6Figure Consulting / Internet fraud

1 4760 South Highland DriveSalt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 801-944-0838

They are a new branch of Thrive Learning Institute.
They use high pressure to get you signed up. They sell the same service for different prices. Whatever they think the person can afford. They do not inform you of any type of cancellation policy. They refuse to talk about any type of refunds. They have your money and you can't get it back. It is on a credit card and you are responsible for paying it off. If you contact them, they try to intimidate you and threaten you.
Six Figure Consulting is in violation of
13‑26‑11. Prohibited practices.
(1) It is unlawful for any solicitor:
(c) to make or cause to be made any untrue material statement, or fail to disclose a material fact necessary to make any statement made not misleading, whether in connection with a telephone solicitation or a filing with the division;
(d) to make or authorize the making of any misrepresentation about its compliance with this chapter to any prospective or actual purchaser;
(e) to fail to refund within 30 days any amount due a purchaser who exercises the right to cancel under Section 13‑26‑5; or
(f) to fail to orally advise a purchaser of the purchaser's right to cancel under Section 13‑26‑5 unless the solicitor is exempt under Section 13‑26‑4.
They make unsolicited phone calls and offer high monthly income from internet sales. They use a pressured sales calls and want a commitment on first phone call.
They do not disclose a purchaser of the purchaser's right to cancel under Section 13‑26‑5
13-26-5. Right of rescission -- Cancellation.
(1) (a) Except as provided in Subsections (1)(b) and (c), in addition to any right to otherwise revoke an offer, a person making a purchase from a telephone soliciting business required to be registered under this chapter may cancel the sale up to midnight of the third business day after the receipt of the merchandise or premium, whichever is later, provided the solicitor advises the purchaser of his cancellation rights under this chapter at the time any solicitation is made.
(b) If the solicitor required to be registered under this chapter fails to orally advise a purchaser of the right to cancel under this section at the time of any solicitation, the purchaser's right to cancel shall be extended to 90 days.
(c) If the solicitor required to be registered under this chapter fails to orally advise a purchaser of his true name, telephone number, and complete street address at the time of any solicitation, the purchaser may cancel the sale at any time.
(2) Sales shall be cancelled by mailing a notice of cancellation to the telephone solicitor's correct street address, postage prepaid. If the telephone solicitor provided no correct street address, cancellation can be accomplished by sending a notice of cancellation to the division's offices, postage prepaid.
(3) (a) If a cancellation involves durable goods, as defined by rule, those goods shall be returned to the seller.
(b) If expendable goods are involved, the purchaser shall return any unused portion of those goods.
(c) A reasonable attempt shall be made to return goods to the solicitor's correct street address within seven days of exercising the right to cancel, providing the solicitor has provided the purchaser with the address. If the solicitor has failed to give a correct address, no return is required to qualify for a full refund of the purchase price.
(d) If the purchaser has used any portion of the services or goods purchased, the solicitor or telephone soliciting business shall receive a reasonable allowance for value given. This allowance may be deducted from any refund due the purchaser.
(e) A solicitor shall be jointly and severally liable with the telephone soliciting business for any refund amount due following the cancellation of a sale made by the solicitor.
(4) For the purposes of this section, "business day" does not include Sunday or a federal or state holiday.

Comments

• Be
      29th of May, 2009

Six Figure Consulting is a rip-off sales floor - true. However, Thrive doesn't have them as part of their organization. They are selling for Thrive and are misrepresenting them.

Not that Thrive doesn't have it's own hand in the pool - they have probably the worst record of customer service of any company in Utah doing personal training and coaching.

The reason is that they were set up by Matt Rasmussen after he got kicked out of Tafiti for embezzling funds, among other things. Rasmussen teamed up with Colton Moody and they are both "investors" in Thrive Learning - as it's actually "owned" by LLC's. City Weekly says that Colton manages this along with his brother-in-law Eric Largin.

According to a recent report on Thrive's one-year anniversary, Rasmussen is their CEO.

The most effective way to handle sales floors like this is to do charge-backs when they refuse a refund and also to report to the FBI, FTC, and A/G of your state and in Utah.

There is also a petition about Thrive you can sign: http://stop-telemarketers.midwestjournalpress.com/sign-this-petition/

But the key point is to get on these forums and get everyone to file their reports and demand their charge-backs. Only a volume of complaints will be listened to.

