86 street photo video / selling practices

1 Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:

these people are scammers. they have no intent of selling any camera or other electronic device without trying to sell you a "discounted package", which puts the price up over any reasonable price one would pay.

plus, once they have your card number, they refuse to cancel your order, and put it through anyway.

I am currently working with my credit card company to contest the purchase, but don't think I can win.

don't work with this company unless it is to testify against them in a court of law.

Da

Comments

12th of Jan, 2009

YOUR RIGHT. I had an order on a camera for 5 days. On day 4, I called to check on the progress. I talked to a salesman he said there was no problem with the order. He did try to sell me everything but the kitchen sink at inflated prices, Which I declined. Today I called trying to change shipping method and was told the camera was backordered for 6 to 8 weeks.
    KIND OF STRANGE don't you think.

• Mc
      21st of Jan, 2009

I just had an email stating the camera I ordered was no longer in stock . this was after i said no to their over priced batteries etc. Stay away from them!!!

• Mc
      21st of Jan, 2009

Stay away from this company. After stating I did not need any of their over priced batteries, etc, I got an email stating that the camera was no longer in stock. STAY AWAY THIS COMPANY IS A COMPLETE SCAM!

• Ho
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I have been watching 86photoandvideo.com, and was really surpised to see how much lower they are than everyone else, by $200 on midline DSLR. I was about to pull the trigger tonight when I caught this complaint.

I also was tracking the price of one camera over the last 2 weeks and noticed that the price was changed almost daily, and swung about $100 in either direction, this made no sense to me.

Then I did a little searching on about 5 different "price comparison engines" and noticed that always at the top of each one was 86photo, and always undercut the others by $200. it does not matter which model.

They use this trick to get their logo on top of the price comparison engines, but they have no intention of selling the cameras at this price.

Thank you guys, you have done me a good service.