900-968-1875 / Unwanted continuous calls

Syracuse, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 900-968-1875
Incessant, unsolicited calls at least 5 to 10 times per day to my home phone. All hours of the day and night, 7 days a week. Will not allow you to call back; recording that "call cannot be completed as dialed". I have not answered any of the calls for fear of some type of sophisticated scam (i.e. allow caller to access my long distance capability). Please help !!!

Comments

Lo
  6th of Dec, 2007
This number keeps calling me as well!!! I finally answered and it was a foreign person on the other end, stating that I "qualified" for a loan. When I asked how he obtained my info, he replied that it came from "their affiliated websites", and refused to tell me which ones. I asked him to remove me from their call list and the idiot just hung up on me. When I tried calling the # back, it said that I couldn't dial the call...This is bull!!
Ts
  29th of Dec, 2007
i have received 17 calls in 24 hours from this number on my UNLISTED cell number. how do we make this stop???
Pa
  29th of Dec, 2007
I have been getting calls from this number about 8-10 times a day, every day for about 3 weeks now to my cell phone. I refuse to pick it up as I have heard stories about people getting charged for picking up phone calls from 900 numbers. I have no idea who are they are and they have never left a message. I am already on the Do Not Call Registry, how do I get these annoying, incessant calls to STOP??
Cr
  29th of Dec, 2007
I have been recieving several calls a day from a 818 456 1234 number that says my credit is falling. I blogged the number and found several complaints. I beleive "they" are getting our information from the loan dog that shops for the best rates. They are no doubt foreign due to the lag time in a response after answering. Very troubling that this is happening and nothing can be done. I have called the number back and response it that it is temporarily disconnected.
I think this is such a fraud ~ god forbid someone gets duped. Pss's me off
Sa
  31st of Dec, 2007
I too have been getting these calls every day at least 5 times a day now for over a week. I will not answer them due to the fact that they are a 900 number. Afraid of being charged for long distance from a foreign country. I wish there were a way that we could get them to stop. I have no intention of answering these calls so they might as well give up.

Sincerely, Sandra Duke
Bo
  31st of Dec, 2007
i have gotten 5 calls from 900-968-1875 in 20 minutes on my cell phone i havent answered it. im going to call my cell phone company and see if they can block. does anyone know who this is. Nothing like feeling harrassed. thanks
Fr
  3rd of Jan, 2008
This number calls me constantly and it's really starting to piss me off. Wehn i go to bed i can't turn off my phone because my mom is i'll and i need my phone on incase she needs me!!! But i'm tired of been woken up with back to bck calls from this freaken number!!!! 900-968-1875. Someone please help!! and i can't change my number.. That is not an option for me!!
Da
  5th of Jan, 2008
I GET ATLEAST 10 CALLS FROM THIS NUMBER ON MY CELL PHONE A DAY AND I DO NOT ANSWER IT BECAUSE I FELT THAT IT ALSO MIGHT BE A SCAM AND THAT I WOULD GET SOME OUTRAGES BILL FOR MY CELL PHONE.
Br
  5th of Jan, 2008
I have received several calls from this same # and I refuse to answer and they do not leave a message! This is a scam, and I am sure they are trying to get you to pay for something or pay for long distance or something! There must be a way to stop them!
Be
  8th of Jan, 2008
I'm glad I Googled the number before I answered the phone. I have been getting calls from this number for only 3 days now, but the calls are consistant through the day, same as the other complaints-no message is left. I also see that some complaints are on the cell number, mine is on my home phone which is also registered on the National Do Not Call list.
Ti
  9th of Jan, 2008
This number has called me several times before, but they were saying i was qualified for a Credit Card account, and they told me all my information, and I asked them how they got it and they claimed I told them, I would remember if I told them or not.
Am
  11th of Jan, 2008
They just started calling me also. I finally answered and nobody was there. I will be so mad if they call in the middle of the night as I have 2 young children. Please post if anyone knows how to block this call.
Sa
  11th of Jan, 2008
Who are these annoying idiots calling me from "900service"? 900-968-1875. I am not calling back because it's a 900 number. How can I get them to stop and leave us alone? They always call at the worst times of the day, such as baby nap time! AHH! Please email me at
Sarah
Ed
  24th of Jan, 2008
Annoying, I fixed it though. I wrote a Dialler Program in VB6, that looks at the caller id. If after answering, I discover that it is a solicitation or other annoying number I hit the . The program goes off hook to control the line, I hang up, and the program plays a whole bunch of numbers over the line, and then hangs up the phone. The next time they call, it recognizes the number and gives them the same treatment; I don't have to get involved. If I had more time to play with it, I would probably record the " Dooh Daah Dee THE NUMBER YOU HAVE DIALLED HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED OR IS NO LONGER IN SERVICE." and play that back to them instead. Isn't technology great.

Ed Bischoff
  30th of Jan, 2008
Mukesh Maloo is the guy's name that the www.homeownercreditrepair.com website is registered to according to Register.com. I Googled his name and Google Earthed the address listed. It is in West Bengal India, across the street from Rani Birla Collage (yes it says Collage not College).

Let's get a group rate on airfare to India and all pay Mukesh a visit. It's just down the street from Auckland Park and Rawdon Square.
  30th of Jan, 2008
Ahh, these guys operate out of Kolkata, which we refer to as Calcutta. That's a cheery place! Still, the international airport there is Netaji Subhash Airport at Dum Dum. Several major airlines fly in and out of there including British Airways. It is sounding more tempting the more I research this. Of course, I know that could just be where the guy is registered and he may be in Bangladesh or possibly hired out the telemarketers in another area of India.....but it's a start. Where's Dateline 20/20 when we need them?
  30th of Jan, 2008
Here is more info on these guys. Ariantsolutions.com is the telemarketer hired to make these calls. Here is their website: http://ariantsolutions.com/ . I just got another call and messed with the guy. I only said "mukesh maloo". He said "you speak english?" I said, "shakespeare surani". He said, "yes". I said, "Rani Birla" and he hung up. Mukesh Maloo is the guys name registered to HOME CREDIT. When I Google Map the address, it shows the street as Shaskespeare Surani or something and there is a college across the street called something like Rani Birla. Dude hung up fast. I guess that's a good job if you live in Calcutta (Kolkata).
Lo
  8th of Nov, 2008
I Googled the problem that I have had over the past two days: "unauthorized" caller keeps calling, lets it ring once, then hangs up. I went to Verizon Wireless' site to see if I could handle this problem, and lo, what do I find but an "Anonymous Caller Block" service for $4/month! Could it be that Verizon is trying to sell this service by calling customer numbers? Boy I sure hope not, but here's the service desciption from Verizon:
"Discourage anonymous calls.

Anonymous Call Rejection (ACR) allows you to reject calls from callers who have blocked the display of their telephone numbers from a Caller ID device. ACR discourages anonymous calls, since callers must allow their numbers to be displayed in order to reach you.

When you activate Anonymous Call Rejection, callers who have blocked the display of their numbers will hear an announcement telling them that you are not accepting blocked calls. They will be instructed to hang up, unblock their number and dial again if they wish to reach you.

You will hear a confirmation announcement whenever you activate or deactivate the Anonymous Call Rejection feature."

I sure do hate people!