A1 Books / Terrible company

This company markets on the internet on all usual book sites. I have been a victim of their sham twice. (I assumed the first time that they did indeed refund my money and that the failure to deliver was an anomaly) The second time they did not deliver for unconformable reasons of undeliverability- they said I would receive a refund when they item was received by them. That was 2 months ago. I have not received the refund and they have closed my claim-disallowing me to re-contact their customer service even by email. They have NO customer service- other than the 'lip service' per email.

If you throughly read the reviews on Amazon etc you will see this is a pattern with this company.

Li

Comments

7th of Jan, 2009

I purchased from A1Books.com because I need a book (of course). It has the lowest price of all the merchants. I received the book two weeks later. The transaction went smoothly, and I will order from them again if it has the lowest price.

• Je
      21st of Jan, 2009
    A1 Books - Bad service
    A1 Books
    a1books.com

Same story as "senorpickle" - they said the book was in stock, and shipped on 12/23/08. First they quoted 1-2 weeks for delivery, then 4-14 business days (that's 3 weeks), now they're showing 21 business days (that's almost 5 weeks). I don't have it yet, and the class I need it for is only an 8-week class and I'm almost finished with the 2nd week (graduate-level). They won't answer an e-mail or provide shipping details so I can track it, except to say that it went "standard shipping." That can mean anything. I feel like I've been bait-and-switched on the delivery time frame. I will alert American Express and the Better Business Bureau, and tell them that I suspect fraud. Please do not do business with this company!!!

• Ni
      18th of May, 2009

A1 Books - what a bunch of cheats. Yes, they delivered the wrong item - packaged as the correct item and then didn't want to know about it when I complained.

Below is the contact information they revealed only after I made the order. DONT EVER BY FROM THIS CHEAT

studentlikeyou@gmail.com

Fast Media
    25547 Canyon Crossing Dr
    Richmond TX 77469

• Kr
      28th of May, 2009

I have recently ordered a book over a week ago. They sent me an email to verify some information to avoid fraud...ya right. I have responded by phone (to a voicemail of course) and have sent multiple respond emails with the info they needed to ship my book. I am so annoyed because there is no one to actually talk to...only voicemail! I would NEVER buy anything from A1 Books again! I wish I would have done more research on this company before buying from them.

• Th
      19th of Jan, 2011

Hi,

29th Nov 2010 i have ordered the book . till now no response . is this the way you behave with your customer?.
    If you do n't know how to satify your customer, better shutdown your company. Don't cheat

Regards