A Eastern Connection, Co. Inc. / Terrible service!

1 255 Bayville Ave.Bayville, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800.828.9780

I am reposting here, since they pulled my review off of transportreviews.com. Going on a recommendation, I booked a reservation for transport 3 days ago. I spoke with Laura, who was rude and pushy. I did not have my exact pickup location address and was told it was okay to call back, which I did - spoke with Kathy. She informed me that I would be receiving the contract, BY FAX, and I was to sign and send back with a copy of my voided check.

To date, I still have not received a contracted detailing terms and conditions. AND NEVER SIGNED AND RETURNED ONE or a copy of my check. I began to worry and starting reading reviews about this company. So, with nothing signed and no money lost, I put a stop payment on my check and I canceled the reservation - which I was kindly told by Glenn, January 30, that was okay to do anytime.

Today - I called to confirm that we are no longer in need of their services. Kathy, who was so kind yesterday - asked me what am I talking about and transferred me to a man, I'm assuming it was Glenn. He went on to tell me that I can not cancel, it's a FELONY in NY to give information and then cancel. Once they noticed that the stop payment had been made, they turned into MONSTERS.

He then said that he was still going in to my bank to take the money and HUNG UP ON ME. I called back and asked for Kathy. Again, she transferred me back to this jackass. He screamed over me, which pissed me off and got me screaming back at him. He said that I DID GET THE CONTRACT AND I JUST DIDN'T SIGN IT AND SEND IT BACK. He called me a "sick woman".

BOTTOM LINE: STAY AWAY FROM THEM. THEY ARE RUDE, OBNOXIOUS, LIARS. THEY CAN NOT BE TRUSTED AND VERBALLY THREATENED ME OVER THE PHONE. GO WITH ANY COURIER WITH 5 STARS - THEY ARE ONLY ABOUT $30 DIFFERENCE, BUT PRICELESS IN CUSTOMER SERVICE.

After this initial post... he called my cell phone and verbally threatened me... i reposted another review... Just to add to my previous post... I just received a threatening call on my cell phone from some MAN at AEC. He said he would be suing me for slander, based upon my previous review. Reading thru this long list of posts and taking another reviewers suggestion, I did contact the State of NY Attorney General's office to report their misconduct. Apparently this is not the first time this type of harassment has gone on. Please feel free to contact me with your problems with the is company.
---------------------------
After these posts went up, I received an email from the webmaster stating that my reviews have been removed, due to Non-Customer status, reported by AEC... which means I have a letter in writing stating that I never signed or was assigned an ORDER number - so if they go ahead and put my check thru electronically - I have them by the bleeps.

Kr

More A Eastern Connection, Co. Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ta
      11th of Feb, 2009

To whom ever wrote this post:

I received a refund check after 90 days of constant contact with Eastern Connection only to discover the check is invalid. I too can never get anyone on the phone to discuss the issue and if I do, I get hung up on. I was going to contact the NY Attorney General myself but if you are compiling complaints, add me to your list.

Taunji

• Ke
      15th of Aug, 2009

They are absolutely terrible. I cannot understand how they keep getting away with running a sham business. I unfortunately engaged their services last year, the car was never delivered and the staff was extremely rude when I asked about the delivery date of my vehicle. It's been close to a year and I've contacted the BBB about them. They lied to the BBB and stated that they sent back a refund to me, I have yet to see a refund. I am currently planning on suing them. Please let me know if anyone else is taking legal action. Perhaps it will make a stronger statement in court for all of us if we all serve as witnesses to their fraudulent practices.