6th ave electronics / COMPLAINTS

1 701 Route 440 SouthJersey CityNJ 07304, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-201-839-6133

sent the following complaint to 6th ave electronics thro their feedback email id : COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_75520#

------
Hi,
i happened to visit the 6th ave store at the following address :

Jersey City
701 Route 440 South
Jersey City, N.J. 07304
Phone: [protected]

i went there on 1st MARCH 2009, about 3 pm.

i wanted to get a portable dvd player. i was disappointed with the service at this store.

first, the representative was talking on his phone and wouldnt pay attention to me standing and awaiting assistance.

finally when he wanted to serve me. he would nt even come to the display panel that had the dvd players. i had to run back and forth between the displays and to him. he was just sitting and staring at his computer a few feet away.

he would nt know the models, and said only the black dvd player was available. there were 4 dvd player displayed in top row from 69$ to 99$. he had in stock only the 99$ audiovox model.

i said there are all these dvds displayed and only one is available in stock, he says well we got all the models below...which were priced high $129 and up.

he would nt even look at me and talk. had this smirk on his face.

i walked out of the store. i felt that the person was being mean. how come you 6th ave can win customers if they dont have what they advertise and have arrogent staff ?

Simon.

Si

Comments

• Je
      13th of Mar, 2009
    6th ave electronics - 6ave electronics falsee advertising and price ripoff
    331 Route 4 West
    Paramus
    New Jersey
    Phone: 201-489-0666
    6ave.com

Do not believe these guys. They are frauds. They do not have the items, they say they have. Requires many calls .I reached a rude person Damiano Amato sale #3491, who was not very helpful. I will not shop here any more.

• Di
      8th of Jun, 2009
    6th ave electronics - passing off used TV as new
    6th ave electronics
    New Jersey

i bought a toshiba lcd TV in store. when they brought out the box i had the box opened and the TV turned out to be used. it had scratches on it and crusty stuff caked on. they tried t convince me that it was new. very shady sales people, would not trust them. never going to shop there again

22nd of Sep, 2009

I brought a HP 65 inch tv for roughly 4, 000 dollars form 6th Ave. about 4years ago, two years into owning the set the bulb quit! Of course i purchased the required warrantee right???? Nooooooooo! It ended up costing me more money to upgrade to the warrantee that covers the bulb! Ok so this was fixed! One year later the tv 's picture is screwed up again. This time it takes them weeks to just get here, never mind anserwing the phones! So when they do arrive, they try to tell me it's my cable company, , , NOT, as i have 7 more tv's that work just great! Ok, 3 more weeks go by, , , , , , , no ans. finally when i did get through, they let me know that they could not find the part i needed! So they informed me that they going to replace my 4, 000 dollar set with a 1300 dollar set, , oh hell to the naw! COme to fine out the tv they wanted to give me is no longer availible for purchase, hmmmm wonder where this tv was coming from, , , , refurbished ! Can you belive this! The warrantee alone cost me almost a 1000!

• Ni
      25th of Feb, 2010

I was a customer of 6th Ave until I was double charged and still have yet to see a
    credit on my account.
    I think the store on 4130 Concord Pike Wilmington, DE has a
    terrible sales team and customer support also.
    I don't understand why it would take so long to identify the mistake when you can look up the registers previous purchases and seen that my card was ran through twice. I am not sure if there is something illegal going on there, but it makes me wonder. I have not had any money because you have overdrawn my account!
    I will NOT recommend this store to anybody, because I have not been reimbursed
    or had any compensation for all that I'm going through.
    Nina

• Lu
      9th of Dec, 2010
    6th ave electronics - Stay away
    6th Ave Electronics

I purchased a TV from this vendor on 9/4/2010 date, along with the optional extended coverage warranty. After 34 days, the TV failed and would not power on. I called the store for an exchange, but was denied. I was told by 6th Ave that I had to contact the manufacturer because it was within the original manufacturer warranty period. The TV was picked up on Oct 26th. After waiting for 6 weeks, I contacted 6th Ave to get a status. At this time, the TV was in for service longer than I owned it. I was told by 6th ave that there was a mistake on their part, and I should have called their service company instead. The broken TV was returned to my home and I called 6th Ave again to ask for a replacement because of the time I have been without the unit. I was then told I had to create another service call, and it may be several more weeks before I can get my TV back and repaired again. Even though I purchased an additional extended warranty, I have not been able to have my TV fixed for nearly 7 weeks, with no ETA on the repair. This was a brand new unit, with an extended warranty. If 6th Ave had given me correct information from the beginning, there is a chance I would have my TV fixed already. As of now, I have no status, a broken TV, an making payments on a broken TV, and they will not assist me in any way

14th of May, 2011
    6th ave electronics - False Advertising
    Smithtown
    New York
    Phone: 631-265-2310

Advertised Inventory Clearance in newspaper for 55" LCD television. Called the store and was told there were three in stock. Arrived there in ten minutes and was told there was only one floor model available...was definitely misled. Then they were trying to sell full priced items. The false advertised listing is to get you into the store...buyer beware. Untruthful salespeople...untruthful business!!

• Di
      6th of Jul, 2011

Awful customer service in store and with repair shop service. We had our LG T.V. worked on but when it was returned to our home, the base had shoe prints and scratches on the base and frame of the TV. We had the TV taken back to have the damages taken care of on 6/13/2011. Parts ordered were suppose to arrive on 6/22/2011 to store and as of July 6, 2011, nothing has been fixed. Kept getting the same runaway from the service department stating waiting for LG to send them the parts. It clearly states on their work order that parts ordered from manufacturer is estimated 7-10 business days. It has gone beyond that now. No one can say what the hold up is and their response to this is; keep calling back and check in. Who has the time to keep calling back? Is this how you treat consumers who purchase items at your store? When you do call, they don't want to help and try to rush you off the phone. Must be nice to sit there and say the same thing over and over again and getting paid for doing NOTHING. We're so fed up. I had to call LG myself to see if they can help me. At least customer service rep with LG tried to help me by calling sixth ave electronics and of course, they would not pick up their phone. What great service. Lesson: No matter what great deals Sixth Ave Electronics are promoting, never buy from them. You will not get service when something goes wrong with you purchase. They're only good at taking your money at the beginning.