86PhotoVideo.com / Cannon 720 IS / Bait and switch!

1 St Augustine, FL, United States Review updated:

Unfortunately, I didn't find this until after ordering from this scam artists. Same story. Found Cannon 720-IS at a good price. Placed an order. Confirmed that everything is ok, but a few days later got an email to call in and confirm the order. Immediately was asked to buy the batteries but when I told them these are just regular AA and I got plenty of them my camera somehow became "unavailable" for 3-4 weeks or longer. When I called to canceled the order the person who I spoke with was very short with me. This is definitely a "Bait and Switch" operation so everybody should stay away. Buy the way I got the same camera for $10 more from Buydig.com and received 3 days after ordering.

Al

Comments

• Ro
      12th of Mar, 2008

My experience is the exact same as outlined. Placed an order based on a below market price, then received an email requesting that credit card information be confirmed. At that point there is a hard sell by the sales representative to buy accessories - extended battery, memory, charger, etc. The prices quoted for these item on the web site are inflated, with no reference to manufacture or product specification making it impossible to verify pricing. They list free upgraded shipping if one or more accessories are purched, however, they end up billing for upgraded service. There invoice list not prices for the items purchased, when you attempt to return any item they say that it was a 'package' deal and only the entire order can be returned with a 20% restocking charge. They will do everything possible not to accept a return without paying the restocking charge. The accessories that are shipped can be found at a fraction of their cost on numerious other websites. This business is one to avoid at all costs.

• Br
      23rd of Mar, 2008

Totally phoney outfit. I placed an order for a Garmin GPS at a really nice price. When I got an email asking me to 'confirm my order', I did a google search and found all kinds of complaints. I then put in a cancel of my order using their website.

A few hours later, I received a call which I believe was to be the 'dreaded' sales call. I told the gal I had canceled my order because of all of the complaints. "Where did you hear the complaints?" I said on the web.

That was all it took... She hung up.

• Me