678-846-0507 / Called and left no message!

I am getting extremely annoyed. I get calls everyday, and the messages they leave annoy me incredibly. I get a message that only says Hello? Hello? on it, everyday. Each day the same woman says Hello? Hello? on my answer machine. I finally *69 it and got this number. I wanted to know where it was coming from. I wish they would stop.

Si

Comments

• Ji
      10th of Feb, 2007

We received this call in Illinois at 10:41 AM on a Saturday morning. I usually awaken early and I take the phone off the hook so my wife and I won't get disturbed by Saturday morning solicitors. We had just put the phone back on the hook so they may have tried to call us earlier. We are on the national "Do Not Call" registry so I suspect this is a charity or someone who represents a charity.

11th of Feb, 2007

They call at 8 AM this morning and woke my family up. I called the number which referred me to the same number as noted before. 866-435-7227. Called that number and spoke to someone who said my number would be removed.

Little late after woke up everyone in the house!!!

11th of Feb, 2007

I have gotten 3 phone calls from this number, 678-846-0507, only with Atlanta GA and number on Caller ID. I do not answer if I do not know who it is. They do not leave a message. Very annoying.

12th of Feb, 2007

Started receiving calls from this number a few weeks ago. An elderly neighbor, recently widowed, informed me that she has also been receiving these calls and was quite frightened by them.

In my opinion, this is a rather strange way to solicit volunteers and donations by tormenting people with constant telephone calls. I am writing a letter to the ACS to let them know that the donations we've been sending will stop, and instead, we'll support our local cancer center.

This is yet another example of a large charity misspending donations!

• Si
      12th of Feb, 2007

I am getting extremely annoyed. I get calls everyday, and the messages they leave annoy me incredibly. I get a message that only says Hello? Hello? on it, everyday. Each day the same woman says Hello? Hello? on my answer machine. I finally *69 it and got this number. I wanted to know where it was coming from, and now I see where. I wish they would stop.

• Ag
      26th of Feb, 2007

This phone number is the national headquarters of the American Cancer Society in Atlanta, Georgia. If you go to www.cancer.org and click on Contact Us, you will get an 800 number and a place to leave a written message. They promise to get back to you within 3-10 days. As I was doing this the other night, I remembered doing it a few years ago and I did get an email saying they were sorry for the inconvenience and I would be removed from their calling list. Apparently they haven't gotten to it yet as I just got my daily suppertime call. Apparently they also do mass emailings, though I haven't seen one.

1st of Mar, 2007

(678) 846-0507 is a constant caller to my home phone. AS noted by previous comments - the caller ID say it is Atlanta SO, GA. I answered the call the other morning just to see who it was. I got a woman who refused to tell me what number she was dialing (mine). After a couple of rounds of who are you calling, she hung up. I am also on the Federal DO NOT CALL list and have been for a long time.

Any ideas for bringing it to closure??

• Do
      2nd of Mar, 2007

This is a company hired by the American Cancer Society to solicit funds. The calls continue to my home despite repeated attempts at asking them to STOP. As a result I have put the American Cancer Society on my DO NOT DONATE list. This kind of telephone harassment borders on harassment and extortion. The company doing this calls themselves Infocision (not sure of spelling.) I have asked TWICE for the operator to put me on the do not call list and twice apparently they have refused. Any organization that would harass potential donors in this fashion is not worth my time or money. In this day and age NO ONE calling me on the telephone is getting ONE THIN DIME. It is too easy to fall prey to a bluff. I suggest everyone be as uncooperative and as rude as possible to these people. They do not deserve your kindness.

• Pr
      2nd of Mar, 2007

Live in Maine -- have received several of these calls. Caller ID lists "Unknown Name" + the phone number. The "caller" leaves no message...

12th of Mar, 2007

This phone number is the source of MUCH irritation. We get calls from this number just about every week, and I'm ready to find out WHO it is and HOW to shut 'em down.

