A certified locksmith / FRAUD

1 300-3 suite 2 route 17 south Lodi, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7327059032

I called this company for a house lockout and was told #39.50 for service fee plus $15 and up and they told me they would be at my house within 25-30mins. 5 mins later i get a call back from a 1-800- number and someone named pablo said i would have to wait an hour for someone to be at my house. 2 hours later this dirty man shows up at my house and does not speak any english and tells me that the price is going to be $130. it took him 2 mins to do the job and i had to pay that much money and he ruined my door and told me he wouldnt fix it. i called the number to complain and someone named Lee told me he wouldnt fix it and its not their problem. I went down to the address written in google and it was a house and they said they arent a locksmith. Matawan Locksmith [protected]. so i looked up information and found out they are located in Lodi NJ under A Certified Locksmith. they are a fraud company and they are robbing people and going under fake names. A different time i called back they said their name was "Bobs Locksmith" the owner of the company is named Mike Stein, but iam not sure if that is even a real name. Another manger is named John Smith & Lee Jones.

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Lo
      9th of Oct, 2009

This company totally intimidated me and made me feel threatened!! I am a young woman, and I had never been locked out of my house before, so I called 411 and they connected me to these people. They said they would be there within 15 minutes, but 1 hour later, they were still not there. I called them again and told them I was going to call someone else and they said “No, I’m right down the street.” 45 minutes later an unmarked navy blue van pulls up and a foreign man gets out and says he is the locksmith. I brought him up into my condo unit, and he takes a look at my lock and I asked him how much it would cost to let me in. He said $200. I said then, “I don’t want you to let me in, I’ll call someone else.” The man told me that I need to pay him $40 dollars just for him to drive out. I told him I didn’t have the money, and he told me that he would drive me to an ATM. I had to lie and tell him I didn’t have an ATM card because I felt pretty scared and threatened at this point. I told him I had a credit card inside, and he reluctantly told me that he could take it, even though he doesn’t usually. He drilled a hole through my door and put a cheap doorknob in within 30 seconds. I gave him my card and he gave me my receipt. I called a couple of days later and complained, and ended up getting yelled at by their manager. I am still upset about it.

• Al
      25th of Aug, 2009

I had a similar experience. These guys used the alias "Bob's Locksmith, " and the manager's supposed name was "Mike Stein." When I tried calling back, they didn't know any "Mike Stein." BEWARE! Do not use anyone through "Certified Locksmith." Ask for an estimate in writing beforehand and get a receipt.

17th of Jul, 2010

Wow! I had no idea there were others! I am in a similar scenario. So many different names they toss at you (Josh, Alex, Gene, John) all with serious attitudes like we shouldn't be bothering them.

The guy showed up to my place and did the same thing, drilled out the lock, destroying it, and completed in less than 5 mins. $170 later I am trying to make my complaint and struggling with contacting anyone who matters or cares.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS!!!

Someone needs to inform 411 so they have these guys removed from the list. That is how I got in touch with them as well.

• Er
      9th of Feb, 2011

The experiences shared on this board are somewhat common with what I refer to as "fake locksmiths". There are people who know that an uninformed, intimidated, and often desperate customer will just cave in and pay the ridiculous price given to them, even if they recieve bad service.
    The best way to avoid this situation is to do a little homework BEFORE you need a locksmith. Visit the ALOA (Associated Locksmiths of America) website and search for a registered "real" locksmith in your area. When you call a locksmith, make sure that the name they give you on the phone matches the name in the ad (if using yellowpages). Get a firm bottom line price, a real locksmith will try (usually until you are tired of waiting) to pick a lock before he drills it.
    I am a locksmith, I am well aware of the bad name that I get from these "fake, gypsy locksmiths". It is only through informed consumers that we can discourage these crooks from taking advantage of good, trusting people. The real shame is that of all people, you should be able to trust a locksmith more than just about anyone, and these cheating, lying dirtbags are out there destroying that trust.

EricN. ----- Atlanta, GA.

1st of Oct, 2009

I had a good experience with this company. They gave me an estimate over the phone and explained that I wouldn't be charged for anything I didn't give approval for. The locksmith came to my house, diagnosed what needed to be done to my locks, and gave me prices for different types of security solutions. I chose the one most practical, and was satisfied with the service.

• Em
      5th of Jul, 2011

I requested the service of acertifiedlocksmith on July 1st, 2011. I was told on the phone that there will be a service charge of $25.00 and labor. So I asked how much does a typical labor cost and I was told around $85.00 on average. They told me a local agent will call me shortly. I gave my address to agent and he showed up 30 min later. It took him about 3 min to open the door. He told me the knob was bad and suggested to replace the knob. I was hesitant but he told me he'll cost me only $45.00 and labor charge, so I gave him the go ahead.
    Now that everything was done, it was time to get the bill. I was expecting something like $155.00(service call= 25, labor=$85 and door knob=$45.00). Comes to find out that my bill amounts to $239.00 before taxes! I could not believe. A closer look at the bill reveals a $169.00 charge for labor! I was told &85.00 on average and it took this guy 3 min to unlock it!
    I reluctantly paid the contractor and I was furious. when the contractor declined my check, they can only accept Cash, I ssupected I was doing business with a crooked company but It was already too late.
    I went online and google the company acertifiedlocksmith.com and found out I was not the only customer who was overcharged. It's a trend for that company to attract customers with low price on the phone, but once the job is completed they overcharge you. In my case, they double the original price I was told on the phone. When I called customer service to complain, they transfer me to this rude man. He did not even give me a chance to complain. He distances himself from the local contractor and claimed they had no control over the price. I was practically fighting to get a word in and I finally hung up on the jerk. I filed a complaint against them with BBB.

19th of Nov, 2014

###ing thieves no real price given. They tell you 29 plus 35 at the end its 150 they have no address claim they are mobile. dirty ### near rowlett, tx phone numbers used 972-262-4332 and 2145163101 beware