86th Street Photo And Video / Fraud Bait and Switch

2845 86th stBrooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-815-2040
I just spoken (14 Nov 2008) to FBI Special Agent Balias in the Brooklyn, NY office of the FBI. He said to have anyone who has a problem with 86th St. Photo and Video to file a complaint against 86th St. Photo and Video at [protected] internet crime center - www.ic3.gov file you can file the complaint on line.

FBI Special Agent Balias said that if they get several people to file complaints the FBI will in start an investigation on 86th Street Photo and Video. FBI Special Agent Balias said personally he would like to do this one since they are just down the street from his office.

Let's put these pukes out of business!

My story is the same as everyone else's story. On the 11th of Nov 2008 I ordered a Canon 50D from 86th Street Photo and Video for $789.00 plus shipping for a total of $823.00. I got an email confirming the order at that time. Then on the 12th of Nov 2008 I got the same message everyone else had received about calling them to confirm the order. The short story is they sent me the email 30 seconds after I spoke to Brian, telling me my order had been backordered. I spoke to AmEX and will be getting another account because of this.

Help everyone and file a report with the FBI at the address listed above so we can stop these people.

Al Berger
Spokane, WA
Al

Comments

Rc
  25th of Nov, 2008
After receiving my confirmation email with no way to verify my order, I googled the company and found they were a scam. Naturally, I called 86th Street Photo & Video to cancel my order, which took about 20 minutes of being transferred around. I reordered my camera from what appeared to be a reputable company (digitalmegastore)...they had hundreds of great reviews on Nextag...but when I got another call from "Steve" about my order, I quickly canceled again...it was the SAME "Steve" from 86th Street Photo & Video. BEWARE!!!
La
  21st of Jan, 2009
I placed an order with 86th photo and video based on information I found on their website. They sent an e-mail stating that I would have to call them and verify my order. What they wanted to tell me was that the things listed on the web that would be included with my order wasn't going to be there.

The man explained that a battery charger would not be included. I decided to place my order anyway and get the charger at a much cheaper price from someone else. I was then told that my order would be canceled, my order could not be placed if I did not order the charger form them.

I think that it is false advertising for the company to not include the things it says it will include on its website.