A Plus Vanlines / Awful moving service

1 1920 Tigertail BlvdDania, FL, United States Review updated:

These are the most unprofessional, uncaring movers EVER. They do not communicate with you EVER unless you call them. They arrived over 6 hours late both pick-up and deliver; They broke things, items were missing, boxes were ripped open, things were dropped (there were leaves in some boxes), they never give you any definitive information, Customer service LIES, they say they are doing something, and they DO NOT. The movers/drivers barely sepak english, they ask YOU for directions, they underquote and then ask for a LOT more money at arrival. They are careless, unprofessional, thoughtless. And the owner apparently gets drunk over performing quality customer service, per the driver of my truck when he tried to call him about my missing items.

Va

Comments

• Lo
      22nd of Sep, 2008

The driver did not show up for three days from the original quoted move date. Nobody did anything to resolve or explain the reason for service failure. The "relocation specialist" sold me a bill of goods when she said that the quote was firm and I would not have to pay extra at either end. Of course when they finally did show up I was charged an additional $400 for extra cubic feet, although I had exactly the same inventory list as per my quote. Do not believe anything they say, and make sure you measure everything yourself as when they show up they will figure a way out to screw you good.

• Ry
      29th of Oct, 2008
    A Plus Vanlines - Nothing but Lies!
    A Plus Vanlines
    Lansing
    Phone: 8772101122
    aplusvanlines.com

A Plus Vanlines boasts everywhere you find them that their #1 priority is customer service. This could not be a bigger lie! They delayed their pick-up "estimate" further and further every time I called to ask what was taking so long, then told me they crashed their van and forced me to wait in my already cancelled apartment another day! They still arrived over an hour late and tried to increase the price (after ensuring me that I would receive a $100 discount for waiting an extra day!) I called the company to argue the extra charges and the truck drove off without ever picking up any of my stuff! The operator said he had every right to leave and cuss me out because he claimed his only alternative was to start a physical fight with me for being upset about how they were treating me!!! Now they told me that they had refunded my deposit, but nothing has shown up in my account 10 business days later and the company will not answer any more phone calls.

Long story short: the company's one and only priority is to screw the customer over. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!!

• Kr
      4th of Dec, 2008
    A Plus Vanlines - faudulant moving company
    Dania
    Florida
    aplusvanlines.com

Please DO NOT use this company to move you. My items were picked up on time however from my originally quote they added an addition $600 due to "more cubic feet." Now bringing my total to 2300. I had already paid my deposit $500 and then required me to pay half of the remaining amount, which I did. My items were not wrapped appropriately. When I received my items (1 week later than originally stated) the boxes were damanged, ripped, torn, and had leaves in them??? The movers tried to charge me an additional $75 as they stated it would be a long carry from the 18 wheeler...funny no other moving company had issues getting their vehicle in the parking lot. Many of my large items (coffee table, end table, desk, TV) had dents, scratched, and were chipped. I ended up with our frame for the bed, but no matress, boxspring, or vacuum cleaner. I even spoke with the supposed owner the day of the move and he reassured me everything would be taken care of. After that initial conversation (on Saturday) Monday came and I tried to contact his company many times and they would not answer or return my phone calls. I completed my claim form including pictures for my missing and damaged items. Not to forgot I had to go out and by a bed, they recently sent me an email with a settlement of $144 - are you kidding me? Needless to say I am taking this further, but please DO NOT ever use this moving company!

• Dr
      23rd of Dec, 2008

Only wish I had read this BEFORE I scheduled the move. I agree wholeheartedly with this comment. Customer service is AWFUL and that is putting it mildly. The movers arrived this morning and are hand carrying items that were boxed. Can only imagine what the rest of the valuables look like! Tried calling them and no one picks up. Move was 1/3 more expensive than original quote. TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!

• Dr
      23rd of Dec, 2008

COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSEL[censored] AVOID AT ALL COSTS - Price quoted as a binding contract almost doubled by the time of the move. Packers barely speak English so you feel like you are being held hostage. Items arrived out of boxes. Won't unpack until PAID IN FULL! Try to resolve and no one calls you back. BEWARE!!!

