86photovideo / Please do not order anything from 86photovideo.com

United States Review updated:

I have ordered two cameras on website 86photovideo.com. The order has been placed successfully & they have provided me the order number. After two days, they sent me an email mentioning that the order has been cancelled & Credit card amount has not been charged on my card. I called them up & enquired about this. Customer care rep. Jason told me that the item is OUT OF STOCK, so the order is cancelled. But, I have informed Customer Care that I am still able to see the item available in their website with "Usually Ships in 24-48 hours" tag. You can yourself test this by ordering at this website for any low priced camera. In my case, I have ordered for (Canon PowerShot SD990 IS Digital ELPH Digital Camera (Black)). I am completely disappointed when the Customer care representative talked to me rudely for no reasons. It seems that if you order & it gets cancelled. I have lodge this as a complaint in the interest of the people who can get cheated in this manner. Hope the information provided by me will be useful.

Comments

New York
New York
Phone: 1-800-815-2040
www.86photovideo.com

I ordered a product that was presented as "in stock". Shortly after refusing to buy any accessories with the product I received and email that it wansn't in stock and to wait 2-3. After the time passed I received another email saying it wouldn't be in stock for several more weeks. I phoned in and was told it wouldn't be in stock for several more weeks. I called back and ordered the product and an over priced accessory and was told it would ship next day for delivery in 3-5 days guaranteed. After I called back and exposed their false advertising/bait and switch scheme they notified me via email all orders were cancelled.
Ro
  23rd of Jun, 2009

86photovideo - English is extra???
86photovideo
86photovideo.com

My wife tried to order a new digital camera and found it for $100 less on this site. She ordered it and a few days later they called her to tell her that she forgot to order an extra batery & bag etc... She told them that was not needed and to process the order for the camera. next day she recieved an email "confirming" that the order had been canceled. She called right back to tell them that the order was not canceled and she wanted it still. They still insisted that the camera batery would only work for 20 minutes and that she had to buy an extra battery for $200 (the camera they sold was listed for $114). She said no again on the extra batery. We waited for another week, still no camera & still no action on the credit card indicating that they were going to process the order. She went on line and the cost of the camera had jumped to over $200. They called again for a 3rd time to confirm her order that she did not want an extra batery, did not want a case did not want it in silver. And finally, this is the best part, you will not believe this, they wanted to confirm that she wanted the camera in English & not Japanese. To have the camera labeled in english now cost over $250, but the Japanese labeled camera still only cost $114.

She had enough and finally canceled the order. It seems that these people are trying harder not to sell cameras than they are to sell them.