card and a letter saying that I will be contacted once work is available in my area. I was just searching now on the internet about this company and saw its a scam :( what a disappointment I am already short of money as well. This man should b locked up for taking peoples money like this im surprised the police haven't found him yet. I phoned the number on the website and a very rude man picked up i said i want to cancel my membership and i want my money back he said you need to send back the membership card first and then he just hung up the phone. I really hope i can get my money back somehow.

• St
      22nd of Jul, 2010

mailingortyping.co.uk = HUGE scam! This guy should be in prison.

Homeworking scam is trading becomes top-star mailshare
    BY ANDREW PENMAN ON JANUARY 24, 2008 4:05 PM IN WORK
    IN the past we've described conman Ibrahim Shevket as an odious little liar. So we were not proud to find him advertising in the Daily Mirror.

For years Shevket fleeced people who wanted to work from home, charging a fee and delivering nothing. We exposed him when he was doing business as IS Trading and had told one unhappy client: "You are a non-respectful [censor] and I am part of bin Laden, so be scared."

By changing his trading name to Top-Star Mailshare he managed to sneak on to the Daily Mirror's ad pages again.

Ray Read of Dorchester, Dorset, sent £30 for work which never materialised. We stepped in and Shevket returned the fee.

And Top-Star Mailshare won't be advertising in the Mirror again...

UPDATE: See comments below for information on A1 Mailing or Typing (www.mailingortyping.co.uk) which also happens to want a £30 fee.

Source: http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2008/01/homeworking-scam-is-trading-be.html

• Cl
      11th of Aug, 2010

Great cant believe been scammed again i was desperate to make some money quickly and am diggusted i want my money back.How do these people sleep at night i really needed that money.I agree with all of the above people something should be done.I also received a membership card this was only last week.Would love to know the outcome of this.

• Da
      13th of Aug, 2010

I have also fallen for this scam. I have just written to watch dog too. The trading standards agency suggested a letter should be written, but sent recorded delivery. But I'm not wasting any more money and time on this. I'm in the middle of moving house and about to start my 3rd and most stressful year of University. I'm so short of cash, I knew it was a gamble. I suppose you live and learn.

13th of Aug, 2010

Yes I most certainly aggree with the others that have wriiten on this site, I too have been scammed, and I have been trying to phone them but to no avail, the line just goes dead. I have just emailed them to ask for my money back and threatened them with trading standards.

• If
      14th of Aug, 2010

hi, i am a mother of three young kids and was desperate for work that i can do while looking after the kids. ihave come acros this compeny and thought it was too good to be true, so when i read all your comments i wont be sending my money in hurry. these poeple need to be stop.
    ifran

• De
      31st of Aug, 2010

Hi i have been waiting too for work from this company and guess what !!! no work after recieving my little yellow cardboard membership card !!! I have phoned twice to speak to a very rude man and saidyou will recieve work during the school hollidays but school hollidays have finished and guess what !!! no work !!! i have just phoned to find out why ???? but to listen to a dead phone line !!! WHAT A SCAM THIS IS !!!
    How can we all get this rude money grabbing low life taking money of us all when we are desperate to work and he takes our
    £30 pounds which really some of us could not afford !!!
    WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT THIS LOW LIFE ?????

• La
      24th of Nov, 2010

i am a mother of three and was looking for work from home i came across this website and paid the £30. i also recieved my little yellow card and 10 months later i still have heard nothing i rang them once and a rude man said i would be contacted when work was avaliable in my area. £30 may not sound like a lot to some people but 2me it is and i think this [censor] should be strung up

• Hi
      24th of Nov, 2010

I got sucked in as well! Having had trouble with my stuck up work before hand: this sit looked so real, I want for it. If this low life, can only speed other peoples money then I hope he gets whats coming to him.