• Tr
      4th of Jan, 2009
    A Plus Vanlines - Service

I googled A Plus over the summer and found no complaints and found that Sammy, a Sales Rep, really spent a lot of time working with me on my move. I was told that I had 24 hrs to update my inventory up until the day of my move. A few weeks before my move Sammy was on "vacation" and Jasmine or something like that was answering her emails. When I called to leave a message and it was Jasmine in the recording I knew something was off. I called 24 hrs before my move to update my inventory list on a Saturday and no one was answering the phone. The following day we waited 10 HOURS for the creepy movers and moving truck to arrive. The man called me and asked if we could "do this tomorrow because he had to drive back to Daytona earlier that day to fix his girlfriends broken window." I freaked and said no! We were sitting by the window waiting to get on the road to drive from Florida to New Hampshire. They arrived @ 10pm and told me of all the extra charges for last minute additions to my delivery. I said I would call the company in the moring I needed to just get on the road. I called the next morning to find Jasmine unable to answer any of my questions and gave me to a manager. This manager told me to see my contract and it would tell me that they were not open on Saturdays. IT STATES NO WHERE OF THIS NOR ON THEIR WEBSITE. BE FOREWARNED. After losing the battle with the female RUDE manager I gave up. In the contract it stated we would receive our belongings within 7 to 10 business days. WE RECEIVED OUR THINGS AFTER WAITING 4 and a 1/2 weeks!!! Our belongings arrived smashed in with other clients belongings, the driver would hand me boxes that did not belong to me and belonged to a women in ORLANDO!. Our bed frame was broken, a large mirror missing, kitchenware smashed and boxes throw around and crushed. Needless to say I would rather drive 40mph on 95 for 10 days in a snow storm than EVER use this company again. DO NOT USE THEM!!

• De
      26th of Mar, 2009
    A Plus Vanlines - hihg percent of damage items during move
    A Plus Vanlines
    1920 tigertail dania beach florida 33004
    Dania
    Florida
    Phone: 954-241-4498

Paid over $6000 for funuture/belongings from fort lauderdale florida to sterling heights michigan. we were told no need for extra insurance they said the amount provided by the company would be plenty to cover the worst of mishaps. well they damaged or lost about 80% of our things. the insurance company:
    Claims Adjusting Firm
    Claims Office Phone Number:
    (954)217-3082/ Office Fax # 954-217-3093
    135 Weston Road Suite 184 Weston Florida 33326

made an offer of settlement for $255 based on type of insurance provided. At least I figure there is a min of $4000 in damaged or missing things. A Plus needs to be responsible for their breach of contract when they failed to protect my belongings.(80% is rediculous no matter the level of insurance). and $255 is an insult. I intend to fight to the bitter end if necessary.

Dennis Dornbrock
    44152 Meadowlake Dr
    Sterling Heights MI 48313

• Li
      27th of Mar, 2009

I was going to go with this company and decided to cancel because it was to expensive. I cancelled in the beginning of February and still havent got my deposit back! (its march 27th) I have called and spoke to 4 different people and each time they say sorry we will refund your money it should take 5 business days! What a joke! Dont use this company!

• Vi
      22nd of Apr, 2009

If you need someone to testify against them I will!!! I still havn't recieved my belongings, they want 100% more than I was quoted they are holding my belongs hostage. It has been over I month. I have not heard from A Plus since the company they hired came and loaded my belongings. Did you at least dispute your credit card charges?? They will get your money back and tag the company with fraudulant practices. Sorry, about your experience I know how you feel.

• Da
      25th of Jun, 2009

a plus van lines canhed their name to spider van lines and are now operating under mega line transport do not use this company

• Da
      3rd of Jul, 2009

americas top movers changed their name to A Plus Van lines Then to Spider Vanlines Now they are operating under the name Mega Line Transport .. these people are in the business of ripping people off.. The owners name is miki sangrun...do not let these people pickup your items u will regret it..i would like everyone to learn from my experience

• Mi
      28th of Jul, 2009

AGREE!!! Please do not go with this company! as a matter of fact, I have a feeling that this company is not even insured! I am still waiting for my .60 cents per pound claim I filed for damages to my furniture. They still do not pick up calls and when I called the insurance company that they were partnered up with, they even advised that they ended partnership with them because of the many claims they began to get.