A1 Leasing / Fraud and scam

1 2007 Eastern SEGrand Rapids, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 616-243-7463

I can't believe this company is still allowed to be in business. I have also been scammed by this company. Not once, but TWICE! There was something about the the sign up that made me question the woman about Bond Corp being affiliated in anyway with a company called A1 Leasing and she said she had never heard of them and NO, they were NOT affiliated in any way.

I had had a brick and mortar business where a guy had come into my shop and presented me with a credit card merchant services program that sounded good. I agreed to the terms, signed the lease, got the equipment and was, initially happy with the program. The fees were deducted from my checking account each month. After awhile, the equipment became outdated and I could not contact anyone. The contact information I had was no longer any good. So, I went with another company. I sent the outdated equipment back but was still having fees deducted from my checking account. I ended up having to close my account to prevent this unreachable entity from taking monthly deductions from my account.

Almost a year later, I started getting calls from a collection agency representing the A1 Leasing Company stating that I was being taken to collection for leasing fees I still owed. ???? To make a long story short, I paid the fees (over $2K) just to keep my credit intact. But, the interesting thing was the man who was doing the collection was actually very nice. He informed me that A1 had the right to renew the lease after the two year agreement at ANY rate they so choose unless I cancel the lease IN WRITING prior to the end of the first two year contract. All this is was in very small, half tone print on the back of the original lease I signed with A1.

Turns out, it is the same way with this insane Bond Corp and Startup Essentials. So, if you are trying to keep your credit intact by biting the bullet and letting them grab $150.00 or so a month of your hard earned cash, be forewarned that if you do not send them notice in writing (and I would highly recommend sending it return receipt requested), they have the right to renew your contract for whatever amount they want and you don't even have to sign a contract. You already have!

I am part of the class action suit against Bond Corp but haven't heard anything about the outcome of the case. Does anyone have any info on that? I really want to stop letting them get my money but can't afford to have my credit messed up. But, I also can't afford to keep letting them take my money.

The laptop I got is also a piece of junk. Barely used and it won't work half the time. When I told them I already had a laptop, their reasoning was that the one they were sending me was set up and equipped to do on line transaction with the JP Morgan banking system that would be used. Get real!!!

I wouldn't want to be those people...karma can be nasty when you are.

Bo

More A1 Leasing Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ky
      13th of Feb, 2009

I got ripped off by them as well. I closed my account, wrote letters the the Credit Bureaus in advance telling them that I had been scammed. Now I am being harrassed by some collection agency and another thug that was threatening me.

• Bo
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I too was scammed by A-1 Leasing and Startup Essentials. They had someone call me last night and tell me they plan to sue me for the leasing contract. I returned the laptop which was a piece of junk after nine months of payments.

My brick and mortar business is on the verge of colapse and now these blood suckers come and want 10, 000 dollars

• Ka
      8th of May, 2009

Let me tell you. I was a Sophomore in college in 2006. All bubbly and stupid. Usually my radar goes up when these sollicitors call. I usually would be on the phone like, " Ain't buying, Ain't donating, ain't signing ###."
    I wish that day I threw these guys my lame comment in their face. I really do. But you know when you're in college and you're taking out student loans, you want to prepare to pay back the money. It sounded damn good. Because I was like, " God is watching after my ### for sure. I mean, I can pay back my loans an stuff. What don't you take a chance?" But I tell you, God had nothing to do with this ###. Satan was on my ###. Because someone cannot be so goddamn evil to destroy some other people's lives like this.
    That thing causes me to be depressed. I am suffering Panic attack left and right. It's that hopelessness, you know, of not being able to do anything about it. " non-cancellable" is the worst word in the English language.
    Geez, what in all hell was I thinking? each time I pay these suckers 134. and change, it pisses me off. But you know I am ###ing scared of getting sued. Wouldn't you know it, I am still paying. I figured that it was my fault. If I was not so stupid, I wouldn't be in this mess. And what if they sue my ###, I can afford 134 a month until these four years contract or whatever the hell it was is expired. Now, What if I have to pay lawyers and stuff more money to get me out of this mess. And what if they don't? I cut my losses and still paying up. But that ### gotta end. I mean seriously, that's three laptop I could have bought if I saved all of that money.
    After reading these reports, I am planning on cancelling my account. Return the junk I have. And pray my ### off.

• Ka
      8th of May, 2009

I am also in the class action suit. I received it in the mail. I still don't know what's happening.

• Do
      28th of Aug, 2009

I too em in the same boat up ### creek without the paddles. In the same class action suit. I got in the mail last mouth the I don't have to pay the last three mos. I have one more year to pay the $ 136.00 per mo. You would think that this class action suit that was held in Texas would had covered everyone of us????????? Hmmmmmmmm!!! After paying all of this(4, 000 & some change) do we get to keep the lap top?????? And one more thing with a company like J P Morgan which I have done buss. with for 20 years would be able to do something. They are one of the largest bank in the world ????? I mean what the ###... someone call OBamma

• Em
      15th of Jul, 2010

I to just cancelled my auto withdrawl for $134 plus change (7-1-2010). Now I have them calling me threatening me with lawyers calling and sueing me for the remainder of the ballance (two years). I didn't even know there were class action suits against A-1/Start up essentials until my back researched them. Not sure what to do know but wait and see.

• Ji
      1st of Aug, 2010

I too was scammed by Startup Essentials and thought I was trapped in the "non-cancellable" lease with A-1 Leasing. Check your lease and your bank statements. The lease I have says "No written or verbal alteration of this lease contract by a sales representative will be accepted as stated in the lease contract." It also probably says: "I have authorized A-1 Leasing LLC to have the monthly payment deducted from my business checking account." If it does, even though you may have verbally agreed to the Bond Corp approval, this is invalid. If Bond Corp withdraws funds and A-1 Leasing does not, then the contract is invalid. No other business entity was given permission to withdraw funds as per the contract, and no matter what "verbal" verification you gave it is still a cancelling of the contract. At least, that makes sense... Right?