• Ko
      5th of Jul, 2009

Please message me to join me in stopping these people.

• Ol
      13th of Jul, 2009

I to have been scammed by them and in the process of demanding my money back. I have filed my complaint with the Utah and NC Attorney Generals, the Utah BBB, and the FTC. I have also complained to Discover Card as to there method of handling the charges to my credit card. I will not give up going after a full refund. They need to be stopped!

Ronald Winneberger

• De
      24th of Aug, 2009

They just got me a couple of weeks ago too. I put in a dispute with my credit card no more than 5 days after signing up. The representatives in this company get you excited about making extra money and using the information their sales counselors provide. The same information is in Barnes and Noble.

Their phone number will lead you straight to an answering machine. The answeing machine doesn't even display the company name, only referring to it as "Corporate Offices". I tried to call them to cancel within the usual 3 day right to cancel out of any contract and they never got back with me. That's their way of locking you in so it will be even harder to dispute the charges. Before I gave them any information, i told the sales counselor i wanted the name of their company and he lied and said "Apply Knowledge Institute". On BBB that ranking came up as A+ but it wasn't until after I gave them my card information that I found out the real company is Six figure Consulting. I looked them up on BBB website and their ranking was a D-. By then it was too late.

I strongly warn anyone who receives a call from phone number 801-944-0838 to hang up the phone and keep going. The sales counselors are smooth talking criminals who act like they understand your desire to make a few extra dollars but they just want to beat you out of what you're able to afford. PLEASE AMERICA, BE CAREFUL, THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!!

• So
      10th of Sep, 2009

I just put in a dispute as well! I'm scared. I don't know what to do. I was allowed to cancel after 3 days but they refuse to let me cancel. Can I fight this?

• Mo
      10th of Sep, 2009

Yes you can. They have to let you cancel. Trust the consumer affairs department. 6figure will try to scare you because they are scared. I got my full refund and you can too.

• Mu
      10th of Sep, 2009

Okay, so I'm in the middle of this as well. I'm in the process of a lawyer in Utah asking them for my money back but they have gone from "getting a full refund" to "i don't think you deserve one" to "we never charged you" Anybody have any clue how possible it is to get a full 15, 400 refund. Apparently I signed a contract in a future date? Not sure what that's about but they ripped me off. Can anyone tell me the process they took to get their money back? Thanks!

• Ha
      19th of Oct, 2009

Oh my god I am so glad I read this! They phoned me the other night and I too got all exited even though I have no money and would have had to use a credit card which thank goodness I could'nt find!!!

Thank you so much for letting us all know about these nasy people. Also I am in England so they will go any where...

• De
      3rd of Nov, 2009

yes, now try to google six figure consulting and you'll find that their website has been disbanded and the BBB no longer has them acredited. So they've scammed enough people to where they'll probably be back up and running under a different name. There will be no trace on their track record and then go after thousands of more innocent people. Believe me, God WILL take care of them!

• Ds
      8th of Dec, 2009

I got called by "Apply Knowledge Institute" which they shortened to "Apply KI." I am from England so they are obviously spreading out. I didn't give them any money but they make it very tempting. They got me to listen by saying they were linked in some way to Shawn Casey who I had bought something from, then they say that they are looking to create some business successes which they can then use on their website to sell their courses and that they are not asking for any money.

As the conversation goes on they then introduce the word investment and say OPM to you which means "Other People's Money" they say these after they've established your present debt levels and available credit. So they then start to suggest that using your credit card is not your money but the credit card companies money or OPM and you will earn 12k to 14k per month so will be able to pay the credit card debt back quickly.

I was eventually put on hold because he needed to go downstairs and ask his manager if I was eligible (of course he did) and after a few minutes he was back and of course I had passed. You then are told to hold for your counsellor or mentor who was finishing a meeting. I waited for longer than I was told so due to family commitments couldn't hang around. I made arrangements for them to call me tonight, I did some more research and confirmed my suspicions that this is a scam and told the guy who called I regarded it as a scam and hung up.

So I suspect English people are now being targeted.

