A+ Advisors / Bad service

301 US Highway 27Gladwin, MI, United States Review updated:

My sales person, Michael Shaw called me from A+ Advisors. He stated that "someone wanted to buy my timeshare". He assured me he would be "with me every step of the way." After reading what I assume was a fake BBB report showing a positive rating, and contracts stating I could have all my money back, paid the $1797. I told Mr Shaw I was a widow with 2 kids and that I didn't have money to throw around. Since they took my money in June, I have emailed, called, emailed, called, and heard NOTHING. I want my money back! On top of that, my property is not even LISTED on their site. So, they have done NO advertising.
Va

More A+ Advisors Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ja
  20th of Feb, 2009
The same exact thing has happen to me involving the same person Michael Shaw and I also noticed that my property was never listed. I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General Office in Florida - the complaint forms can be downloaded off their website.
Ap
  14th of Apr, 2009
Michael Shaw also called me saying that they had a meeting with a group that wanted to buy timeshares to put up their executives and made it sound like a slam dunk that they could sell my timeshare.
I paid them $595 and signed all the papers and actually had a couple of conversations with Michael Shaw but then nothing happened and he stopped answering the phone. The money was a small enough amount that a busy person like me is not going to take the time to go after him, but I'm hoping that the more bad press there is the less likely he'll be able to smooth talk others out of their hard earned money.
So
  15th of Jul, 2009
GOOD info.
Now they are advertising as RCI Management. I called RCI and they told me that they have no business relationship with this RCI Management With website: www.rcimgt.com; at the beginning RCI Management claimed they “managed RCI timeshares”… the nerve. I have received somewhat close to 10 calls from this company called RCI Management. They are in fact aplusadvisors or A+ Advisors, Inc.
Everything they told me sounded so simple and a quick way to do money. But when we got to the point that I said OK I want in what’s the next step he told me "I will send you a contract and I will need a payment of $795." We were back and forth with the price and he went down to $595. So I said OK. I asked "Do you accept Master Card?" He told me "No.. Only debit cards, checks, wire transfers or money orders..." So you see... They do not accept Credit Cards because this is all a scam. Once you pay them, you have no control, where as if you pay with Credit Cards, you have options.

Thank you for this info. I am clear now. Also Beware they are changing their advertising names.
Jc
  20th of Aug, 2009
I, too have just realized that I have been scammed by RCI Management. I spoke to a person named Maria Trillo. Same scenario, they already had somebody waiting to rent my timeshare for $3600 a week. I should get a check in 3 weeks. The sent papers and a check authorization for the fee of $999. When they said they did not accept credit cards, that should have tipped me off but they said everything I wanted to hear. I called RCI and they also told me that they are not affiliated with this company and that this is not the first time this inquiry came about. They must have somebody inside RCI providing them with names and information.

Beware! I don't think I'll ever see my $999 but I hope these people burn in hell.

Ray Mara
Re
  12th of Sep, 2009
Thank you all for this information. I just received the call from Maria today saying they already had someone waiting to rent my property for $2755.oo for the week. All I would have to do is authorize a check from my checking account or credit card account (check only) for $999.00 for a lifetime of services. The $999.00 is for a title search and rental permits. She went on to explain that none of this money which would go to this company. Their commission is paid by the renter in the amount of 6% of the rental agreement which was guaranteed because the renter has already submitted their deposit and their contract. But get this one. She said she thought it was good for me to be cautious because her parents were taken by several companies that ripped them off for over $4, 000. Therefore, she was very excited to go to work for RCI MGT because they are reputable. In fact, there are no statements online to say otherwise. She even read me the entire contract (s0 she said) over the phone. But as I was listening to her I was searching for this site. I knew there was something wrong.

In work and in play I live by this code-"All money is not good money". And this money seemed too easy to be true.

Thanks to you all, I was saved from the problems that many of you are going through. She will call me again on Monday and I will ask her to stop calling. Thanks again and God bless you all and grant you riches honestly.

Val in Virginia
Lc
  12th of Sep, 2009
Glad to have found this thread -- Naomi from "RCI Management" (she said it was a third-party rental company) called today to discuss "renting" our RCI points. The scam is that we would turn over our unused points, they would give them to someone to use to rent a resort. We would get all the $$ they paid to rent the resort. RCI Management would make 6% commission from the people renting the resort. We would "only" be responsible for the title search and rental permit. I put her off by saying that I had to talk to my husband -- I'm glad I found this thread. I figured it was a scam! Thanks!

