85015 / taking money from my mobile phone

United States Review updated:
i toped my mobile phone up and i got text message from 85015 no wen i checked my balance the 5 pounds wat i had put on was taken off i did not ask for this after ringing orange network i got no i rang them thay said go on line to ask for refund i cant find them at 85015 so i have lost my money to some random picked nos by them

Comments

11th of Nov, 2008
Hi, so how did you cope up with this? I have the same problem.. :(
  11th of Nov, 2008
Hi there,
I have the same problem... What did u do to unsubscribe of this SMS... ?
To
  20th of Nov, 2008
I'm the victim too. Just send text "stop" to 85015, then u unsubscribe of this SMS.
Ro
  2nd of Feb, 2009
Keep getting messages from this number costing me money. Will not stop sending when I said STOP
  16th of Feb, 2009
Hi there
I have had the same problem, they just text me with a question and it cost me over a fiver and I didn't even reply. How do I stop it please.
Ja
  16th of Feb, 2009
You have to send them a sms with the word "stop" or "cancel" to the short code 85015. They should reply with a confirmation text stating you have unsubscribed. As well You need to call your phone service provider for they also carry a special tool needed to block all "premium text messages" as they are called. A refund is something I have yet to see from company's like these, for I work at a call center. Your best bet is to bring it up to the phone provider and may sympathise with you and may provide an adjustment.
Ka
  7th of Mar, 2009
I have the same problem. they charged me 」26 a month last month&this month. i thought that cost is i texted my boyfriend in Thailand on a holiday. i got the same same bill again this month. then, i realised something wrong... this is all bollocks! i texted 85015 ''STOP". actually, no answer at all. i am not sure if they stop their stupid service or i will get the extra 」26 bill again next month!!! i am so angry& very scared too...
Ka
  7th of Mar, 2009
P.S i rang up my mob company and they told me the text company's number. it's 0203 0262 817. it's called M Blocks Limited or something like that. the conversation with my mob company customer operator was so smooth. it was like he often speak comsumers about this problem. i didn't need to explain my situation at all. i just told him the number 85015. then, he knew what' going on with me straight away!!!

i rang up the number and the company is actually in US. the operator stopped the service and i asked him if i can get refound. he will pass down my infos to a financial department&they will e-mail me in a few days.

good luck you guys...
An
  16th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Hi I had the same problem.. I did not realise this until I changed my Plan to pay and go.. when i typed 'STOP' and replied to 85015. I got a confirmation that I am unsubscribed..hopefully this works...
Jo
  23rd of Apr, 2009
I would like to stop any infomratoin being recieved from 85015 as I haven't requested it and it is costing a lot of money

joeaskham1969@yahoo.co.uk
St
  4th of May, 2009
hi all as everione i have the seme problem and i had send this stop sms many times but nothing is happening they come back really dont know what to do with this
Wk
  18th of May, 2009
I am having the same problem, i have no idea how they have got my number and have still been receiving txt msgs AFTER i txt STOP back, I have spoken to both my network provider (o2, who are unable to block the number) & the telephone regulatory services, who informed me the company name is: 2 Way Traffic. They are currently under investigation for this.

Their are 2 London numbers to call to unsubscribe:
0203 0262 817
0203 3938 495

Hope these are of help for you.
Wk
  18th of May, 2009
Further to that, make sure you speak to an advisor rather than going for the unsubscribe option because they actually send you another text meeage confirming you have unsubscribed of which they charge you again for. Infuriating.

I would also strongly advise that you call the regulatory services free on 0800 500 212 as they will take your details and as this company is being investigated they will keep you updated of courses of action taken against the company of which they are hopeful that all moneys be reimbursed to customers who have been charged after attempting to stop the service.

Good Luck!
Pe
  12th of Jun, 2009
I spoke to to O2 after getting two charges for sending STOP to this number on the same date to 85015.
I explained that I had never asked for a ringtone, I just don't do ringtones, I have enough ringtones on my iPhone to keep me happy.
They refunded the £10 of costs onto my phone bill.
Well done 02. They also advised that they would take my number of the third party marketing lists that I most definitely didn't subscribe to in the first place.
Ju
  27th of Jul, 2009
My sister in law didnt realise she was being charged for these texts until her mobile company restricted her line when she reached her credit limit. She swears that she never signed up for anything & by most of the messages here, that may be true as it seems they send it unsolicited, i have requested the mobile company put a block on premium rate texts being recieved so i will see if they do, otherwise we will all leave & go elsewhere.
Ab
  6th of Oct, 2009
i am the new vitcim for this premium number service
last month they charged me 3 times

what shall i do to stop this
is o2 is of any help if i complain
whom should i complain regarding this
please let me know
thanks
Da
  19th of Nov, 2009
M Blox have taken £5 from my mobile account with orange, I only discovered this because I had recently put some money on my account and 10 days later was being warned that my balance was low, I queried this with Orange who then advised me that M Blox had taken this money. I have since spoken to M blox 02030262817, bit like a brick wall, but they won't take money off me again, because I will keep my balance below £5. I have also unsubscibed, but am not aware that I have been charged for this as yet! It is to my mind legalised robbery, and I have told M Blox that I will ensure that I spread the news about how they steal from people.