7-eleven Store #26998 North Hollywood, CA. / theft/overcharged

1 North Hollywood, CA, United States Review updated:

On 9.25.2010 the franchise owner of the 7-Eleven, Store #26998 @ 12450 A Burbank Blvd. in North Hollywood, CA., [protected], phone number on receipt is [protected], intentionally over charged me because I had a couple of coupons for $1.50 off each for any style of Marlboro cigarettes. The price displayed in giant numbers on the front door & on the cigarette shelf was $4.99 and on my receipt which I still have, I was charged $5.79 less the coupon amount. I brought this to his attention and he stated that since I was using a coupon for $1.50, I could not get the posted price. I frequent that store often, but I cannot believe that the owner would intentionally cheat, steal, illegally over charge me just because I had a coupon. That is the lowest scam/theft that a franchise owner could commit. And still look me in the eye and tell me that he can do that. I think that I will also contact North Hollywood Police Dept. and the 7-Eleven Franchise Corp. & Marlboro Corp. & Los Angeles County Department of Weights and Measures. I have used cigarette coupons in that store before, but always when a clerk was handling the transaction. Oh yes I forgot, the owner also told me that I could not use the coupon if I purchased the pack of Marlboro's that had the manufacture markings showing $1.00 off on the package. All this concerns only the one brand that pertained to the coupon (Marlboro) that was sent to me from Marlboro for my birthday. Each least Marlboro was nice enough to send me 3 coupons for $1.50 off each. Too bad I was robbed by the store franchise owner. What a very nice birthday gesture. Yea this transaction was for 2 packs and I presented the owner with 2 coupons for $1.50 off each. I got double screwed out of my birthday gift from Marlboro. I know for a fact that this person is the owner; because I asked him and he stated yes he was. He rarely works the front counter unless he has an employee shortage. How can a person feel that he can do this to someone and know that he can get away with it yet not feel bad when confronted, or at least admit that he stole from me right in front of my eyes?

7-eleven Store #26998 North Hollywood, CA.

Comments

• Di
      28th of Sep, 2010

I guess Stealth Pilot forgot to put batteries in his cockpit calculator.
    Any 3rd grader can figure out you were duped out of 0.80¢ on each pack of smokes.
    ($5.79 - $4.99 = 0.80¢ x 2 = $1.60)
    I wonder what the Stealth Pilot was smoking?
    Well Chief Grey Wolf you should be aware by now that the Native Americans have been duped, screwed, lied to, etc. ever since the immigrants discovered this country many hundreds of years ago.
    Good Luck & Happy Trails,
    Ya ta hay~

28th of Sep, 2010

This is a follow-up to my original post.
    1. First let me clarify, the $4.99 is not any type of special price, discount price or sale price, $4.99 is the standard everyday price, excluding taxes.
    2. On the back of the coupon is printed: TERMS OF COUPON OFFER – CONSUMER: Limit one coupon per pack or carton purchased, except when used in combination with on-pack or on-carton coupon.

Today 9/28/2010 @ 3:02pm I received a call from District Franchise Director who stated the store franchise owner was contacted concerning the complaint I submitted to 7-Eleven Corporate Offices and I was advised that a mistake was made and brought to the attention of personal involved and that should not happen again. The underlying intention for the mistake is unknown but possibly some type of misunderstanding? 7-Eleven Corporate Director stated that he is thankful that the problem was brought to their attention so that it may be addressed and corrected. And for any inconvenience that may have resulted from this transaction, I will be compensated with 7-Eleven gift cards. I told the Director I did not expect any type of compensation, only that I was extremely concerned about what had transpired and I was not going to let this go unreported, as I believe the majority of customers would probably not give it another thought and just “blow it off”. I’m really impressed that the Director took time to contact me and I told him I really appreciated this follow-up from Corporate and as far as I am concerned the problem has been documented and closed.
    "Oh thank heaven for 7-Eleven"
    Just remember the next time you are taken advantage of, either by mistake or intentionally, stand-up for what you believe is right. Too many people now days just let the world roll over them without speaking up. This great country of America was not built by wimps.