86PhotoVideo.com / Fraud and cheating

I ordered an item from this company about 8 months ago and was very excited to recieve my item which I thought I purchased at a great price. I then received an email stating that the item was out of stock and as soon as they received more they would charge my account and ship. I waited and eight months later the item was never charged or received.

I then decided maybe they did not receive more so I will order a different product since their prices are so good. I ordered a similar product and received an email stating I needed to contact them so they can process my order.

I was thinking they needed to verify my identity and order (which has happened before) so I called only to have the representative (who after hesitating claimed his name was 'Bobby') try to convince me to buy several other items I did not need and that I could find much cheaper elsewhere.

Once I refused anything he tried selling he gave me an 'I don't care' attitude and brushed me off. I canceled my order and asked how he could not care his company was losing a customer and with the same attitude he said 'No Comment' almost as if he was laughing.

I called back and asked to speak with a manager who claimed his name was 'Manny' and that he would look into it yet he also had the same brush off attitude and did not answer the phone as if he was a manager (he answered as if he was another sales representative because that was the line I called and he did not transfer me to anyone- he said 'I am the manager too') then he hung up on me. I decided to look up a way to report them and found other stories that described my experience with them to a T so I know all these people are telling the truth.

I have the emails to back up my report and will be using it all to report them. I suggest people be careful in dealing with them (I know it is impossible to get everyone to not deal with them because the bait is that good) but if you do please report them because this is obviously a scam they put together to try to get your information and try to sell you other items. I have since called my bank and reported it as well as put an alert on my credit report just in case.

I now realize why the guys had such an 'I don't care' attitude and I believe it is because they are not losing customers- that is impossible when you have a fake business.

Va

Comments

• Ba
      26th of Jan, 2009

I was so excited to be able to order a digital camera, so like most people do, I searched and searched to find the cheapest site when I found 86photovideo.com. I was surprised when I saw how low the price was, almost half from other retailers. I placed my order and the day after I wanted to check on my order and see if it had finished processing. I called them and when they picked up the person on the phone rudely said 'how may i help you' and i responded by saying 'I'm calling to check on an order' and as soon as i said that he hung up. I then googled 86photovideo.com and found many responses like this one where people complain about the company. Thats what I should have done before ordering and suggest you do with your next purchase from a site not known so well. After I looked on the web I called again and waited more than twenty minutes and right when the estimated time left was 4 minutes, a machine said to call back within the normal customer services hours. The funny part about that was that I called on a Monday at 1 pm and their hours are monday through Thursday from 10 to 5 and the call finished. I'm at the moment waiting for customer service and if they do not pick up I'm going to change my credit card number. Do NOT buy from them. If it sounds too good to be true remember it always is.

• As
      3rd of Jun, 2009

i call two times just hang up ... ithink this company is fake, one guys hang up 2 times, i just ask about shipping, and information about camera digital ...ithink this company very very fake!

• Mi
      10th of Aug, 2016
    86PhotoVideo.com - Completely disgusted
    86PhotoVideo.com
    86photovideo.com

I am completely discusted with the service that 86photovideo provides. First I ordered this camera because it was listed as instock and able to ship in 2 business days. Find out a week later that it is back ordered. What really bothers me is that I left an email address and a phone number and a message saying I need this with-in 2 weeks because it is a gift, and if any problems please notify me. Well, the only notification I got was an email saying call to confirm order. Unfortunately I was out of town for work that week and was unable to check my email until Friday which by then was too late because the store was already closed until Sunday. When I called on Sunday the person who answered the phone wouldn't even tell me his name, didn't care that I was concerened about the order I had made, and got irritated with me when I asked to cancel my order after I found out from him that it is back ordered. By far this has been the biggest waste of my time. I am dissappointed at the false advertisement, rude service, and the lack of enthusiasim to contact the customer and make the sale. Hint, Hint, if there is a phone number, call them!!! Trust me when I say I am seriously dissappointed, and will let any one and every one know that this company is a complete waste of time to order from.