• Ta
      12th of Mar, 2007

I am an Infocision employee and I want you all to know that I hate my job. I do not want to bother any of you at home on any day--and neither do any of my co-workers. I am a very well-educated woman, who unfortunately lives in an area where the only employer in town is a telemarketing company. I decided long ago that I would NEVER donate to any charity that I had called for. And I want you all to know, that telemarketers are only saying words to you that are scripted for them, by that charity. The words I say to donors on the phone are not my words. I am not proud of my job--at all, but being rude to a telemarketer only gets to that person calling you. It does not go "up" the chain of command. It's never heard by higher-ups. All that happens is that we don't call you again for a couple of months. I can also say, that I am astonished at how horrible people can speak to me. I don't argue with anyone on the phone. I do exactly what that charity asks me to do, or else I get sent home and I don't get paid. If you folks really want to make yourselves heard--call the charity directly. Speak to a manager. Don't take it out on the telemarketer--they're the middle man/woman. Or, if you want them to stop calling you, wait until they identify themselves and then ask them to put you on that charity's DO NOT CALL LIST. Then they cannot call you again for 5 years. Those are the federal laws.
    Once again, I apologize to all of you for any inconvenience you may have had. I know that none of us want this job for a lifetime.

And most of you are right--you never know who it is on the other end of the phone. Infocision hires individuals on community release programs (FROM PRISON!!!). So, please do not divulge information over the phone. Just politely get out of the call...then we have NO option but to comply.

• De
      14th of Mar, 2007

1) Yes, this *IS* the American Cancer Society. They are having problems with their auto-dialing solicitation system. My hubby is in telecom & we gave them the info they need to fix the problem.

2) Phone: 866-435-7227 -- and asked to be removed from their phone call list. The rep said that it could take up to 30 days to go into effect...

3) Remember, the national "Do Not Call" register/list does NOT include non-profit organizations -- i.e The American Cancer Society, The American Heart Association, etc.

4) I tell ALL phone solicitors that I have a "policy" of not giving over the phone. I will *consider* their request only if they put it in writing.

BTW: I do give annually to the American Cancer Society. When relatives have had cancer, they have proven to be an invaluable resource. They will send information for any cancer condition -- no strings attached. When hubby had cancer, they sent tons of info & even included a plastic "briefcase" with child-appropriate explanations of hubby's condition -- incl. what the surgery & chemo would be like -- for my son. They even included stickers and a coloring book... They also have a great website. Just remember -- they ARE a good organization & I feel that we should be patient with them. [Although if I'm still receiving calls after 30 days, I will exercise my right to change my mind -- and will place a notice at this board! :) ]

30th of Mar, 2007

Yes, we have been getting numerous calls from 678-846-0507 and nobody on the line. Probably computer dials and if you wait, somebody will probably pick up. Submitted complaint to National Do Not Call registry:

• Na
      21st of Nov, 2007

I work in the infocision in Columbus ohio doing political outbound and it is not all they advertise it to be I strongly suggest any one that is think of doing this with this company think twice... And if you are getting call after call and ask them to take them off you do not call list that will happen as long as the person on the other end really does it sorry to say it but we get graded on how my call we put threw and donation we get not on how my do not calls we get... and do are job right... its all about the money and if you wonder why the girl on the other end that is calling you is rude its more than likely because that got desived them selves in to think they were going to make more money than what they really are .So please do not take it out on them!

• In
      12th of Dec, 2007

I am an InfoCision Employee.
    Lets clear up some ignorance.

1. We don't leave a message because there is no call back number.
    2. This is computerized calling, over 800 people calling, do you think we sit there and dial these numbers?
    3. We read a script verbatum, per the contract of the client.
    4. We do not say "this is not a solicitation call", its not in the script.
    5. Non-profit org's, which we are calling on behalf of are not subject to the National Do Not Call List. (Neither are surveys or political calls) We have a legal department, we obey all the laws.
    6. We call no more than 8 times per campaign. We call once a day.
    7. If there is no answer, it is because the dialer is slow, or there was a delay in the Watts line. Why would we call and then hang up?
    8. The law allows us to call 8am to 9pm. I get most of my volunteers between 8am and 9am.
    9. There is no caller Id, because it is expensive for a non-profit to provide
    10. Our pitch lasts 30 seconds, we do this once a year per org, its hysterical how much time you people waste counting how many times we call, just answer your phone and say yes or no, If you dont have 30 seconds to possibly help someone with Heart Disease, or Lung Disease thats pretty sad. But you sit on the couch and watch how many advertisements a day on TV?
    11. If you are eating dinner or are in the shower, do what I do, don't answer your phone.
    12. We obtain over 800,000 wonderful volunteers, and help raise millions of dollars for critical research. non-profits dont have enough volunteers to handle this large of a fundraiser, so they have us do it for them. Would you volunteer 40 hours per week to talk to rude people all day?
    13. InfoCision does not outsource to India, I am an American citizen, I speak English and pay my taxes.
    14. So, Answer the phone, tell us you dont want to help people in need, hang up, and we will call next year. And if you cant stand the 30 seconds, ask to be put on the Infocision Do not call list, we will do it, and will not call back. Do it politely, I am a cancer survivor, supporting a family of 6, my husband is out of work, and InfoCision allows me to work at home and is flexible with my hours. I am a human being, but I am sure some of you are so proud that you have at times been so rude you made me cry.