Layne in Virginia
Do
  24th of Sep, 2009
Thanks to reading all your comments, about RCI Management, I have not been scammed out of any money, they tried to scam me out of $2100.00 saying they guarantee somone wanted to buy my time share in atlantic city, nj for a guaranteed price of $25, 000.00 dollars, and if the deal were to fall through after their 40 day wait, it would then be listed for an additional 180 days, with there personal guarantee my money would be refunded if the timeshare did not sell. Visit there website, and see the rest of their paid scam artist who make it look so inviting. They should all be arrested. Once again thanks to all the people who unfortunately were scammed I am not another victim.
...Dominick from NJ a former Pozi scheme victim of $50, 000.00 beware of the SB's out there, it could be your best friend or even a relative.
Bd
  28th of Oct, 2009
Reece called us yesterday from RCI Management with enough information about our timeshare along with our names and phone numbers that made the deal feel legitimate. He wanted to make a deal with our unused points so they could rent a resort in Acapulco for two weeks next month. He said the deposit was in place and we would receive the rental fee in thirty days. But when it came to Reece requesting $1100 (title search and rental permit?) thru a check by phone, it started to raise more questions. We asked to review a sample contract before committing. A legitimate firm would either net the proceeds or take credit cards. Even so, what could be in the contract that may give up more than your rights for just the one year rental. He was to email the sample and call us back the next day. Fortunately, this gave us time to find the scam posts.

But my feeling early on, if it feels too good to be true, do not do it.
Ja
  8th of Feb, 2010
What needs to be done is a class action lawsuit filed against Kantilall Dukhi, Jeff Tudesky and Keith Watkins. They are the ones registered who registered the company.

By the way, they are no longer doing business as RCI Management. As of January 26, 2010 they canceled their registration as a Corporation in the State of Florida.
Jo
  17th of Feb, 2010
Same guys are now World Points Management using worldpointsmgt.com

Same address as A+ in Orlando. Same scummy tactics.
St
  25th of Feb, 2010
My husband and I were taken as well. We heard the same as the above posts during our call- "We have someone interested in your property already, " and "it's a guaranteed sell"... Unfortunately, we were lulled into a false sense of trust since they knew much of our information and hid behind the RCI name (we have not had any issues with our timeshare company).

After not hearing from our rep- Lauren Taylor- for over a month now (we initially were able to speak to her after leaving messages 2 times and now are thrown in a generic mailbox and not gotten a call back), I decided to do some more in depth searching. Here is what I have found...

As noted, RCI's website is no longer functional. The telephone numbers we were provided either go to a generic mailbox or are disconnected. The fax number provided is the same as their newest alias- World Points Management. So again, these people have operated under the the names of "A+ Advisors, Inc., " RCI Manangement (this is the name that scammed us), " and most currently, "World Points Management."

They are noted on the Better Business Bureau website as not affiliated with the BBB and all of their monikers are listed under "A+ Advisors, Inc."- they have an "F" rating. The contact number is inoperable. I contacted both the Orange Co. and Orlando Police Departments and was told that the address listed is not valid. I too will be calling the Florida Attorney General and posting a complaint on the BBB website. I hope the information I've provided helps someone else avoid being taken advantage of by these awful people!
Ro
  17th of Mar, 2010
Not 10 minutes ago I got a call from Lauren Taylor... same exact thing as the above post: Worldmark... took over RCI a year ago... $35, 000 guaranteed... couple in Atlantic City ready to buy... $2, 400 deposit from them on-hand. They wanted $1, 900 right now which I wouldn't feel comfortable sending without getting a chance to read the paperwork and they were unable send us a copy of the contract to review first. She said we needed to act fast because she didn't want to keep the interested couple waiting... she claimed to have just sold a property like ours yesterday for $34, 500 and these clients had several properties already and were familiar with the process. She also mentioned that she had been with the company for 10 years so she too was experienced with selling properties like ours.
My husband got her number and extension and then asked me to search for reviews on the company and this is what I found... ugh!!!
I really do want to sell my timeshare - I've been searching around a little bit but don't have the time to really focus on it right now, and i definitely don't have the time to deal with being scammed. My property is paid for, I just don't use it.

Beware!
Ha
  24th of May, 2010
Hey, these [censor] are going by the name of "World Points Mgt" now. My mother-in-law received a call about her time share in Orlando and asked me to check it out for her. Thanks to all who have posted here for the confirmation of what I already felt in my bones a true.

The methodology is the same as I've seen in other comments ("people waiting, have deposit, Timeshare Owner pays a non-recurring Advertising Fee, Rental Permit, Title Search & Estoppel Letter: $1199.00 "). As I've seen in the comments before this, they only accept that payment via check or money order or phone transfer according to the contract they emailed her to have signed.

The trick to this and any other "too good to be true" is that they don't take a Credit Card payment. I work for the Credit Card Payment industry, so I know the rules on chargebacks and the immense amount of fraud checking that goes on before a company can accept credit cards. And if a company is taking large payments like this without offering that option, it's because they are a fraudulent company 99% of the time.