9 to 5 Computer / Bad service

United States Review updated:
9 to 5 Computer
I ordered 10 SCSI HDD 2.1G on Feb the 3rd, for an obsolete piece of equipment that doesn't allow anything else but these specific drives (ST21S011 (Quantum Fireball ST, 2.1GB SCSI HDD) - they were listed as being in stock; I called 9 to 5 Comp. and they confirmed it. They also confirmed I can use a third party purchasing company, so the whole transaction went through this company (this is the way TI works, nothing I can do about). However, the order was placed in the first week of Feb. and after 3 weeks no answer; called the purchasing company who called 9 to 5 which said I'll receive my drives shortly... 1 month later still nothing; called several times, they didn't have the drives in stock. Repet, I was looking for this specific model: ST21S011... The payment (including shipping for all 10 drives) was, of course, sent at the time the order was placed. On April the 27th they are requesting $15 more... I don't know what for but we pay hoping that we'll receive the drives but... we need to pay $16 more for shipping!!! agreed, paid, and finally we got the pack on May the 3rd! which is ONLY 3 MONTHS FROM THE MOMENT THE ORDER WAS PLACED AND PAID. Another surprise when we opened the package: ONLY 4 DRIVES OUT OF TEN and ONLY ONE DRIVE OF THE SPECIFIED MODEL, THE REST BEING 2.1G SCSI BUT DIFFERENT MODELS.
This is my experience with this commpany and I don't understand how they are still in business...

A  3rd of Jul, 2010 by
This company is not professional in dealing business. Lots of RMA issues and they don't bother about long term business relationship.

What they care is close the first deal and let you complain what you want.

Avoid 9 to 5 Computer if you want to be treated like a customer.

A very unhappy customer after spending few thousands dollar to 9 to 5 Computer