• Su
      15th of Dec, 2007

First, i want to say how working at infocision opened my eyes to the true nature of our country. I worked in the Christian Division in dayton ohio and the people masquerading as Christians then will get on the phone and treat another person rudely and horrible is absolutely appalling. The most generous people in my experience are the ones who give $5 for outreach programs, missions and fighting for Christian causes. The people who tend to be greedy are the same ones who sit and complain about our country's moral deprivation and sit back and do absolutely nothing but go buy that next new car.

The people who work for Infocision are people who would be on the Welfare rolls with out that job. They are single parents, retirees and college students. By the time I left Infocision I can honestly say I HOPE In God We Trust is removed from our money and Nativity scenes are outlawed at Christmas and that God is never mentioned in public again because "good christian people" don't deserve to have their rights protected through the blood, sweat, and tears of the good people at Infocision. And really its no skin off my nose as I am not Christian. So to all who read this and have received a call and have not taken the time to listen to the person on the other end, when your minister is jailed for speaking out against homosexuality all i can say is I told you so, cuz that law passed. HA HA hA ha ha bet you'll wish you gave that 20 bucks next year.

• Jh
      15th of Jul, 2008

INFOCISION IS THE WORST JOB IN THE WORLD. DO NOT DONATE TO THEM, I CURRENTLY WORK THERE NOW AND WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM GO UNDER. THEY REQUIRE YOU TOO ASK 2 TIMES FOR MONEY SOMETIMES 3 TIMES. IF YOU DONT YOU ARE WRITTEN UP AND SENT OUT FOR NOT FOLLOWING THE SCRIPT. THE OWNER IS GARY TAYLOR AND THE COMPANY IS BASED IN AKRON OHIO. 325 SPRINGSIDE DRIVE, AKRON OHIO TO BE EXACT. I REPEAT DONT EVER DONATE TO THEM. THEY CLIENT THAT PAYS INFOCISION TO CALL FOR THEM PAYS EACH EMPLOYEE 25 DOLLARS OR MORE AN HOUR TO CALL FOR THEM AND THE INFOCISION EMPLOYEE ONLY GETS 7 DOLLARS PER HOUR. IF YOU DONTATE NOT ALOT OF YOUR MONEY IS EVEN GOING TO THE CHARITY. BURN INFOCISION, BURN TO THE GROUND, YOU PIECE OF ###!

31st of Oct, 2008

There are things i dont like about my job yes. but people who complain about asking for money and doing more than one request obviously werent very good at their job or they would know it pays to ask a second time and feel out if they are comfortable with a smaller amount.

• Me
      18th of Nov, 2008

I have recently begun to work at Infocision, and I am in my fourth week of training. From talking to many people on the phones for eight hours per five day work week, I can say the following to many on here who are firing up against Infocision.

First, realize it is not the communicator's fault for disturbing you. Our dialers are automatic as soon as we select the program we are to use and hit that green arrow. We have no idea who we are calling until the script becomes available. In fact, with some scripts, we don't know the state nor the time, nor do we know if someone is eating, sick, or gone until that person tells us.

Second, it takes us less than a minute to pitch to you. We are required to read the script word for word, no matter how ridiculous it sounds. If we receive a no with an explanation, we are required to go into a second request, and occasionally a third request.