• Sl
      1st of Apr, 2010

Josh Lindsay is being arraigned on 7 counts of forgery and 1 count of pattern of unlawful activity on April 8, 2010, in the 3rd District Court – Salt Lake. If you have been wronged by this scam… MAKE SURE YOU CONTACT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL’S OFFICE so you can get COURT ORDERED RESTITUTION.

• Sh
      4th of Jul, 2010

It's sad to read posts from so many people who made impulsive purchases, then got buyer's remorse and refused to take responsibility for their own decisions. No one put a gun to your heads and demanded your credit card numbers.

I know for a fact that the salespeople tell you clearly right on the phone about your 3-day right of recission. They record all of their phone calls, and could prove it to you that they told you that you have 3 days to cancel.

The saddest part for all of you is how much you're going to miss out on such a fantastic opportunity. Whoop-de-doo, you finally get your money back, but here you are, still stuck in the same position, still either too lazy or too scared to actually put forth a little effort and create a successful online business.

Reading the original post was really amusing, because Thrive, 6Figure, etc., are doing everything that was quoted from the statute. They're in full compliance with all of it.

In my extensive experience, the people like all of you who freak out and want their money back are the ones who don't want to have to

actrually do any wor
    k to build a successful online business. You delude yourselves into thinking that you're buying an ATM machine, where you can sit on your butts watching TV and money will come flying out of the machine for you.

No, I do not work for any of these companies, nor am I affiliated with them in any way. But I've been running a successful online business for over 8 years, and I've done a lot of internet coaching during that time as well. And I get really tired of hearing these ridiculous complaints from people who are trying to blame others for their own decisions. If you had put even a fraction of this effort into actually creating your business, you would already be making good money.

• Do
      5th of Aug, 2010

@Shame on Whiners

If you don't work for or are not affiliated with any of these organizations how is it that you "know for a fact that the salespeople tell you clearly right on the phone about your 3-day right of (rescission (had to correct your spelling here)). They record all of their phone calls, and could prove it to you that they told you that you have 3 days to cancel. "?

That sounds a little fishy to me. In fact I outright call B*** S**** on you!

I've been involved in internet marketing for close to 10 years now (I'm talking about real marketing not the Meta Tags and Search Engine Submissions b.s.) and I can tell you that Six Figure Consulting, Apply Knowledge Institute, Thrive Learning and so on, are all scam companies. The coaching is so basic that kids in high school have a better working knowledge of how to develop and market a website than this coaching provides.

Here's the deal folks, with the economy having taking a nose dive and un-employment running rampant people have flocked to the internet doing searches for things like "make money from home" and the sort. Not knowing any better and not being very internet savvy, the layed off Detroit auto worker fills out a from to receive information on a work from home opportunity. This is precisely where the sales funnel begins.

You've just added yourself to a lead list of people looking to make money from home and this list is now sold to companies like the ones named above or they were the ones who created the ad that you filled out the form on. From here it's all about numbers. How many people can we contact a day to get to the one who is desperate, eager, gullible enough to fall for a good sales pitch. In fact I've talked to some pretty smart people who have fallen on hard times and just don't know enough about the internet to do some basic research before forking over large sums of m0ney to companies like these.

Taking advantage of these people is unethical and reprehensible. And they know exactly what their doing when they take your money. They know that your true chance at running a successful online business is next to nothing. All they're after is your money and that's the straight truth.

Making money on the internet is not easy and anyone who tells you otherwise, especially if they're trying to sell you something, is either a liar or an idiot. In fact even scamming people on the internet takes a lot of work, just look at how often these guys have to start a new company to keep up their charade.

Save your money people.

• Jb
      2nd of Nov, 2010

If you have not received a refund from these guys its because they closed one company and opened a new one. They are making money and have money to refund, but you have to complain to state officials and federal officers. Here is how I got my refund.

Nicholas Johnson & Jeff Nielson are former owners of 6 figure as shown at the BBB.

Now they are operating under a different name Online Success INC. They are not registered with the state or BBB to avoid people finding them. But there address is listed as 7440s Creek Road Place, Sandy UT 84093

I complained to the Utah Consumer Protection Agency & the FTC. According to the FTC this company is already under investigation Case # 27851383.

If you complain to those agencies about this being the same owners and the same company you will surely get your refund fast. It took me 14 days and I purchased 12 months ago!

Hope this helps...