A & W Restaurant / Filthy place and disgusting food

1 Revelstoke, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

We drove 1 1/2 hrs to Revelstoke and went in the local A & W... it was not very clean. The bathrooms were absolutely filthy. We ate a burger... it was horrid... I ordered chicken & coleslaw... When I got home, we threw out the rotten coleslaw and it will be the LAST time I go there... Clean up your act... you should have someone spot checking your restaurants if you wish to keep your good name. Please let me know if you are willing to refund by $30.00 for such poor quality food and dirty restaurant. I plan on spreading the word if this is not completely looked at. Thanks, J.Doyle.

Comments

• Rs
      15th of Feb, 2010

We were excited about there being an A&W resturant in the airport at Omaha, NE. It was 12.30 noon and we order 2 cheeseburgers and onions rings . We received cold hamburgers that had been much earlier fried, put in a warmer that didn't work. When I approached him with the problem, his comment was OH the warmer must be broke. I have to call someone and have it fixed. I told him it was the worsed food I have ever paid over $15.00 for, with no response, I thought I would let the rop dog know!!! This happened on 2-01-2010, and I doubt if I will go back to an A&W. Thanks, RSchaefer

• Ju
      1st of Apr, 2011

Thank I when to A@W at oakridge and had a chesse burger.I said no lettues just mayo, I when to the table to eat my lunch and no mayo was their the casher took it and give to the cook in the back.The person then put it on the table with her hand to put thr mayo on.But before she did that she touch the boxes of food on the floor.I work with food and for food safety, I have to wear gloves and hairnets. Why in your food place noone wears glove or hairnets. I will never eat in food at A@W again. Thanks

• Ju
      1st of Apr, 2011

A@W works should wear hairnets and gloves cooking food what is wrong with thatas they do work with food and cash. I work with food and have to wear hairnets and gloves. I is food safety right
    having boxes of food on floor

25th of May, 2012

I have a serious complaint about "Rick" in Kamloops, on the North Shore, Fortune and Tranquille outlet. This happened 3 weeks ago on a Friday the 4th of May . I was lied to and coerced. Rick told me to leave the parking lot when he had no right to police the lot and no reason to tell me to do so for it is not his property and there was no cause. I was there to complain about treatment by one of his staff members. And a person cannot complain about a person who has a complaint that must be listened to. Rick is the "DUB" Nazi. His staff are A & W diplomats and have a responsibility to the customer when they are in the store working or not. I have been a faithful customer my whole life and deserve to be treated as a customer first, and we are always "Right".

I was out side listening to the news when Rick came out and interrupted my broadcast of the Prince George fire related deaths in my home town. Rick came outside obviously angry and says a few things so I turn the radio off.

His words were. “I want you to go I saw it all on the cameras.”

“I don’t like the way you treat the girls.”

“I am suspending you from coming in the store for three months.”

“I want you to leave the parking lot.”

I said. “What are you talking about, I did nothing wrong.” “I came here to eat and what was I deserved to be put out by losing my appetite by the way that I was treated by your staff member.”

He says. “When the girls are working…” “Then you shouldn’t be…”

Now I do not know why he is pissed for he does not say but I have to ask for a reprieve. And I have to ask for a second chance, it gets to the point where I am begging him to let me stay and explain, plus not to have my service cut off.

I said. “I don’t deserve this, I came here to make a complaint and it is not fair for you to complain without hearing me out first. I have to have a chance to say my say.” For he will not let me dignify myself and keeps cutting me off like I am an employee or his lackey. He will not allow for me to respond.

He claims that Terry was behind the counter working, and then I knew that I had caught him in a lie and that he had not reviewed or seen the camera footage/display.

When I say that Terry was not working he invited me inside but not before I had to ask several times to be given a chance to defend myself. He kept on speaking over me and would not validate my comments and responses.

We go inside and sit down with Fran present. He says.

“He has heard the ‘rumors’ and ‘the talk’. “ When the girls are busy, When Fran is busy, don’t ask for a bag, or a slip haz sign. The girls in the drive are not to be bothered”

I only do these things when I think that there is a break or a need that is not my fault but some other customer’s. I do not know that they are speaking to a drive through person and how would I?? I forget that the headset is on. Nor do I have to remember for I am just a customer that is concerned and trying to assist not cause trouble.

Rick said. “That he was robbed at MacDonald’s and someone got knifed and killed and other things that caused him stress and to be careful at work with certain people, stuff about his ex-wife and how he treats her’.

Who cares? This is Kamloops it is safer here and we are not talking about that sort of crime with me.

Fran was upset about when I came into the kitchen and gave her an evil glare and wanted her help. She was busy so I came back later and I apologized to her for the offense for she has been a friend for the last 6 ½ years. Every time she had a fight with her husband Jeff I was there to help and when he punched holes in the walls I came over to fix and fill them for no payment.

I expect an apology from Rick for the lie that he told me and the treatment he gave me. I would like to have my lunch paid for and some other compensation for the embarrassment and discrimination.

All of his employees have an obligation while in his store to be polite to all the customers not just a select few for that is an offense worth firing a person for unless they are justified which was not the case. Weather they are working or not they are still dignitaries of A & W and have to be diplomatic to everyone while they are in the restaurant.

Truly,

Stavros Heibey

Known as Steve

This is his reply,
    From: rpollon@hotmail.com
    To: stravos@hotmail.com
    Subject: Re Rick
    Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 08:48:14 -0700

Dear Steve I have recieved your complaint and am informing you that as of now you will not be served at the following locations North Shore, Halston, Landsdowne, Aberdeen Mall as well as Valleyview. To clerify why I did approach you after recieving many complaints from my staff of you harrassing them and while they are working as well as coming into the kitchen of the North Shore location and yelling at the manager Fran that you wanted to talk to her immediatly you not only scared her but you made other people very nervouse in which many did do not want to even serve you anymore. We are allowed to refuse service to anyone whom we feel is not acting in a proper manner and yelling at the manager is very improper. I then had a meeting with you and the manager Fran to discuss the issues and give you a fair chance to correct your actions. You agreed that all was done untill this last friday when you decided to come in a quiz Jes on a few issues asking her if she was a liar and then telling her you were going to "### SLAP ME", and then went on to telll my staff that I am nothing but a liar, I have no reason to lie to you. So for the safetly of myself as well as the staff you can see you are not welcome in the A&Ws I pointed out earlier and if you do come on the parking lot or in the location the police will be notified.

There is no understanding from this guy the DUB Nazi Who does he think he is. There is no God in A & W anymore when he starts to play one.

### Pollon,
    The Dub Nazi.

Before I read your lies I Blogged you and your BS.
    You are a liar. You do not know how to spell and type.
    You have not been invited to E-Me. So do not at any time contact me.
    I was a customer and the customer is always "Right". So Back Off.
    I on no occasion made this statement or you would have it on "camera" "you were going to "### SLAP ME" these are your words only. You lie.
    Now I will complain to Hotmail that you have harassed me and block your name out.
    You are pushing for a Human Rights Complaint for discriminatory action.
    You Yo-Yo have no right to defame me that is worth a lawsuit.
    Your letter is "Creepy at best" and this will be Blogged.
    From what you say about how you treat you Ex-wife this seems typical from you.
    There is no Thank you for your understanding on this issue. Rick Pollon Operations Manager Kamloops
    There is just you and that is pretty Creepy too.
    You have no grounds to ban me from anywhere and I go where I please.
    Just as I have my whole life.
    What do you intend to stop??
    Maybe stop lying first and then we will talk.

Truly Aye,