86PhotoVideo.com / Scam artists

Just like other people, I ordered a Garmin Nuvi which showed as in stock and would ship in 1-2 days. I even got a confirmation E-mail right after ordering. The price on the garmin was about 90-100 less than everyone else.

Then I got a another one a day later asking me to call them back to confirm the order, since there was a problem.
Then they tried to sell me a battery and accessory kits when I called. A short while later, I received another e-mail advising that the item was out of stock, on back order, and it would probably be in stock again and shipped in 3 or 4 weeks.

I have not been charged yet, but we'll see. I think they give low prices trying to make it back up with accessories and batteries. If you don't buy that stuff, then they won't honor their pricing by putting you on continual backorder. I will be filing with BBB.

St

Comments

• Ge
      7th of Aug, 2009
    86PhotoVideo.com - Scam alert
    86photovideo.com

I cancelled my order for a gps. When I called your store in Brooklyn, I was told the gps was in stock at a higher price, but for my online order at a lower price, it was not and would take 3-4 weeks until it came in again. Apparently, this situation happened because I did not want any additional equiptment.

• Mi
      4th of Jan, 2010
    86PhotoVideo.com - Horrible company
    86PhotoVideo.com
    86photovideo.com

This is a horrible company. They lie and say anything to get you to buy additional unnessary items if you don't then your order is backordered and then cancelled. Do your research so that you don't agree to purchase things you don't need. They are horrible, horrible.