7-11 (Stinky sign North St) / price gouging on soda refills

1 Slightly west of Stinky & North StAnderson, CA, United States Review updated:

I walked into the 7-11 as I have been for years getting a product I am sure most people have purchased on a regular basis. A soda refill.

What is a soda refill?

Thank you for asking. It's when you REUSE the SAME cup you originally bought NEW at 7-11, to REFILL it with your favorite soda.

On the side of any fountain soda station, are the prices for the various sizes, NEW and then on the bottom, it states the 2 prices for refills of same sizes.

I don't know what possesses a company like 7-11 to give a price break to a refill size that they don't even have, let alone charge more for refilling their largest cup (64oz)!!!

Tonight...I paid $1.49 for a REFILL of Pepsi.

The price if I'd been buying that same thing NEW? $1.59.

Where is the logic in this, when they only charge 99 cents for any refill upto 53oz...7-11 doesn't HAVE a 53oz cup. Just 16, 24, 32, 44 and 64oz sizes.

Where is the company losing money or needing to penalize us for keeping our 64oz'ers and bringing them in for a refill on a regular basis?

Are there customers out there that are making runs on all 7-11's with their 100 to 200oz gigantor mammoth cups that look so big you could club a baby seal with it and not miss?

I don't get it.

Anywhere I go, I have never paid 10 cents less for a refill what I would have been charged for a new drink.

Even when I mentioned the fact to the ### at the counter, she just said, "That's the way it is!"

OMG...she came so close to getting wet.

Write 7-11 Corporate if you feel disenfranchised by this.

There are too many other things they could get away with charging more for...like Slurpees and coffee and their God awful donuts.

To

Comments

11th of Aug, 2009

PLEASE give me some way of contacting 7-11

• St
      22nd of Oct, 2009

The small refill price (99c) is for anything under 64oz (Not including 64oz), 64 oz and up is a large refill. Meaning that you can fill up one of the tire mugs or larger for $1.49. Sure it sucks for people that are just at 64oz, but at least they don't charge cup price for extra cups.
    And even though 7-11 doesn't have a 53oz cup doesn't mean that people don't bring in cups that are that size.

To contact 7-11 go to the website CONTACT US, you can do it by e-mail or there's a number.

Customer Relations:
    Dallas, TX 75221
    Phone: 800-255-0711

• Yo
      24th of Oct, 2009

they just do this to make sure their customers keep coming back. Ten cents doesn't mean anything if they can get you to comeback every time you want a soda. They mark it up ridiculously anyways.

• Jp
      11th of Jul, 2011

Funny that I just stumbled across this. I'm in 7-11 at least twice a day, and often times more all over Dallas Texas. Of the 11 stores I typically visit I always get the same thing...a refill of the "double gulp" with iced tea. I'm ALWAYS charged the same thing in every store...99 cents. I will tend to keep two or three of the empty cups in the truck just for that reason. Today I randomly stopped at a store I've never been to before and got my refill and went to the counter, handed the clerk my dollar and change and he looked at me crossly. He said "refills are $1.53 so this isn't enough". I politely explained the price I'd been charged everywhere else and he essentially proceeded to imply that I was lying to him. He said the corporate offices set the same prices for the refills at every location and what I was telling him was impossible. I told him I'd be calling myself to find out. He said sarcastically " good... you should go do that". Well I've done a little research on the issue and he was actually the one lying about the issue. It appears that the stores are franchised out and the particular franchise owner is allowed to set certain prices as he chooses. So it is up to the owners discretion from what I gather at this point. Bummer, I know which location I definitely WON'T be revisiting again.

• Cu
      22nd of Aug, 2014

7-11 on 620 S Fort Hood St, Killeen, TX 76541, has 52oz refills for .89 and 53oz for $1.29 listed on their soda fountain machine. Since 2012, Double Gulps have been 50oz. When the clerk tried to charge me 1.29 for my double gulp refill, I tried to explain this to the clerk. Her reply was, that her manager told her to charge that much. So basically they know they are over charging the customers and don't care about the customer. Is this is a classic case of defrauding 100s or even 1000s of customers or false advertisement?