A & E Service / Refrigerator Repair

I paid $400 for a warranty repair contract with Sears on a $2500 refrigerator. When I needed to use it A & E Servcie came out, took 15 minutes to diagnose the problem, punched in a part & reschedule date into his hand held machine. The part arrived on time before the scheduled revisit. My husband took the morning off for the serviceman to be there between 8-12. No show, no call. My husband called them about 11:30 and was told service could not make it that day & would reschedule us. I called for a reschedule the next week, put in for afternoon time off. Called that morning at 7:50 & confirmed we were on the schedule for 1-5 that day. By 4:10PM no one had called or shown up but was promised serviceman would be there by 5PM. About 4:50 lady called stating manager asked her to let me know servcieman could not make the appt that day. Asked for manager but none were available. Asked for return call and gave number. (Have never received a call back) Next morning emailed Sears customer service. Was told they were sorry for inconvenience and they found I had been scheduled for servcie that day between 8-5. (No one had called or told me it was rescheduled). I could not get off and rush home to wait all day. When I got home a call was on my recorder stating the servcie man could not make the appt because he had a family emergency - what? they only have one service tech? I am sick of this run around. I will not buy another Sears product, & based on the cost of unpaid time off to wait on them to no-show, I have paid dearly for the warranty. I wont purchase an extra warranty either. It would be better to contact a local repair service and pay to have the job done without all the hassle and lost time. At least I have the part. I will call someone else and say to heck with A & E and Sears. Everyone I know will hear about this treatment! Now that I have read many other complaints about them I believe this may be a scam operation. They file for the parts and labor and get their money after the initial call but the customer never gets the service.

Comments

• Va
      16th of Jul, 2008
    A & E Service - Money scam
    Brooklyn
    New York

Over the last six weeks we have been tyring to get our washer fixed from A&E Service who handles the service for Maytag Corporation. They are the worst Service organization I have ever had to deal with. We told them up front we thought there was something wrong with the Drum. They changed the Boot again ( 4th time being replaced) and a water pump. This was not the solution to the problem. Again the technician came and said he needed to change the drum then left and then called back to say they needed only to change the seals. Today 07/12/2008 we were on the phone with their supervisor at 8am and she heard the meachine running and banging. I told her the Drum needs replacing. She was going ot have someone get back to us but as of this writing now 9:59pm, I still have not heard from anyone. It goes on and on. The worst of all is you spend $1, 500 for a washer the doesn't work and then think you pay Maytag for extended service only for them to TAKE YOUR MONEYIT BUT OUT SOURCE THE SERVICE TO DUMMIES.

HOPE THIS GET TO A GOOD READING AS I AM SURE A&E HAVE HEARD THIS MANY TIME S BEFORE.

• Na
      5th of Apr, 2010
    A & E Service - Non responsive
    Chattanooga
    Tennessee

I am very frustrated to say the least. My relatively new Profile GE Refrigerator has a heater defroster strip that needs to be replaced. A&E did come out (after almost begging them to do so). The rep ordered a part (or so we thought). We lost all the food in our frig and freezer.

When I called today they ordered a part AGAIN. What happened to the first one? Hmmm.

I have been without the use of the refrigerator for 2 weeks and now they say they will not be out until April 12. But will they? What they say is not necessarily what they mean. I truly feel they give you a date just to get you off the phone.

This is the poorest run business I believe I have ever had dealings with.

• Li
      11th of Sep, 2010
    A & E Service - Service Fee
    Utah

I called Maytag/A & E on 9/10/10 I explained that I needed an ESTIMATE for a repair on my dishwasher (because someone else was going to pay for the repair). There was no mention of a service change. As soon as the technician walked in, I stated, clearly, that this was only an estimate. He did not mention a service charge either.

He said "since I'm here, I'm just going to take apart a few things & look" I NEVER authorized service. When he was done, he announced that we owed $137.84. We were not prepared. Had I known there was a service fee, I would not have scheduled this. We would have just continued to wash dishes by hand.

Then, the tech put in the system that I refused to pay, but after scrounging up the cash, including taking my kids' money, we paid. He hand wrote on the receipt that we paid but did not indicate the amount. So, I posting this everywhere so the $137.84 doesn't end up in his pocket.

SOMEBODY needs to inform the customer BEFORE the technician arrives that there is a service fee. Maytag points the finger at A&E and A&E points the finger at Maytag. So nobody takes responsibility for what happened.

• Li
      12th of Sep, 2010

After all this, the stupid dishwasher still doesn't work

• Se
      16th of Sep, 2011

Dear liveinlayton:
    I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our team and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you.
    My name is Susan and I am part of the A&E Solutions team. We understand your frustration and do want to see how we can be of assistance to you. At your convenience please contact our office at AEservice@aefactoryservice.com so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number and the phone number the dishwasher is listed under and we will contact you directly. In addition please include your screen name (liveinlayton) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
    Susan R.