Third, most people complain about all the letters we send them by mail. This is because most people refuse to provide a credit card to pledge a donation. Sometimes, I don't blame people for this one, but at times I feel it is appropriate. We do not sell your information to anyone, and all credit card information is strictly confidential. Plus, we send out receipts.

Fourth, I get several people who tell me on the phone they do not accept solicitation calls, and to send them a letter. I would be very happy to do that, but I can not send you out a letter if you do not stay on the phone with me so that I can verify your address. What if you had moved and the information was not updated with one of the campaigns you had donated to?

Fifth, I also received yes, I will donate answers from people that I've called. Yet, before I can verify information from them, they immediately hang up. It takes less than three minutes to verify all information which ensures your pledge is entered into the system.

I know that we telemarketers can be annoying when we call you. Believe me, I would rather be doing something else with my time, and I am currently looking for new employment. Many of you are aware the economy is down, and we must do what we can in order to survive. I will admit, that I really do not like bugging anyone for money. I know that times are tough for people, and I try hard to put myself in their shoes. At the same time, I wonder if people are refusing to donate because they are greedy? I hate to say this, but there are a lot of greedy people out there, who would rather spend their money on a football game than give $20 to a worthy cause.

I am willing to agree that perhaps Infocision does request high amounts and low amounts. If the donor could realize their gift is tax deductible, and that they will receive their gift back at tax time when they file their taxes, I think a lot of people would be willing to donate more.

Every day just about, I have to force myself to go to work. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy meeting new people, even by phone. But it's really a difficult chore for me to ask you for money, once, twice, sometimes three times. They push and push us to receive that donation.

It is not my intention to upset any of you, because that is the last thing that I want to do. I don't like wasting your time on the phone any more than I like my time wasted. Because I have to work full time, 2 to 11, I barely have time for myself, my boyfriend, my family, and friends. I do my best to not be rude to anyone over the phone, and I am very appreciative of those I've spoken to who are actually nice, including the irate previous donors who get to talking to me, voicing their concerns to me.

As per favor, I would like you all to know and to remember that if I do call you, it is not because I want to purposely bother you and hit you up for money. I will say what I need to say, thus doing my job until I receive the following: A yes pledge. A no pledge (two or three requests), and other possible answers. Also, for those who only donate once year, I have this to say. When there is a matching grant opportunity going on, why not take advantage of it as soon as possible? Because when you do, it is entered into our records, and your gift is automatically doubled. And get this, by the time you do actually send the donation in, it would be about the same time you would normally donate. Only guess what! It's in our specially coded envelope, telling us that it will be doubled by our corporate sponsors. But if it is not in that specially coded envelope, we have no idea if it is doubled or not.

I know that many people give to other donations, in fact some give to ten or more. Here's what I say. Pick a few that you know you can handle and expect a call every month. Some of us do call more than once, but only because we haven't been able to reach you. If you do not want to receive monthly calls, then upon sending your donation in, request that you do not want to be contacted every month for money! I am pretty sure that something can be done so that we cannot call you every month.

We don't really ask for much each month. If you can give a donation, then please just do so. Because, your gifts are tax deductible, and you will receive it back when you file your taxes. The more you donate, the more you receive back.

I know times are tough, and many people are out of work. I know what it's like to go through that. I was out of work for a year. All I can say, is keep looking, keep applying. You could even try at Infocision. They are always hiring, and even offer work at home if you live outside their calling areas. The pay doesn't seem like much, but they offer great advancement opportunities, weekly paychecks, and more. Other places are also hiring. Try for a seasonal job. Most companies who hire seasonal employees will at times keep certain seasonal employees that they've hired.

It really all depends on you and your attitude. Despite the fact the economy is going down, there are still some jobs available. Get up, get dressed, make yourself look nice, grab what you need, and go out and look. Look in the paper, go to the places directly, apply online, call around. Post your resume on Yahoo, Monster, and other resume searchable websites. If I can find a job after one year, you can too. Persistence is the key.

I am wishing for everyone to have a safe day, and that things do get better for those who are struggling and feeling unwell. Like I said, it is not my intention to upset any of you. I am just doing my job like anyone else would be.

• Lu
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Yo Dawgs! Ya'll got me straight trippin', Boo!