A J Installations / ripped me off

United Kingdom Review updated:
A J Installations
After making an appointment with A J installation of weston super mare to come and fit a digital Aeriel last week you can imagine my disgust when the supposed CAI standards engineer turned up on my door, inspected my TV and stated that I didn't need a new digital Aeriel and demanded a fee of £30 for looking at my TV?
The man clearly couldn't be bothered to fit an Aeriel and didn't even look at my old analogue aerial from the 1970s that was on the roof!
After he left (which was a relief) I rang the boss Andy at AJ installations and explained what had happened, he didn't know what to say and said he would ring me back shortly. Ever since he has refused to answer my calls and give me any kind of reply!
I ask the question do these people really fit Aeriel's or do they pray on elderly and vulnerable people demanding payment for doing nothing?
Even their website says they don't charge site surveys!
I am now £30 down and still in need of a digital aerial, surely this kind of practise is plain theft!!

N  27th of Mar, 2009 by
I disagree, my SKY box went offline on Christmas day, I rang AJ Installations and he sent Steve round - 20 minutes later my TV was up and running. Steve was very helpful and very knowledgable and all he asked for was a cup of tea and a mince pie. Excellent service. Thank you very much AJ - you saved out Christmas day, the kids were going mental without their cartoons.
A  21st of Nov, 2014 by
I agree with the complaint. In general AJ installations seems to be made up of an incompetent work force. They are also abusive and cowardly. During the time working for me they abused an elderly lady in her seventies when she confronted them outside her property, telling her to "F*** off." Generally they laughed at her complaints amongst themselves. Picking a fight with a seventy year old woman doesn't seem to be the skill set of a capable and friendly work force. It is however, the attribute of cowards and crooks.

This is not the only behavior from them which is questionable. The web is full of complaints on different review sites. For example, here: http://www.mybuilder.com/job/view/176364. In fact, after this job in 2011 they were removed from trading standards because their records were so low in terms of general customer satisfaction. They stopped paying their fee to trading standards because it wasn't worth having legal action approach them so constantly.

I find it hard to believe that Linda paid them with a mince pie and a cup of tea. Most likely Linda is Andy. Perhaps he likes to dress up as he posts false reviews of make believe customers? Andy and his staff of slack jawed cretins are charlatans, only after a quick pay off before they do a runner. If you have a bad experience with them I suggest you post a complaint on whatever review site you can find. At least it might help others when considering to hire them.