A & E Appliance / poor service; late showing up

1 Franklin, TN, United States Review updated:

These people are complete idiots! First, they give you a window of arrival time of 4 hours...then at two minutes before the 4 hour mark they call to say they are "running behind" and will be another two hours. The customer service reps are rude and very unhelpful. I would not recommend this company for any kind of appliance repair whatsoever...

Je

Comments

• Aa
      3rd of Jun, 2016

AverageCustomer47,

I am so sorry for the inconvenience frustration you encountered with our service technician. I know it is very challenging to complete daily chores without use of one’s dryer. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the A&E Solutions team. I read through your post and I am glad you were able to get your dryer working again. If you would like any additional assistance or even assistance in the future please don’t hesitate to contact us.
    At your convenience please contact our office at AEservice@aefactoryservice.com so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number and the phone number the dryer is listed under and we will contact you directly. In addition please include your screen name (AverageCustomer47) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.

A & E Appliance - They just don't care
    A & E Appliance
    Colorado Springs
    Colorado

I called A & E Appliance via Sears and TOLD them that I needed a new heating element for my dryer. I gave them the make and model of my dryer and they told me the earliest time they could come out and replace the heating element would be the following Wed between noon and 5pm; and this was on the previous Fri.. So, I take off half the day off of work on Wed, only to get a call TEN minutes before 5pm saying, "We're not gonna make it out today." Rescheduled for Fri., between noon and 5pm again. Take off work again; guy shows up at 330pm. I take him to my dryer and five minutes later he says, "Yep! You need a new heating element. And I KNOW I don't carry those in my truck." He calls around and discovers that there isn't one in town and the earliest he could get one would be, hopefully, the following Wed.. He tells me I can get my dryer fixed by next Fri., between noon and 5pm of course. At this point he tells me it's gonna be about $260 for parts and labor. Told him I would think about it. I decided I would get the part and replace it myself which turned out to be under $20. But they charged me $130 to come out and say, "Yep! You were right. You need a new heating element." This business is unbelievable. STAY AWAY!!!